FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s interesting I was playing yesterday with 7 beta 3, changed guitar and suddenly everything sounded muffled, I tried several different guitars and numerous patches both factory and my own everything sounded muffled. I reset the system settings reinstalled the beta firmware, and restored a backup of the settings from the day before, and it was then all fine and has been since.
I didn’t touch the IR’s, factory or user, so I think it could possibly be a bug.
I am also experiencing a muffled sound from my legacy preset.

Loaded Beta 3 and if I switch from Legacy to DynaCab it goes from silent to full volume feedback like sound out of my CLR - it may be dead now.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions on how to prevent it?

See post #246 in this thread. Fractal are aware of this. I could not reproduce the issue, but if you can, please upload the preset in which it happened.

See post #246 in this thread. Fractal are aware of this. I could not reproduce the issue, but if you can, please upload the preset in which it happened.
Yes, please upload a preset. I have not been able to reproduce this yet.

I have dangerous bug!
It appears when Amp block level...

Please be careful trying repeat it (turn your physical level nubs to zero!!!)
Turn volume higher, and switch cad block from Legacy to Dyna-cab mode...
Even if your volume 1,2 turned completely off sound appears, and it's so loud that can damage ears and FRFR system...
I hope i could explain this bug clear enough

master volume and level spinner to maximum...

it stops bugging if i change dyna-cab options, for example change a model of cab from 1x8 to any 4x12

I'll try to recreate it, but I've had my unit freeze up on me while making a patch with the 6160 Block Lead. I was twisting depth and then boom, no sound. Input stayed lit up, only tone I could hear was acoustic ish sounding, like amp disabled, and both FM3 and FM-Edit were frozen. Had to reboot.

So, I have installed the latest version of FM3 Edit and Fractal Bot. Loaded the Beta version onto my FM3 using Fractal Bot. Rebooted, etc etc, Refreshed. Was prompted that DynaCabs were not installed, clicked Exit as instructed. Then tried to install DynaCabs using Fractal Bot. Select my FM3, etc etc. Click on the DynaCab syx file and when I click Begin, nothing happens...

What in the world am I doing wrong?? This is on a Mac running El Capitan. Never had any issues before...Has to be something stupid I am not doing correctly lol Please be gentle...

Nevermind. I'm an IDIOT! I didn't extract the new Fractal Bot, just dragged the downloaded file to applications. Dumb dumb

I have dangerous bug!
It appears when Amp block level...

Please be careful trying repeat it (turn your physical level nubs to zero!!!)
Turn volume higher, and switch cad block from Legacy to Dyna-cab mode...
Even if your volume 1,2 turned completely off sound appears, and it's so loud that can damage ears and FRFR system...
I hope i could explain this bug clear enough
Similar behavior has been reported by several others in this thread...

I updated to Beta 3, and everything has gone smooth and easy, Dyna Cabs are very easy to work with, but even when using my go-to YA cabs, everything sounded kinda... Muffled. I tried using a bit more treble and high mids, on the whole tweaking my eq, and I thought I was imagining things, but after taking a deep breath and rolling back to what I've been using for the last year or so (Beta 6.0) my sound returned, no muffling or mud. This change of sound may very well have been brought by a later firmware than Beta 6.0, but is anyone familiar with the issue? I use Thump of about 3-4 and no speaker drive, so those aren't the culprits either. Beta 7.3 doesn't sound bad in comparison, it's just not nearly as clear or defined as I'm used to with Beta 6.0
Definitely know what you mean here. I ran the new firmware last night with no issues other than the tone wasn't as clear as 6.0 . Almost felt like the strings had a softness to them and i use 11/48 in Eb tuning.
I'm back on 6.0 for tonight's show.

master volume and level spinner to maximum...

it stops bugging if i change dyna-cab options, for example change a model of cab from 1x8 to any 4x12
I tried your preset again. I dimed Master Volume and Amp Level. The result was, of course, extremely loud. Between the Master Volume and the Amp Level, you're adding about 40 dB to the signal. That's the difference between 1 watt and 10,000 watts! Everything from the Amp block to the output was clipping. And yes, there was enough level to come through even when the volume knob was all the way down. Not surprising, when your signal is 10,000 times hotter. ;)

At that point, I switched to Dyna-Cab mode, and the result was the same. In either case, behavior returned to normal when I reduced Level and Master Volume to reasonable levels.

Curiously, though, the output CLIP LEDs never lit, even though the meters showed clipping in most of the signal chain.

@rglr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom