FM3: G66 availability?

Things are now different. Maybe G66 thought there would be no extra FM3 left for international dealers from the first batch. but now so many people have skipped the non headphone jack units and Fractal is distributing non headphone jack FM3 to international dealers now. Maybe G66 also might get a small number of non headphone units or not... just my guess. 🤣🤣

Send them an email asking, they're really good at responding so will say if they have any plans to sell FM3s without headphone jacks

An update from Sussi:

We expect to get the first FM3 shipment around end of May, but the waiting list is very long so it will take several weeks before we will get enough units for all. We will inform you when we start shipping and at least 2-3 weeks before your FM3 will be ready to ship.

The first shipment will be non-headphone units, but we don't know yet how many it will be and when exactly they will be shipping. As soon as we get more precise information on the first shipment we will inform everybody on the waitlist.

Kind Regards
Sussi

Thanks for the posting, martijne :)
I am on the G66 waitlist since 23.05.2019 when I first read about the FM 3 (before that I thought I would NEVER sell the AX 8 again :D).
Time to be patient again and if I won`t get one of the non-headphone units I won`t have to decide wether I choose a non-headphone unit or a headphone unit which I would prefer.

An update from Sussi:

We expect to get the first FM3 shipment around end of May, but the waiting list is very long so it will take several weeks before we will get enough units for all. We will inform you when we start shipping and at least 2-3 weeks before your FM3 will be ready to ship.

The first shipment will be non-headphone units, but we don't know yet how many it will be and when exactly they will be shipping. As soon as we get more precise information on the first shipment we will inform everybody on the waitlist.

Kind Regards
Sussi

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering where we were at
Be nice if my name comes up mid June as that's me birthday

Mhm, I didn't expect they'd get any non-hp units. Kind of a bummer...
The closer we get, the more fed up / impatient I seem to become.

Thanks for that update. I was added to the list at 19.44 on the 23rd April but assume there are plenty of people before me that had ordered an ax8.

At least the end is in sight - it’s been frustrating watch our American friends get their orders.

I'm just a few minutes after the announcement (around 19:10 CEST iirc) but I'm certainly going to pass if it will be the non-headphones version

I'm most likely passing on the non-HP version as well if it ever becomes available for me (although I'm super far back into the waitlist, just having joined beginning April 2020, lol). My reasons are mostly for resaleability and because I never know if I might need it if I bring the FM3 with me some place.

I'd go for a non headphone version. I wouldn't really use it that much to be honest. If I do use my headphones or in ears I'm usually plugged into my audio interface anyway.

What’s your reasons on passing on a possible offer for a non-HP version? Just curious...
When the FM 3 was released I immediatly liked the idea of having a small but powerful unit and just have to connect guitar cable, headphone cable and power supply to practice silently in the evening. I have to put guitar equipment away in the day time as my young son likes to explore everything and when he says "Oh no....." we always know that he has done something that will be expensive, dangerous or annoying :D And with the AX 8 I did not like the time it took to put the mixer on the table, than the AX 8, connecting everything......when it comes to creativity I want to start quickly before it is getting annoying :D
Maybe I will try the non hp version with an adapter to see if level is enough to connect it directly to my AKG studio headphones.
The level was good enough on the AX 8, too but I needed the mixer to have an aux in for playbacks.

Although I am far down on the list (enlisted early September so I don't expect an invitation earlier than August or September) I would pass on the non-headphone version. Not because I will be using it all the time, on the contrary, in +9 years with my AxeFx2 I haven't used this feature more than two times and generally speaking I never liked the headphone sound on any modeler I've owned or tried (no matter which headphones I used).

It's just that I enlisted when I saw the announcement (a bit late for me but still) and that was part of the features and also since I want the FM3 primarily for portability purposes, I want it to have that capability with no extra fuss on my end, just in case.

I don't know, unless the price is more than 100 euros less, which I seriously doubt.

But that's just me.
It is interesting that you never liked headphone sound. The AX 8 in combination with my AKG studio closed headphones (K-271 MKII) was the first modeler on which I really enjoyed and liked the headphone sound.
I would be interested what headphones you used as it is an important part of the sound.
Of course you will never get the same kind of sound and feeling like standing in front of real speakers on a serious volume level ;)

Back
Top Bottom