FM3 Firmware Version 7.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or has amp channel switching been greatly improved?

Maybe it’s the placebo effect, but I hardly notice a gap now.

The firmware sounds awesome but the new FM3 Edit is losing connectivity a lot on my MacBook Pro. First time in any version, beta or official I've had this happen. Removed and reinstalled, did RANF again after reinstalling just to cover bases, and it's still losing connection then re-connecting every couple seconds. Anybody else seeing this?

The firmware sounds awesome but the new FM3 Edit is losing connectivity a lot on my MacBook Pro. First time in any version, beta or official I've had this happen. Removed and reinstalled, did RANF again after reinstalling just to cover bases, and it's still losing connection then re-connecting every couple seconds. Anybody else seeing this?
I just posted in the edit forum before seeing this. Yes, my FM3 Edit flashes every couple of seconds on my MacBook Pro.

I just posted in the edit forum before seeing this. Yes, my FM3 Edit flashes every couple of seconds on my MacBook Pro.
I'm getting the same. I was just about to post something. I'm on an iMac. It appears to do it every 10 seconds, but sometimes it goes crazy when I'm using it. Everything seems to be functioning normally except for this.

I'm getting the same. I was just about to post something. I'm on an iMac. It appears to do it every 10 seconds, but sometimes it goes crazy when I'm using it. Everything seems to be functioning normally except for this.
Is this happening after updating FM3 edit ?
Oops
I see you’ve posted about this in the edit update thread as well .

Yes. At first I thought that FM3-Edit is just flickering from time to time. But you are right, it's loosing the connection very briefly. It almost immediatly reconnects, so the impact is low. I'm on Mac.

That's new for me. Never had that with 6.x

Other than that: Dyna Cabs is great. Thanks to all involved.

Last edited:
I am experiencing the same thing, on a macbook pro.
The only time the flickering does not happen is on a completely empty preset.
EDIT: Still happens on empty preset.

I have been on 7.00 since beta 1 through beta 4, and have not had this issue until today, the official release.

FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 is available:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/7p0/fm3_dsp_rel_7p00.zip

Fractal-Bot version 3.00.18 is available:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-bot-3-00-18.196980/

A new version of FM3-Edit is also required for 7.00 firmware: (Be sure to execute Settings->Refresh after new Firmware) ("RANF")
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-06-01.197459/

If you are upgrading from version 6.02 or older, please follow the instructions in the Firmware Update guide PDF that is included to install the firmware and Dyna-Cabs. If you are updating from a previous version of 7.00 beta, Dyna-Cabs do not need to be reinstalled.

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

Version 7 Introduces Dyna-Cab™ cabinet modeling.
  • The Cabinet block now has two modes of operation: Legacy and Dyna-Cab. Legacy is the previous style of operation.
  • Dyna-Cab cabinet modeling allows freely positioning the microphone. We took an approach of quality-over-quantity:
  • Dyna-Cab IRs are 1024 samples.
  • Mic positions are sampled at a fine spatial resolution.
  • Four mic choices are available: Condenser, Ribbon and two Dynamic types.
  • All IRs are time-aligned with each other. They have been processed using a new algorithm that ensures alignment without destroying phase information. You can mix-and-match IRs from different cabs/mics and they'll always be perfectly aligned.
  • The Amp block now features “Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance”. When set to ON the speaker impedance curve of the Amp block will follow the Cabinet Type in the first mixer slot of the associated Cabinet block. I.e., if the Cab Type in the first mixer slot of Cabinet is, say, 4x12 5153 and the Mode is Dyna-Cab then Amp’s speaker impedance will automatically be set to 4x12 5153.
  • Added Speaker Impedance Curves for “2x12 Class-A 30W Silver”, “2x10 Heart Key” and “4x12 1960BV”.
  • Added “Treble Shift” control to Tone page of USA IIC+ models. This is an alias of the “Fat” control found on the Preamp page and performs the same function.
  • Added “4 Band JMPRE-1” type to Graphic EQ block. Note that the upper two bands of this type have more boost/cut range than the version in the Amp block.
  • Added “Revv Gen” amp models based on a Revv Generator 120. There are three models for each of the Purple, Red and Green channels corresponding to the three levels of the “Aggression” switch.
  • Improved Amp block channel switching speed.

FIXES​

• Fixed audio drop from the Compressor block when Ratio is set to 1.0.
  • Fixed System Settings being reset after reboot under certain conditions.
  • Fixed a filter issue affecting the Wah block.
  • Fixed system lockup under certain conditions.
  • Fixed Klon model making low level white noise when bias is exactly zero.
  • Fixed side-chain filters not working in Gate block.
  • FC: Edit Setlist page on the front panel will now refresh properly when inserting/deleting songs.
I did already installed the beta 5: do i have to reinstall fractal bot end fm3 edit also?

I'm stunned how much different the dynamics-cabs perform. I'm gonna have to go down that cab wormhole now....thanks a lot ;) But I am also experiencing my FM3 edit constantly flickering.

I am also having the flickering/disconnecting issue with FM3 Edit on my Mac. Never had that before and have used all the recent beta versions. Glad to see it wasn't just my eye balls wigging out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom