FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just A/B-ed it against my FM3 with 5.02, it's identical. 🤘 Couldn't be happier

Even though I didnt see it listed in the knows issues with the last 2.01B, the reverb issue for my cloud reverbs seems to have been addressed. They sound normal again. @unix-guy @Thenewexhibit @shawnfitz1222

Yes, the Reverb issue is fixed in this version.
Yes to all of these! That’s great news.

The notes also mention a Tuner on heel down issue fixed. I wonder if that’ll keep it from locking up like I had happen…

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happens if one were to load a beta 2.01 preset in v1 firmware? I'm not sure I'm ready to update to another beta yet but have some presets built in the betas that have setups I'd like to use. Will the presets just not work or will they "break" something in the functionality (for lack of a better word)?

Thanks, Fractal for getting a fix out here.
Maybe just wait a bit? If I were having the issues you've posted, I wouldn't press my luck. Just a thought...

I was reading this thread thinking it was the 2.01 beta 1. I could have downloaded this and tried it out earlier if I was paying attention but sadly I'm not with my FM9 now, until tomorrow. Thanks FAS!!!

FM9 Firmware Version 2.01 public beta 2 is now available for download:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm9/2p0/fm9_dsp_rel_2p01_beta_2.zip

A new version of FM9-Edit is required for use with this release:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-edit-1-00-05-to-support-fw-2-01-public-beta-2.183045/

This beta release contains corrections for issues discovered in the 2.01 beta 1 firmware dated 3/31/2022.
Nice! My stand-in switches are back!

So far, sound is excellent, firmware is fast, editor is behaving nicely!

Even though I'm on the waitlist for an FM9 and may not see one anytime soon, I am impressed with the tech support.
It's worth waiting for.

I could have sworn I could save layouts per-preset. Is that not possible with this update?
There are eight layouts total. They’re global. One of the default layouts is labeled “Per Preset,” because it contains placeholder switches for per-preset switches.

I could have sworn I could save layouts per-preset. Is that not possible with this update?
Huh? It’s not clear what you are talking about.

A layout can be the occupied blocks in the grid and the connections between them, and is fixed within a preset. It never changes within a particular preset. It can also be the foot controller settings. They’re different and it’s important to differentiate between them.

Presets contain scenes and there can be up to eight scenes.

Scenes contain the settings inside the channels of the blocks used in the preset, along with the current channel for each block. Those settings can include whether a block is enabled or disabled, and what particular type that block is and what its parameters are set to.

So, you can save ONE grid layout in a preset. That preset can have eight scenes. Save the preset and you get the grid layout and the eight scenes, whether you define all eight or not.

Read pages 14 and 15 in the manual and their linked pages for more about scenes and presets.

We can also save Per-Preset footswitch overrides and those could be aggregated into a full footswitch layout which overrides the global settings for a particular FC layout. Read the Foot Controller and Footswitch Functions Guide for more about layouts and what you can do with them.

Last edited:
Huh? It’s not clear what you are talking about.

A layout can be the occupied blocks in the grid and the connections between them, and is fixed within a preset. It never changes within a particular preset. It can also be the foot controller settings. They’re different and it’s important to differentiate between them.

Presets contain scenes and there can be up to eight scenes.

Scenes contain the settings inside the channels of the blocks used in the preset, along with the current channel for each block. Those settings can include whether a block is enabled or disabled, and what particular type that block is and what its parameters are set to.

So, you can save ONE grid layout in a preset. That preset can have eight scenes. Save the preset and you get the layout and the eight scenes, whether you define Al eight or not.

Read pages 14 and 15 in the manual and their linked pages.
I think he means footswitch layouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom