FM3 Firmware Version 7.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiously, though, the output CLIP LEDs never lit, even though the meters showed clipping in most of the signal chain.
The clip LED only lights up when the DA converter clips, iow only if you've turned way up the out level knob on the front panel.

Basically you could clip the DA converter without clipping the digital signal, or vice-versa.

Reactions: Rex
The clip LED only lights up when the DA converter clips, iow only if you've turned way up the out level knob on the front panel.

Basically you could clip the DA converter without clipping the digital signal, or vice-versa.
You may have a point there. I keep forgetting it's not like earlier generations of Fractal gear, when the output knob was an analog affair that was fed by the D/A converter.

Possible bug if anyone wants to check it, steps via latest FM3 Edit...

a) Create preset with two user Legacy IR's and save.
b) Change to Dyna-Cab and create a Dyna Cab with two Cabs/Mics and save.
c) Add new IR's which deletes one of the IR's from step "a" (Slot 2 in my case).
d) Switch from Dyna Cab to Legacy, FM3 hangs (likely looking for the deleted IR).

I haven't spent time confirming this, but I've seen it twice, so if anyone wants to try and confirm it good luck.

I tried your preset again. I dimed Master Volume and Amp Level. The result was, of course, extremely loud. Between the Master Volume and the Amp Level, you're adding about 40 dB to the signal. That's the difference between 1 watt and 10,000 watts! Everything from the Amp block to the output was clipping. And yes, there was enough level to come through even when the volume knob was all the way down. Not surprising, when your signal is 10,000 times hotter. ;)

At that point, I switched to Dyna-Cab mode, and the result was the same. In either case, behavior returned to normal when I reduced Level and Master Volume to reasonable levels.

Curiously, though, the output CLIP LEDs never lit, even though the meters showed clipping in most of the signal chain.

@rglr?
it's not necessery to try reproduce bug on such a high volume levels
but i didn't want to search the level, when it starts bugging...
main idea was to show you, that it goes out of control
and if you change any option of dyna-cab, amplification level becomes normal, even master volume turned to maximum.

I'm guessing there's little/no chance we'll be getting an option for longer than 1024 sample cab models in the FM3? To get a little air and room tone I typically prefer to mix in a further back mic in a long sample IR instead of adding reverb...

Loading up Austin Buddy’s Live gold FAS 6160 preset caused the unit to freeze as soon as I tried to change scene. This also happened when I rebooted it and that preset was selected on startup.

I was able to get out of it by using the rotary knob to change preset as the first thing I did when rebooting a second time.

I don’t know if other live gold presets have the same issue.

I am also experiencing a muffled sound from my legacy preset.
I just updated to the latest version. Everything was working fine before this. Immediately, my presets work fine, until I change something, then everything sounds muffled, and changes to any setting in the preset make no difference, it all sounds the same until I revert it back to default. Tried it with a preset with a harmony block looped in, the moment you touch something in the preset the effect disappears and it's just a muffled version of whatever amp it is with no life in the controls.

Definitely know what you mean here. I ran the new firmware last night with no issues other than the tone wasn't as clear as 6.0 . Almost felt like the strings had a softness to them and i use 11/48 in Eb tuning.
I'm back on 6.0 for tonight's show.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. "Softness" is a good word for it. I lack the punch, definition and tightness that 6.0 has in spades.

The only thing I don't like is that this version of Firmware Version 7.0 makes my fm3 equipment take a long time to load, more or less 35sec.
I would like to know if it is possible to deactivate the Dynacabs

I'm glad I'm not the only one. "Softness" is a good word for it. I lack the punch, definition and tightness that 6.0 has in spades.
I used 6.0 last night and it felt much better. I'm going to go back to Ares 3.01 i think it was and use it live next week.
That's the advantage using FAS. There's plenty of different firmwares that fits .

The only thing I don't like is that this version of Firmware Version 7.0 makes my fm3 equipment take a long time to load, more or less 35sec.
I would like to know if it is possible to deactivate the Dynacabs
What do you mean? You can role back to a previous firmware version.

I don't think the Dyna-Cabs affect boot up time.

I think there´s a bug with the 6160 amp block. A couple of users reported freezing when using it.
Yes, I'm having troubling recreating, but the block lead 6160 has frozen twice for me.
edit: freezing while changing depth and 2nd time by changing something else that i can't remember

Last edited:
What do you mean? You can role back to a previous firmware version.

I don't think the Dyna-Cabs affect boot up time.
Ok I'll explain, the loading time in firmware 6 was more or less 15 seconds, now with this firmware 7 it takes 32 seconds to load everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom