FM3 Firmware Version 6.02 beta 1

It is expected to see slight increases in CPU from release to release. It's the nature of the beast. New features require more CPU. However, if you are seeing more than a slight increase attach your preset here and I will investigate.
Is it not possible to have a normal preamp mic quality like reverb? Thanks

For those who are wondering. YES! It does have the large font mode.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks for the tweaks to the Tuner; it is now much smoother (was a bit jumpy before) and behaves similarly to the FM9. Much easier to use overall.
+1.

Haven’t gotten too far into all the other details but we all appreciate the constant improvements to our cherished fractal products. Thank you

Might have already been noted by someone- but FM3 Edit is freezing or losing connection on me with 6.02 beta 1.

Happens randomly. Also will kind of partially work where some parameters on FM3 Edit will not work like OUTPUT EQ in Amp block.

Everything still can be adjusted via the hardware unit and the FC-6 connected.

Might have already been noted by someone- but FM3 Edit is freezing or losing connection on me with 6.02 beta 1.

Happens randomly. Also will kind of partially work where some parameters on FM3 Edit will not work like OUTPUT EQ in Amp block.

Everything still can be adjusted via the hardware unit and the FC-6 connected.

I have run into this as well. Disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable reconnects it. I can't recall if it just started happening after updating to this beta.

@rglr - Is this probably a firmware issue, driver issue, or an fm3 edit issue? I can provide hardware / software version specifics if needed when I get home this evening.

I am using the most recent software version of FM3 Edit and the Sept 8, 2022 Windows USB drivers bundle.

I am going to reinstall everything and see what happens.

Was not having any issues before the beta Firmware.

Last edited:
I am using the most recent software version of FM3 Edit and the Sept 8, 2022 Windows USB drivers bundle.

I am going to reinstall everything and see what happens.

Was not having any issues before the beta Firmware.

Be sure to perform the "Refresh after new firmware" in FM3-Edit and let me know how things go.

Be sure to perform the "Refresh after new firmware" in FM3-Edit and let me know how things go.
Yep, Still losing connection with FM3 Edit.
I can do all functions on the unit itself and FC-6.

Nothing registers on the FM3 Edit once it loses connection.

If I close FM3 Edit and reopen it then it works again for awhile.

Last edited:
Same problem here but it started awhile ago after I upgraded to Windows 11. Only solution was running FM3 as administrator as some others have mentioned

Reloaded the previous FW. Still having issues with FM3 Edit.
Will try the previous version of FM3 Edit.

Same problem here but it started awhile ago after I upgraded to Windows 11. Only solution was running FM3 as administrator as some others have mentioned
Interesting. Win 10 here. Axe FX 3 - Axe Edit 3 works flawless.

Last edited:
OK, I went back to previous FM3 Edit and previous non beta software. Reinstalled Windows USB drivers bundle.

Still losing connection, then reconnected. Might be better. Will see.

I think the USB/Comm Port protocol used with the FM3 needs work.

I have only had the unit a couple weeks. Great hardware unit.
Software not so much.

Last edited:
OK, I went back to previous FM3 Edit and previous non beta software. Reinstalled Windows USB drivers bundle.

Still losing connection.

I think the USB/Comm Port protocol used with the FM3 needs work.

I have only had the unit a couple weeks. Great hardware unit.
Software not so much.
Mine did the same thing last year after first purchasing. I ended up removing FM3 Edit off my computer and reloading from FAS site. You will need to remove completely from program files. Mine has been fine since then.

Mine did the same thing last year after first purchasing. I ended up removing FM3 Edit off my computer and reloading from FAS site. You will need to remove completely from program files. Mine has been fine since then.
Thanks. Will keep troubleshooting.

Thanks. Will keep troubleshooting.
One more issue I had. When I am charging my laptop, (the power input is next to my USB) it gets hot and my FM3 will not connect. I never have a problem when my computer has a full charge. No heat.

OK, I have tried every suggestion noted above including running as Administrator.
No luck on any FW or version of FM3 Edit.
It does not seem to be a beta software thing- it is just a thing at least for me.

After a few minutes it loses communication with FM3
.:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom