Wish FM3 Ultra - dual CPUs in a small form factor. Can it happen?

Pete1959

Inspired
After getting on the original FM3 wait list and waiting forever for it, I loved the pedal and was amazed at the improvements over my old AX8.
It didn't take much longer that I read about the FM9 announcement. So, I put the FM3 up for sale and got on the wait list. Having used the FM9, it was great to have the extra CPU which helped extensively for more powerful presets such as dual amps, reverbs, etc. My FM9 impressed two of my friends enough to order FM9 Turbos which were released by then.

I sold my FM9 recently and not because I didn't like it. I did. I miss the 3 button form factor of the FM3 and would love to see the "guts" of the FM9T inside the FM3 shell. I can easily compromise with some of the extra I/O found on the FM9 as I don't need it.

Perhaps a replacement of the USB port with a USB type C connection in its place? One last wish would be wireless FM Edit via bluetooth.

Just my two cents....

I'd take it. Plus two more exp ports. Perfection on the floor!!! Or a deeper unit with another row of three buttons with screens! FM6!!!
Be still my beating heart...

Yeah. Sorry. the buttons situation still bugs me...

I'm sure heat will be solved. Soon!

Last edited:
I can imagine water line cooling like in an AC unit lol.
Years ago my coworker told me about this new inert liquid that was being tested for cooling.

No water line, etc... The unit is sealed and filled with the inert liquid :)

Years ago my coworker told me about this new inert liquid that was being tested for cooling.

No water line, etc... The unit is sealed and filled with the inert liquid :)
Let's take it back to 2005 and do a mineral oil submerged system.

Back
Top Bottom