FM3 Firmware Version 6.02 beta 1

So it seems after this update I can no longer drag and drop presets to rearrange their order? if I drag a preset to a new location now it is trying to export it, and the system seems to hang. Anyone else see this? I have a gig tonight with a new setlist so I will most likely have to revert everything back to 6.01
"the system"? Which system? The FM3 or Edit? Edit is responsible for drag and drop, the modeler knows nothing about it.

How much CPU is being used by the presets you're trying to move? That can have a major influence on the modeler when having it shuffle presets around. Can you save the presets to other slots using the front panel? If the modeler is hanging then the odds are really good that the preset is overwhelming the CPU. Remember, presets that approach 80% have potential to push the CPU into the red zone and a new firmware version, especially one that's in beta, can use additional CPU to implement new features. Combine the two and the preset that's above 80% can make the system bog down or even stop.

I reverted my FM3 to v6.01, and, running FM3-Edit v.1.05.15, drag and drop correctly worked from:
  • the desktop to the preset box on the main Edit page.
  • the desktop to the preset slot in the Preset Manager.
  • the browser pane in the Preset Manager and then into a preset slot.
  • one preset slot to another in the Preset Manager.
I reloaded v6.02b1 into the FM3 and rebooted, waited for Edit to sync up and all the above actions worked correctly again, so I can't duplicate the problem.

Tell us the answers to the above questions, plus:
  • What version of FM3-Edit are you using? The current version is v.1.05.15. Whether that's what version you are running REINSTALL it, then rerun Settings > Refresh After New Firmware and test again. Was the problem fixed?
  • What OS are you running and what mouse or trackpad? If it takes a separate driver then reinstall it. Did the problem go away?
  • Have you reverted to v6.01? Did the problem go away?
If you can still duplicate the problem then document it in detail and submit it as a bug. As is, you haven't given us or the developers enough information to work from.

Last edited:
Last night got to rehearsal and all my system+gb+fc.syx params were gone, second time they've been wiped by 6.02b1 and/or Editor 15 (first time was after first power cycle post the initial install of 6.02b1.

This second time the FM3 was fine yesterday morning when it was packed up, but kaput at 8:00 that evening with regards to the system+gb+fc.syx params (all else was fine).

Reloaded system+gb+fc.syx params last night later on and left unplugged all night, fine in the morning, but headed back to the safety of 6.01 here for gigs (6.01 successfully reinstalled along with editor 14).

i reverted to previous firmware..dont know why but the same exact preset (which I always use) had somewhere been more compressed..now that I ve been back I noticed that with the new firmware in the mic preamp in the cab block, I had to used more drive to remain in the blue line of the vu meter..

I've had no issues with the latest beta. cpu went up but not that much, simple fix by changing my reverb to economy. everything else works as it should.

Hi 👋🏻

I’ve noticed a lag on some presets while switching scenes.. never had it before.
It happens with different presets and different CPU values..
there is not really more lag between presets, but between scenes..
I use FC12 for switching scenes with OMG15 setting

Hi 👋🏻

I’ve noticed a lag on some presets while switching scenes.. never had it before.
It happens with different presets and different CPU values..
there is not really more lag between presets, but between scenes..
I use FC12 for switching scenes with OMG15 setting
I noticed it too. Lag while switching scenes, even if scenes are identicaly the same. Using FC 6 OMG9

Are you sure it's not because your switch(es) has a Hold function?

Scene switching between identical scenes is seamless.
Switching between identical scenes is a test off course. The main problem is that output sound is interrupted while switching scenes

Switching between identical scenes is a test off course. The main problem is that output sound is interrupted while switching scenes
Yes and put FM3 edit at the same time, switch scenes from the FC and look at scene changing on the FM3.. it’s loooooong to change too.

We know that.. The problem is that before this new beta, it was not like it is now.. so this beta changed something… there is something to fix
When changing channels on amp blocks it has always been that way.

Are you saying you're experiencing this on scene change when that is not happening (amp channel change)?

Nobody has provided enough details in my opinion.

Please post a preset where this happens and the steps to reproduce it.

Yes and put FM3 edit at the same time, switch scenes from the FC and look at scene changing on the FM3.. it’s loooooong to change too.
The speed of communication between FM3 and FM3-Edit seems the same as fw 6.00.
Agree that it's not super-fast, but it doesn't seem slower than before.

Please post a preset where this happens and the steps to reproduce it.
It would help also a recording sample to hear the output gaps you are experiencing when switching scenes.

Nobody has provided enough details in my opinion.
^^^This is definitely an issue with much of the complaints. I have stayed out of much of it because I wasn’t sure what to make of it. I haven’t experienced some of the things, but I have a rather simple setup. Although I’m starting to sympathize with those having issues because it does seem something is to the various odd behaviors. Also, the fact that things have been quiet on the home front is odd. I can only presume there is a legit problem that has been discovered and FAS is busy trying to suss out the problem and to get a firmware revision out asap without getting into the minutia of all the different problems. I could be completely full of crap, too.

Seems like it’s specific to what type of automation people have in their presets and scenes.

Back
Top Bottom