FM3 Mkll?

Well, since I just got my FM3 not long ago, I certainly hope they do NOT introduce a MkII anytime soon. That would seriously piss a lot of people off. As for the QC, it will have some strengths vs the FM3 and probably be a great product. But my FM3 won't be going anywhere, as long as they continue to support it. Come on, Cygnus!!!

This is the correct response.

Competition drives innovation though. Ignoring the competition, even if they appear to be behind, is not the way to go.

Bringing forth suggestions based on a competing product is not because we dislike Fractal or think they're inferior. Rather the opposite, it's because we LOVE Fractal that we want to see it become even better. Why would you not want even better Fractal products?

Competition drives innovation though. Ignoring the competition, even if they appear to be behind, is not the way to go.

Bringing forth suggestions based on a competing product is not because we dislike Fractal or think they're inferior. Rather the opposite, it's because we LOVE Fractal that we want to see it become even better. Why would you not want even better Fractal products?
Both the user’s initial comment and my response were just in jest.

I think this is my biggest hesitation for buying the FM3, I would be pretty pissed if a year from now some sort of updated model comes out and that definitely happened with the Axe FX III. Of course the older model still works fine, but it would just bug me lol

I think this is my biggest hesitation for buying the FM3, I would be pretty pissed if a year from now some sort of updated model comes out and that definitely happened with the Axe FX III. Of course the older model still works fine, but it would just bug me lol

why? how much is worth one year of tone greatness for you?

I also know the counter to this how Apple and phone/tech companies release new phones, laptops, tablets, etc... once or twice a year and you don't have to buy each new unit, but idk something about guitar gear feels different when it comes to that

I also know the counter to this how Apple and phone/tech companies release new phones, laptops, tablets, etc... once or twice a year and you don't have to buy each new unit, but idk something about guitar gear feels different when it comes to that

I'm pretty sure the fm3 wont start sounding worse when a new version is developed... can't say the same for my old, slow and cluncky iphone

I'm pretty sure the fm3 wont start sounding worse when a new version is developed... can't say the same for my old, slow and cluncky iphone
it won't sound worse, but possible problem is if a new model came out within a year that had some noticeable improvements or upgrades and you want to get it because those improvements may directly benefit your workflow, then the FM3 used market prices drop and you spend alot more money in the long run. My opinion anyways

My counter argument is that if I didn’t have the FM3 I would probably be spending money on amps and/or pedals anyway, and those are a lot more expensive over the long term. So if I have to sell my old model and kick-in some money at some point to upgrade I am still probably saving money.

Given what happened to the ax8 I might be a little concerned.... but from what I see right now in regards to FM3 it appears they solved that issue and it won’t happen again.

I am confident that the FM3 will be supported for as much as they can squeeze out of the processing power for as long as they can, even if a newer floor model comes out.

Because it's like they made a new product or updated product to intentionally counter/improve/enhance the things that were wrong with prior product, and it happened so quickly
That is the heart of what Fractal does. It’s how we got the FM3 in the first place. And it’s how we’ll get the next great thing. If that bugs you, you’ll be happier with a Helix. :)

Over time, I’ve come to realize that you have to consider the time you could be enjoying what is currently available. There is always a newer model around the corner in a year or three, and if you spend too much time waiting, you will spend too little time living.

Well, since I just got my FM3 not long ago, I certainly hope they do NOT introduce a MkII anytime soon. That would seriously piss a lot of people off. As for the QC, it will have some strengths vs the FM3 and probably be a great product. But my FM3 won't be going anywhere, as long as they continue to support it. Come on, Cygnus!!!
They pretty much still support ALL of their products. Got trouble with an ultra, just give them an email or a call.....

Reactions: Rex
I agree that Fractal is leading the pack quality wise (I have an axefx 3) - what I’m curious about is if Fractal may feel the ‘perceived’ limitations of the FM3 compared to new floor modellers in relation to not being able to run amps in parallel and number of effects etc may lead to a newer version of the FM3

I haven't bought an FM3 (yet) because of the swtiching gap and only one amp block per patch. The Fractal philosophy seems to not care about switching gap; the solution is to have tons of processing power in the FX3, multiple amp blocks, and use scenes. IOW, the FX3 solves the problem through brute force, something the FM3 doen't quite do. (When you load up amp channels in a single FM3 patch, the cpu load shoots up fast.) So yes, there are actual limitations of the FM3.

If Fractal could put the FX3 power on the floor, I would be very interested. I just don't have a place for the rack unit and combined total of rack + floorboard out of my comfort zone. The Quad Cortex may not be the answer, but there is definitely a need for that level of power on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom