FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I fully backed up my FM3 before I updated firmware to the beta.
After I got the beta I ended up finding and uploading some awesome presets and IRs from the Gift of Tone series (so badass! Thanks @FractalAudio) and I created a couple new ones to experiment with DynaCabs with some of my favorite amps on here.
If for some reason I want to go and use the backup I made to revert back to current non beta firmware will that get rid of the new presets that I now have and any changes I've made to anything since the backup or will it work around all my new presets and changes I've made (except for the DynaCabs I'm know it'll have to remove those for now if I do revert back) to revert the firmware without that happening?
Do I need to make a new backup of the new presets I have now to reinstall after reverting to non beta firmware or is that unnecessary? I realize that some of my questions here might be just asking the same thing worded a different way sorry about that.
Presets created on newer firmware than you're using will appear as empty... Although the presets are actually still there.

If you have a lot of time into the new presets I would back them up separately. I haven’t gotten to what will happen if the new presets use Dyna Cabs running on old Firmware. Basically, it’s always best to backup when making major changes just to be safe.
Aye, better safe than sorry. Thanks.

The firmware update went perfectly. I was able to put together a dynacab block that sounds fantastic in just a few minutes. Despite the smaller variety of physical cabinets captured compared to legacy, I think the dynacabs will allow for a greater number of usable tones to be produced if not for anything but the amount of time saved choosing them. Normally, I’m cool with some UI complexity at the expense of time savings, but dynacabs are so much faster from a workflow perspective that it kind of makes legacy cabs seem like tonal lottery in contrast.

-Aaron

beta almost blew my speakers, as soon as I switched from legacy to dyna, it made my speakers freak out with really loud noise (no audible guitar tone). After that happened it was normal as soon as I switched back to legacy. Then, I was building a preset with a legacy cab, then it started to clip for no reason. Not sure if anyone has experienced this yet, but tread lightly and wear ear protection!
Please upload the preset which caused this. I'll take a look.

I updated to Beta 3, and everything has gone smooth and easy, Dyna Cabs are very easy to work with, but even when using my go-to YA cabs, everything sounded kinda... Muffled. I tried using a bit more treble and high mids, on the whole tweaking my eq, and I thought I was imagining things, but after taking a deep breath and rolling back to what I've been using for the last year or so (Beta 6.0) my sound returned, no muffling or mud. This change of sound may very well have been brought by a later firmware than Beta 6.0, but is anyone familiar with the issue? I use Thump of about 3-4 and no speaker drive, so those aren't the culprits either. Beta 7.3 doesn't sound bad in comparison, it's just not nearly as clear or defined as I'm used to with Beta 6.0

I updated to Beta 3, and everything has gone smooth and easy, Dyna Cabs are very easy to work with, but even when using my go-to YA cabs, everything sounded kinda... Muffled. I tried using a bit more treble and high mids, on the whole tweaking my eq, and I thought I was imagining things, but after taking a deep breath and rolling back to what I've been using for the last year or so (Beta 6.0) my sound returned, no muffling or mud. This change of sound may very well have been brought by a later firmware than Beta 6.0, but is anyone familiar with the issue? I use Thump of about 3-4 and no speaker drive, so those aren't the culprits either. Beta 7.3 doesn't sound bad in comparison, it's just not nearly as clear or defined as I'm used to with Beta 6.0
Give this a watch. There’s some bits in the beginning that are slow, but once it gets down to the meat and potatoes there’s some good stuff. Try not to skip anything. There’s little pearls throughout. Most of all you should be able to achieve the opposite of a muffled sound with the Dyna cabs.
https://www.youtube.com/live/TvKUPVMqcjo?feature=share

Give this a watch. There’s some bits in the beginning that are slow, but once it gets down to the meat and potatoes there’s some good stuff. Try not to skip anything. There’s little pearls throughout. Most of all you should be able to achieve the opposite of a muffled sound with the Dyna cabs.
https://www.youtube.com/live/TvKUPVMqcjo?feature=share
Thanks, I'll take a look - although I have a hunch that the change of sound is in the firmware, since the muffled sound is there with the same (legacy cab - York Audio) cab I'm usually using. :neutral:

Thanks, I'll take a look - although I have a hunch that the change of sound is in the firmware, since the muffled sound is there with the same (legacy cab - York Audio) cab I'm usually using. :neutral:
I could be wrong but I don’t think there was any change to Amp models it just added the REVVs
And Dyna cab

You may very well be right - perhaps that change was added somewhere between Beta 6.0 and the current 6.02?
Check the 'High Mid' parameter in the Drive blocks. It was a newly added parameter somewhere along the way that, in my case, loaded up at '0.00', instead of '5.00'.

I had to use the, also newly added, 'Batch Setter' function to change every channel of every instance of the Drive blocks in every preset

Last edited:
Hmmm... I only use the Klon Chiron, and it has a High Mid parameter on Beta 6.0, defaulted at 5. Maybe it's set a default at 0.00 on Beta 7.03? Can anyone confirm?

funnily enough after I had installed dyna cabs - when I tried one of my previous Ir's it sounded muffled as well. What I will do is delete the IR and install again - I believe user IR's can become corrupt but re loading them sorts it out.

funnily enough after I had installed dyna cabs - when I tried one of my previous Ir's it sounded muffled as well. What I will do is delete the IR and install again - I believe user IR's can become corrupt but re loading them sorts it out.
That’s interesting I was playing yesterday with 7 beta 3, changed guitar and suddenly everything sounded muffled, I tried several different guitars and numerous patches both factory and my own everything sounded muffled. I reset the system settings reinstalled the beta firmware, and restored a backup of the settings from the day before, and it was then all fine and has been since.
I didn’t touch the IR’s, factory or user, so I think it could possibly be a bug.

Yeah, I missed you were using an older than the latest official Firmware going to the new beta. I think @Moke may have hit the issue. Also, the video I linked was about getting good sound with the Dyna Cabs. Still worth watching, but for different reasons.

Loaded Beta 3 and if I switch from Legacy to DynaCab it goes from silent to full volume feedback like sound out of my CLR - it may be dead now.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions on how to prevent it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom