FM3 Firmware Version 6.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday my FM3 (FW 6.01) froze while editing a preset on the device. I was switching from "Tools" to "Edit" tab.
View attachment 116154
Same here.

Had the unit froze will making some simple edits on the unit it self.

Also had a freeze with FM3 and FM3-Edit connected.
I was setting a pitch follower to the Comp Block, everything was working fine until I switch to "Fast" on the modifier. Happened each time I tried.

I tried out the Modern I today. Through my rig, it sounded very much like the Atomica High, little tighter on the bass frequencies. Also a little more compressed, as you said. I'm going to try some different gain settings and see where it goes, but for me, it might be a little too compressed for the music I do. It's nice, definitely something I would use in a modern metal act. Good find and thanks for the recommendation.
If you are looking for stuff kind of in the ballpark of an HBE the JVM orange OD 2
I discovered recently is pretty damn good too

If you are looking for stuff kind of in the ballpark of an HBE the JVM orange OD 2
Seems lot of people are discovering the jvm... I use only the jvm410hjs which i also own and i confirm that the orange lead is the best high gain channel by far for me.

JVM OD2 Orange all day every day for mod'ed Marshall tones! MUCH more articulate and percussive than a BE/HBE. The only down-side is the noise, but with tones that amazing, I'll happily deal with the noise with the awesome new gates :D

Seems lot of people are discovering the jvm
It sure was an epiphany I had a few months ago. I couldn't believe that a modern Marshall could sound that nice. Guess one shouldn't really judge a book by its online reviews, huh?

Hey man-weird how it seems like you’re everywhere but then gotta go searching when I got a question.
What was the track and album name of that song of yours with the long instrumental intro?
I swear I can never find it when I intentionally go looking for it.
Have not listened to your stuff since last summer and now I just got the urge to get my Too Much Fiction fix while making a playlist for doing some snow removal tonight even though to me they feel like warm weather songs that were recorded in a mild climate.☀️

Anyone interested should check this guys music out- the link to it is under his photo or whatever.
The website works well and his songs are mostly easy on the ears guitar oriented 90’s soft rock that are all original, enjoyable/fun and have that addictive something or other going on that definitely grows on you.
Thx UG.

Last edited:
Hey man-weird how it seems like you’re everywhere but then gotta go searching when I got a question.
What was the track and album name of that song of yours with the long instrumental intro?
I swear I can never find it when I intentionally go looking for it.
Have not listened to your stuff since last summer and now I just got the urge to get my Too Much Fiction fix while making a playlist for doing some snow removal tonight even though to me they feel like warm weather songs that were recorded in a mild climate.☀️

Anyone interested should check this guys music out- the link to it is under his photo or whatever.
The website works well and his songs are mostly easy on the ears guitar oriented 90’s soft rock that are all original, enjoyable/fun and have that addictive something or other going on that definitely grows on you.
Thx UG.
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words :)

You're probably thinking of the song Change?

I was inspired by the album version of the Death Cab for Cutie song I Will Possess Your Heart, which has a slow build for almost 5 minutes before the proper song starts.

Wow, I tried the JVM orange OD2. Now that's a thick high gain tone alright. It's almost making me switch from using the Atomica High as my main amp model. The JVM is almost too thick. I never thought I'd say that.

Wow, I tried the JVM orange OD2. Now that's a thick high gain tone alright. It's almost making me switch from using the Atomica High as my main amp model. The JVM is almost too thick. I never thought I'd say that.
Ya the OD2 has a slightly lower mid
The OD1 orange is a bit more open and not as thick so you could try that for Rythm and OD2 for leads

Tried that today. The JVMs were great amp models but I'm going to stick with the Atomica High. It's a little tighter feeling for me and a little less noisy too. Mostly a feel thing. But hey, not saying anything bad about the JVMs. They're great and if the Fractal only did those amps I would still be thrilled.

Tried that today. The JVMs were great amp models but I'm going to stick with the Atomica High. It's a little tighter feeling for me and a little less noisy too. Mostly a feel thing. But hey, not saying anything bad about the JVMs. They're great and if the Fractal only did those amps I would still be thrilled.
That’s the cool thing about the Fractal there are literally so many choices that I would find it odd if someone could not find a amp model they bonded with
I most of the time use the Triple Crown or a hybrid Model of an HK
Triamp that I basically created by taking a Soldano and changing the tonestack to JCM800 and tweaking a bit

I switched over to the JVM Orange OD1 and OD2 after trying them out from reading this thread. I had never really considered the JVM models, but they sound exceptional. Thanks for the recommendation.

EDIT: My main go-to amps were the 5153 and the Atomica Hi.

I use a mesa lone star clean channel, with my wampler distortion pedals and my visual sound Jekyll & hyde when I want an overdrive. To my ears the analog pedals sounds a bit better than digital pedals (in the distortion section). They're more open and less compressed.
Overall Fractal always give us an amazing sound.

Is it possible some how to try a previous firmware with ares modeling and keep my existing presets? If it is, where can i download it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom