FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if this was mentioned but I may have come across a bug. When I updated to the latest beta, my per preset channel buttons for my delay and reverb were on (lit up), but nothing was coming through, as they were deactivated. Pushing the buttons didn’t turn them on or off like it used to, and I noticed that the “smart bypass” was turned off. Not a big deal at all because I just switched it after I figured it out, similar to the “scene 2” mixup, so not a big deal. Just wondering if anyone else came across that with per preset switches?

Has anyone else been able to reproduce the Cab 2 block using more than double the CPU of Cab 1 block?

You can do it on the front panel of the unit as well, using an empty preset; add Cab Block 1 and CPU goes to 16.5%; add Cab block 2 and it goes to 24.5%; remove Cab Block 1 and it goes down to 21.5%; result is Cab 1 is 3.5% CPU and Cab 2 is 8.5% CPU ~4%-5% difference:

Cheers!

Can you elaborate on the steps needed to reload your scenes layout please? I have this issue now and don't want tweak every preset to fix it.
You do not need to load entire Layouts. It’s one switch. Also, it’s global, not per preset thankfully.

In the editor, click FC Edit or whatever it’s called in the top right.
Click Layout 2 (Scenes)
Click switch 2
Change where it says ‘Scene 1’ to ‘Scene 2’

I can post screenshots later but I’m at work now.

This update is killer and has fixed a lot of bugs, hopefully including the BIG bug that was giving me no output randomly. The only bug I've noticed so far is my delay feedback increasing on it's own. It'll go from 11% to 61% on multiple presets once I switch to them a second time. First time is usually normal. So far it has just done this on the tape delay that I have set for slap back. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using some old presets that I had drag and dropped into the FM9 recently that I had backed up from a previous FM9 backup. I haven't noticed it on newly created presets yet. This also occurred on the last beta.

You do not need to load entire Layouts. It’s one switch. Also, it’s global, not per preset thankfully.

In the editor, click FC Edit or whatever it’s called in the top right.
Click Layout 2 (Scenes)
Click switch 2
Change where it says ‘Scene 1’ to ‘Scene 2’

I can post screenshots later but I’m at work now.
Thank you!

This update is killer and has fixed a lot of bugs, hopefully including the BIG bug that was giving me no output randomly. The only bug I've noticed so far is my delay feedback increasing on it's own. It'll go from 11% to 61% on multiple presets once I switch to them a second time. First time is usually normal. So far it has just done this on the tape delay that I have set for slap back. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using some old presets that I had drag and dropped into the FM9 recently that I had backed up from a previous FM9 backup. I haven't noticed it on newly created presets yet. This also occurred on the last beta.

This happened to me when this current beta came out. I updated the night before a gig and was running through the presets real quick. All seemed normal then happened back on a preset I could have sworn I had been on but the delay feedbacks was WAY up. At that point I didn't even experiment and just rolled back. I just figured I was mistaken and that I had not tried that preset after the update like I thought. Since the gig I have updated back to the most recent beta but the delays all seem normal. I am on the lookout for it now though.

I gotta say that whatever was done, it sounds effin awesome!!! I’ve only had two minor hiccups to speak of..

Got stuck on the boot up screen one time on power up. This happened to me quite a bit on the previous beta, but only once so far on this one. This is fixed with just turning off and turning back on.

I leveled all my presets last night at zero db and when I went back to play again today, those same levels that were perfect yesterday, were about 4db too loud today. I adjusted everything and will report back if that happens again.

I gotta say that whatever was done, it sounds effin awesome!!! I’ve only had two minor hiccups to speak of...

...I leveled all my presets last night at zero db and when I went back to play again today, those same levels that were perfect yesterday, were about 4db too loud today. I adjusted everything and will report back if that happens again.
Concur.

Spent Monday afternoon with preset leveling and my 3 guitars, and remembered to save my work each time. Also tweaked a bunch of my crunch settings (previously way too harsh for my tastes) so that they sound more like pushed amps with a little more breakup at higher guitar volumes. Otherwise, they're clean or singing leads. Very pleased with the results. Also, eliminated a piezo preset that was too cheesy/lo-fi sounding. Kept 2 others.

Will report back Wednesday once I've checked my levels again per @Dirty145's suggestion. Not expecting any unforeseen issues, but I don't get to control how my life is each day. Will take it one day at a time.

Happy to report this time, it ain't broke, so no immediate fix necessary. Nice to be able to say that this evening.

This happened to me when this current beta came out. I updated the night before a gig and was running through the presets real quick. All seemed normal then happened back on a preset I could have sworn I had been on but the delay feedbacks was WAY up. At that point I didn't even experiment and just rolled back. I just figured I was mistaken and that I had not tried that preset after the update like I thought. Since the gig I have updated back to the most recent beta but the delays all seem normal. I am on the lookout for it now though.
They figured out the issue and it'll be fixed in the next update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom