FM3 Firmware Version 6.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 9 years of using FAS products this is my first preset sharing.
Cab is the Madoak Rumble EV12L "MIX"
Free at FAS!
That's cool, but maybe your should post in the Preset area. Thanks though, it's gutsy to put it out there.

You can also omit the drive block completely if you find an Input Boost you like under the Preamp tab of the Amp block and bind a Control Switch to the Switch. You have to get creative to work within the constraints of it’s CPU sometimes.
My most recent solution is to use a Line 6 HX Effects unit as a 'group' of stompboxes on the front end as well as using its midi capability to switch presets on the FM3. I like having an outboard graphic EQ, Compressor, Boost pedal etc for live situations and this helps me a lot as well as offloads some processing power to another unit.

My most recent solution is to use a Line 6 HX Effects unit as a 'group' of stompboxes on the front end as well as using its midi capability to switch presets on the FM3. I like having an outboard graphic EQ, Compressor, Boost pedal etc for live situations and this helps me a lot as well as offloads some processing power to another unit.
Yeah, I used a Source Audio Collider so save myself on reverb on I/O 2. I would have used the Ventris but I already owned the Collider from my physical pedalboard.

okey..a bit late to the party, but just installed 6.01 - and after; the output1 knob on the unit does nothing... I got sound but no adjusting using the knob. Anyone got an idea? ( I tried reset of the system parameters)

okey..a bit late to the party, but just installed 6.01 - and after; the output1 knob on the unit does nothing... I got sound but no adjusting using the knob. Anyone got an idea? ( I tried reset of the system parameters)
No issues here. Did you change anything else? Maybe reinstall before going any further troubleshooting; sometimes that fixes issues.

Are you connecting with Output 1?

Are you maybe using SPDIF?

last item….
  • SPDIF output level will no longer be dependent on the volume knob.
Ah.. missed that one😝 So.. any way of mapping spdif out to that knob again? Or another knob? Would prefer that over going into the out block on every preset, or in the soundcard software

I've went back to Areas 3.01 with excellent quality for Friedman BE. Updated back to Cygnus 6.01 and it sounded mushy in the low end and i felt like i had to pick a tad harder.
This is a Friedman specific thing only. Ares Friedman amps are wildly different sounding than Cygnus ones. I preferred the Ares ones as well personally and spent a good 6 months trying to get that perfect low end tightness of Ares HBE in Cygnus HBE and BE but to no avail. Some other users posted about this, too, when Cygnus first rolled out. Most of us have moved on to other amps to get that tone. Sigh It’s one of those things you accept and move onto other stuff that gets you where you want to go.
but I do not like Cygnus for metal.
I’m guessing you’re using a Friedman BE/HBE as well?

This is a Friedman specific thing only. Ares Friedman amps are wildly different sounding than Cygnus ones. I preferred the Ares ones as well personally and spent a good 6 months trying to get that perfect low end tightness of Ares HBE in Cygnus HBE and BE but to no avail. Some other users posted about this, too, when Cygnus first rolled out. Most of us have moved on to other amps to get that tone. Sigh It’s one of those things you accept and move onto other stuff that gets you where you want to go.

I’m guessing you’re using a Friedman BE/HBE as well?
I feel the same way. I found the Atomica Hi to be my choice now. Amp master set at 7.30 and roll back master bias excursion.

Do give Modern I a shot as well. It’s a bit more compressed than the HBE and Atomica but hits all the best spots that the HBE did. I found the Atomica had a nasally frequency that I just could not dial out without increasing the gain to a level that was too much for my guitar. The Modern I has too much gain on tap, too but if you turn it down to 1.5-2 (Bright Switch on, Treble at 6-7, B and M at noon, MV at 3-4, and Pres and Depth each at 3), it does the chugga chugga like none other!

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try. There're so many amps to choose from that I kind'a stopped looking after I found the Atomica High.

I'm always a 'late adopter' when it comes to such things as this... BUT I've been getting the sense this 6.01 version is pretty solid, and might be good to go even for late adopters. I know going to the FW6 is going to be a bit of a pain, but that it will be well worth it with so many great new features (thanks Fractal; great company!)... I was originally planning to wait until 6.1 comes out, but it feels like it might still be a-ways off. Question to those who updated, are we good to go or should I hold off a bit longer and wait for 6.1? Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback you might have.

Last edited:
I'm always a 'late adopter' when it comes to such things as this... BUT I've been getting the sense this 6.01 version is pretty solid, and might be good to go even for late adopters. I know going to the FW6 is going to be a bit of a pain, but that it will be well worth it with so many great new features (thanks Fractal; great company!)... I was originally planning to wait until 6.1 comes out, but it feels like it might still be a-ways off. Question to those who updated, are we good to go or should I hold off a bit longer and wait for 6.1? Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback you might have.
It’s solid

Do give Modern I a shot as well. It’s a bit more compressed than the HBE and Atomica but hits all the best spots that the HBE did. I found the Atomica had a nasally frequency that I just could not dial out without increasing the gain to a level that was too much for my guitar. The Modern I has too much gain on tap, too but if you turn it down to 1.5-2 (Bright Switch on, Treble at 6-7, B and M at noon, MV at 3-4, and Pres and Depth each at 3), it does the chugga chugga like none other!
I tried out the Modern I today. Through my rig, it sounded very much like the Atomica High, little tighter on the bass frequencies. Also a little more compressed, as you said. I'm going to try some different gain settings and see where it goes, but for me, it might be a little too compressed for the music I do. It's nice, definitely something I would use in a modern metal act. Good find and thanks for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom