FM3 Firmware Version 6.02 beta 1

When changing channels on amp blocks it has always been that way.

Are you saying you're experiencing this on scene change when that is not happening (amp channel change)?

Nobody has provided enough details in my opinion.

Please post a preset where this happens and the steps to reproduce it.
Man, I can’t be clearer than my first post was.. but I will try.

The same preset, after the upgrade doesn’t react the same as before.. it happens between rythm scene and lead scene.
Same amp (Mesa), same blocs.. just delay (off/on) and a little boost.
It is not « just » a little gap, it cuts the sound, sometimes for a second or just less.

I have my FM3 for more than a year, I know that some people here have theirs for a longer time but I can say if it reacts the same as before the firmware update and, no, it’s not the same.

I can’t upgrade the preset here because it is based on commercial preset.

Great improvements and features! Love the big display. Just happened to try the Virtual Capo and even just dropping a half step leads to a very strange warbly sound and totally unusable, anyone else noticed this issue? I tried all the obvious checks and used headphones to negate the acoustic sound of the strings. Is this a beta issue or a known problem? Not used the VC much before so I can’t say if it was happening before the update.

Great improvements and features! Love the big display. Just happened to try the Virtual Capo and even just dropping a half step leads to a very strange warbly sound and totally unusable, anyone else noticed this issue? I tried all the obvious checks and used headphones to negate the acoustic sound of the strings. Is this a beta issue or a known problem? Not used the VC much before so I can’t say if it was happening before the update.
Is this clean or with distortion/overdrive? In every iteration (haven't updated to this beta yet) I get a sound like you describe on clean - but not really when distorted.

Man, I can’t be clearer than my first post was.. but I will try.

The same preset, after the upgrade doesn’t react the same as before.. it happens between rythm scene and lead scene.
Same amp (Mesa), same blocs.. just delay (off/on) and a little boost.
It is not « just » a little gap, it cuts the sound, sometimes for a second or just less.

I have my FM3 for more than a year, I know that some people here have theirs for a longer time but I can say if it reacts the same as before the firmware update and, no, it’s not the same.

I can’t upgrade the preset here because it is based on commercial preset.
Then first step probably should be to contact the creator... Without a preset we can't troubleshoot.

Also, you say "same amp", but does that mean same channel of the Amp block or the same model in different channels? Those are different and have different behaviors.

Is this clean or with distortion/overdrive? In every iteration (haven't updated to this beta yet) I get a sound like you describe on clean - but not really when distorted.
I initially was getting the sound artefacts with a distorted setting/preset so I created a preset with an in and out with just the pitch block and virtual capo and no amount of tweaking got a clear sound. I like the idea of the VC but at present its not something I’d use. Hopefully FAS will look into it and make it as good as any other block in the FM3.

Then first step probably should be to contact the creator... Without a preset we can't troubleshoot.

Also, you say "same amp", but does that mean same channel of the Amp block or the same model in different channels? Those are different and have different behaviors.
Damn..

As I said : just delay (on/off) and a little boost. Everything else is exactly the SAME... can't be clearer.. (different channels, means.... different..).

Damn..

As I said : just delay (on/off) and a little boost. Everything else is exactly the SAME... can't be clearer.. (different channels, means.... different..).
Obviously, you can be clearer or else I would not be asking for clarification.

"Same amp" is not the same as "same amp block channel". That's an important detail when we're talking about a switching gap.

Remember, that YOU know what you're describing and what you're trying to say. We don't. Of course it makes sense to you.

On the other hand, if it puts you off answering questions to get help then I'm happy to stop asking and also stop offering to help you.

Have you checked with the preset vendor yet?

Or else find/create another preset that demonstrates this problem.

Just FYI, @Moke posted an FM9 bug where some blocks that are not even in the signal path are contributing to an audio gap. Maybe it's related... But without a preset to test, it's hard to provide much more input.

Obviously, you can be clearer or else I would not be asking for clarification.

"Same amp" is not the same as "same amp block channel". That's an important detail when we're talking about a switching gap.

Remember, that YOU know what you're describing and what you're trying to say. We don't. Of course it makes sense to you.

On the other hand, if it puts you off answering questions to get help then I'm happy to stop asking and also stop offering to help you.

Have you checked with the preset vendor yet?

Or else find/create another preset that demonstrates this problem.

Just FYI, @Moke posted an FM9 bug where some blocks that are not even in the signal path are contributing to an audio gap. Maybe it's related... But without a preset to test, it's hard to provide much more input.
Obviously, you're just searching to have the last word by taking settings details that I didn't mentioned...

I was thinking that saying that "everything is the same, blocs, etc.." you'll be able to understand that it was meaning that every détails of every settings on every blocs were exactly the same and that channels were the same too...
I was thinking that when I mentioned that the ONLY differences were delay and boost on/off, you'll be able to understand that the ONLY thing that is different between the two scenes was... delay and boost on and off, that's it...

For me it was perfectly clear and I thought that everyone here, including you, would understand that EVERYTHING was EXACTLY the SAME but delay and boost on and off... my bad.. or maybe my English is not that good but sorry, it's not my mother langage.. I'm just a stupid French ;-)

By the way, no problem for me, it is not that annoying for me and I don't need a solution right now, I just wanted to relate an issue, that others found too, so I doubt it's just my preset but a beta issue.. thanks for your help Unix-guy and for your time and have a good day, or evening.. here it's 5:37 pm... I've worked hard today and I'm a bit tired and I lost someone 3 weeks ago, that might explain that I can be a bit nervous.. sorry

Obviously, you're just searching to have the last word by taking settings details that I didn't mentioned...

I was thinking that saying that "everything is the same, blocs, etc.." you'll be able to understand that it was meaning that every détails of every settings on every blocs were exactly the same and that channels were the same too...
I was thinking that when I mentioned that the ONLY differences were delay and boost on/off, you'll be able to understand that the ONLY thing that is different between the two scenes was... delay and boost on and off, that's it...

For me it was perfectly clear and I thought that everyone here, including you, would understand that EVERYTHING was EXACTLY the SAME but delay and boost on and off... my bad.. or maybe my English is not that good but sorry, it's not my mother langage.. I'm just a stupid French ;-)

By the way, no problem for me, it is not that annoying for me and I don't need a solution right now, I just wanted to relate an issue, that others found too, so I doubt it's just my preset but a beta issue.. thanks for your help Unix-guy and for your time and have a good day, or evening.. here it's 5:37 pm... I've worked hard today and I'm a bit tired and I lost someone 3 weeks ago, that might explain that I can be a bit nervous.. sorry
It's all good. :)

When we're troubleshooting, it's important that we get clear and detailed information so we're not guessing or assuming.

It's good to report the issue and I'm sure it will get sorted out.

Sorry for your loss :(

Thank you. I will take a look at this.
Hello @rglr
First, I write this in the most sincere way and I understand getting into elaborating on problems that maybe not completely understood yet can only cause more confusion. But is it possible to comment on this beta, and if the various complaints that almost seem like anomalies at a primary level valid, and have they been acknowledged and is a revised beta firmware coming soon?

I know this is a lot to ask. I have a simple setup and haven't experienced what others are describing. However, I feel hesitant to do any serious preset building and I am about to go back to the previous official release. Also, I am completely aware that beta testing is “at my own risk” and nothing is owed to me. Thanks for anything you could say.

Hello @rglr
First, I write this in the most sincere way and I understand getting into elaborating on problems that maybe not completely understood yet can only cause more confusion. But is it possible to comment on this beta, and if the various complaints that almost seem like anomalies at a primary level valid, and have they been acknowledged and is a revised beta firmware coming soon?

I know this is a lot to ask. I have a simple setup and haven't experienced what others are describing. However, I feel hesitant to do any serious preset building and I am about to go back to the previous official release. Also, I am completely aware that beta testing is “at my own risk” and nothing is owed to me. Thanks for anything you could say.
Everything is being triaged and worked on but I will review the thread and reply to the issues specifically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom