FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I don't know if it's a fault of my equipment or if it's normal, I haven't seen anyone talking about this.

Yes, I don't know if it's a fault of my equipment or if it's normal, I haven't seen anyone talking about this.
It’s normal with this update, and the launch screens are slightly different. Load times on power up are a little longer but for the extra 15-20 seconds to get an update that took fractal months to implement is a small price to pay imho. I’m loving the Dynacabs and continuous improvements to my fm3.

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

I have dangerous bug!
It appears when Amp block level...

Please be careful trying repeat it (turn your physical level nubs to zero!!!)
Turn volume higher, and switch cad block from Legacy to Dyna-cab mode...
Even if your volume 1,2 turned completely off sound appears, and it's so loud that can damage ears and FRFR system...
I hope i could explain this bug clear enough
I have had this happen too - it seems to only happen with the default cab selection as changing it to what I wanted relieved the issue. Hopefully a fix. My ears weren't happy haha

It’s normal with this update, and the launch screens are slightly different. Load times on power up are a little longer but for the extra 15-20 seconds to get an update that took fractal months to implement is a small price to pay imho. I’m loving the Dynacabs and continuous improvements to my fm3.
Thanks, basically I wanted to know if it was normal

I tried your preset again. I dimed Master Volume and Amp Level. The result was, of course, extremely loud. Between the Master Volume and the Amp Level, you're adding about 40 dB to the signal. That's the difference between 1 watt and 10,000 watts! Everything from the Amp block to the output was clipping. And yes, there was enough level to come through even when the volume knob was all the way down. Not surprising, when your signal is 10,000 times hotter. ;)

At that point, I switched to Dyna-Cab mode, and the result was the same. In either case, behavior returned to normal when I reduced Level and Master Volume to reasonable levels.

Curiously, though, the output CLIP LEDs never lit, even though the meters showed clipping in most of the signal chain.

@rglr?
I am looking into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom