FM3 Firmware Version 6.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. What % or number should that be moved to?
It’s not a fixed # just turn it down and see if it helps
It will remove some of what Cygnus brings which is a higher bias
Most modern metal amps like the 5150 tend to bias on the cold side

to a) protect tube life
B) tighten up the lows and make the response stiffer
Try that master bias parameter that is why Cliff put it there according to his notes

I've noticed it myself going live.
Areas 3.02 was the most inspiring update but there were volume issues at the output 2.
I've went back to Areas 3.01 with excellent quality for Friedman BE. Updated back to Cygnus 6.01 and it sounded mushy in the low end and i felt like i had to pick a tad harder. I've used every update on loud and live stages. Sometimes i have done an update between sets. Haha
Yeah, but not only that. It is like there is not enough gain to go beyond a hard rock tone.

Yeah, but not only that. It is like there is not enough gain to go beyond a hard rock tone.
Have You have turned on the input boost
Or thrown a drive block in front
Like the new Freidman Buxom
You can get the gain pretty hi
Also turn up the input trim so it is a bit hotter

I finally updated to the new firmware, the scene/preset changes are indeed faster. Good stuff!
Something I noticed, even before 6.0 was if you just tap the footswitch wrather than pushing all the way down, both scenes and presets change faster. Maybe it’s my imagination?

It’s not a fixed # just turn it down and see if it helps
It will remove some of what Cygnus brings which is a higher bias
Most modern metal amps like the 5150 tend to bias on the cold side

to a) protect tube life
B) tighten up the lows and make the response stiffer
Try that master bias parameter that is why Cliff put it there according to his notes
I like it much better now, master bias excursion at "0" . I'll run it this weekend and see how it feels. Thanks
I use Atomica hi and Friedman BE amps.

I finally updated to the new firmware, the scene/preset changes are indeed faster. Good stuff!
Hmm, my scene/preset changes are much slower and seem buggy now.

Edit: seems this is only the case on my main preset. I guess I'll rebuild and see if that makes a difference

Google translated what I wrote in Hungarian into English. Totally inaccurate.
I just wanted to write that I love FM3 (I hope google translates well this time.)

It's so silly to ask for help when I can't speak English. So thank you for your patience!

Did you figure out your volume spike? No shame in not speaking English, I can’t speak Hungarian, so we’re in the same boat.

Input boost, saturation drive, all possible knobs with "gain" in name :) It certaily has unplayable amount of gain with certain settings.
I like to have a pitch follower in the drive block's gain. Then the low-end is clearer and high notes have max gain/sustain. Same with the feedback, less in the low-end more in the high-end.

I like it much better now, master bias excursion at "0" . I'll run it this weekend and see how it feels. Thanks
I use Atomica hi and Friedman BE amps.
Where is the master bias excursion located? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

For those wondering what a FM3 with 6.01 can do CPU-wise, this kitchen sink preset utilizing eight Scenes does the following...

Again, the extra path is an acoustic path via an acoustic IR, and the FX Loop contains a Marshall JCM800 tube preamp (in this preset, other tube preamps in other presets etc), with the Amp Block in this case providing an excellent Marshall JMP-1 Active EQ and Tube Power Amp sim (this preset is actually creating a truly all-tube Marshall JMP-1, which doesn't exist in the real world).

This preset mostly runs at roughly 73% CPU, and tops out at roughly 78% CPU depending on the Pitch Block's algorithm in use, and is certainly quick and reliable changing Scenes to tempo while being automated via 5 Pin DIN MIDI from Ableton LIVE (Scenes, Channels, Tempo, and Volume are all automated).

Quite a powerful little Axe!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom