FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preset it was on was saved from the FXIII when I first got FM9 - has worked fine so far. Only other lockups I had were early with v1.0 at gigs, and I think I was running CPU too hard (85% or so) and it may have gotten hot. I now keep it around 80 max, no prob since.

I do have Tuner on heel down, Expression Pdl 1

Was not sending Midi, but I do keep my Midi Bluetooth plugged in all the time.

I updated to beta 2 when it came out, and I played this morning also. No midi, just an expression pedal and one footswitch (a quiet one for tap tempo). No lockups here.

Edit: I have one preset that runs low eighties, and the rest are lower.

Not startup froze, but froze while already booted up?! Dang.

Out of curiosity, do either have the “Tuner @ heel down” option enabled?
Mine froze last night while testing MIDI connections after a below-pedalboard rearrangement. Volume pedal is set for tuner on heel down, and it froze in that position. Restart fixed it....

Just curious if any of these presets/blocks are fresh, new instances, or ones carried/converted over from another platform, downloaded, etc.?

FWIW I've not had any freezing on my FM3 and FM9 through the various firmwares, betas...connected to the editors, standalone, and used for several hours at a time.
I've never had a hang and my presets all started from a preset originating on my Axe Fx III.

I was watching Cooper Carters video on the new AxeFx III "scene ignore" feature in terms of new FC functions & options. Is that something that will trickle down to the FM9 eventually?

Had an issue with FC Per-Preset. Upgrading from both FW1 and tried from FM2b1. Same issue.

PP#13 and PP#14 (maybe others) aren’t keeping their smart bypass setting. I can’t post the preset since it’s a paid preset (David Hislop’s). I tried importing the preset on FW1 and then upgrading and also tried importing the preset after upgrading and same thing. 2nd press turns to Off.

I’m sure the preset was created on FW1 so maybe that’s why.

I have the same DH pack and can try it tonight. I’ve been using scene mode with no problems since upgrading. Are 13 & 14 used for effects mode?

I have the same DH pack and can try it tonight. I’ve been using scene mode with no problems since upgrading. Are 13 & 14 used for effects mode?
Yep, effects mode is where they are used. I had the smart bypass issue on the drives in effect mode as well. Can’t get to FM9 right now but I think they are PP#9-11.

I was watching Cooper Carters video on the new AxeFx III "scene ignore" feature in terms of new FC functions & options. Is that something that will trickle down to the FM9 eventually?
If possible yes. It's not simple enough to just add mid-stream to this beta, so the investigation is being left until after the final non beta release of FM9 2.x

Yep - I did a little playing around to prove it to myself - the image is not a useable preset really, just a test. Both Reverbs are set to highest quality, 2 amps, 5 delays - 42% CPU... :). Add a Cab block with 2 UltraRes, Exciter preamp on High Quality goes to 62%, add Room goes to 65%. Very impressive
When running two delay blocks and two reverbs with intense settings, it is possible to stress the CPU core that handles these tasks. We're possibly adding a second CPU meter so you can monitor this.

The posts above about freezing would be more helpful if we had some details about how and when this happened. Without more info, there's no way to try to reproduce these reports. @zionplayer @Knaggster do you remember which preset(s) were in use? What's in those presets? Is there anything else you can think of that can help narrow any possible investigation?

PS: I read the follow up that external MIDI seems to have been involved in your case @Knaggster - Any more details on that?

Last edited:
No issues here either, but I do not use very complex presets. Just factory presets slightly modified for my specific use. Not usually an early adopter of beta updates, but I wanted to experience first hand the reported sound quality improvement. Have to say that I can definitely notice an improvement in tightness, definition and responsiveness over ver 1.0. My first impression with my FRFR setup is much more pleasing. Closer to that ”amp in the room“ sound. I play mostly at home and in a small rehearsal space, so that part of the equation is sounding pretty good. Thanks FAS team!

Just one issue here : my scenes layout 2nd button was automatically assigned to scene1 while it as previously on defaut behavior, so scene 2

When running two delay blocks and two reverbs with intense settings, it is possible to stress the CPU core that handles these tasks. We're possibly adding a second CPU meter so you can monitor this.

The posts above about freezing would be more helpful if we had some details about how and when this happened. Without more info, there's no way to try to reproduce these reports. @zionplayer @Knaggster do you remember which preset(s) were in use? What's in those presets? Is there anything else you can think of that can help narrow any possible investigation?

PS: I read the follow up that external MIDI seems to have been involved in your case @Knaggster - Any more details on that?
I sent the presets and my global settings to Matt at his request. I have been using those presets for quite a while with no issues.

As far as the midi is concerned, I was using an Airstep foot switch to send PC/CC messages to change Presets/Scenes (I can stop doing this was soon as Songs/Setlists are implemented on the FM9 😀). Again, I have been doing this for a while prior to FW 2.0 which broke it. Disconnecting the Airstep seemed to resolve the problem insofar as it did not recur thereafter. Having said that, I ran the FM9 with Airstep attached for over 3 hours after I got home with absolutely no issues.

Ran mine yesterday at service with no issues. Been running dual amp presets and really liking it so far.
I had rolled back, just in case. When this came late in the day Friday, I jumped on it. Glad to have the solid basic tone back. as well as the stability and the extra goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom