FM3 Firmware Version 6.00

So far, so good!

Had to ditch my beloved Brit Silver because it really changed with 6.0 .. I was not able to redial in my 5.02 tone (I compared pre-recorded DI/Reamp tracks). But on the bright side: The SLO is now capable of what I need. Had to tweak it but now, it's actually quite similar compared to before. Weird, but whatever. CPU usage dropped between 6-10% across my presets - that's damn fantastic!

In FM3 Edit do the following steps:
1- Set the parameter you want to change to the desired value
2- Click that parameter (knob or switch) with the right mouse button, holding down the Shift key
3- You will get this menu
View attachment 112414
4- Select "Set in multiple presets" and choos if you want to change all channels or only one.
5- The preset browser is shown. Just choose the presets you want to apply the changes
OMG, this is AMAZING, thank you!

So far, so good!

Had to ditch my beloved Brit Silver because it really changed with 6.0 .. I was not able to redial in my 5.02 tone (I compared pre-recorded DI/Reamp tracks). But on the bright side: The SLO is now capable of what I need. Had to tweak it but now, it's actually quite similar compared to before. Weird, but whatever. CPU usage dropped between 6-10% across my presets - that's damn fantastic!
I thought they ruined my favorite amp model too, and what actually happened is it reset the Low cut in the Preamp tab. I put it back where I previously had it, and it’s great again. This was on Axe Fx III, but I’m pretty sure it still applies because of the implementation of Cygnus X-2.

I thought they ruined my favorite amp model too, and what actually happened is it reset the Low cut in the Preamp tab. I put it back where I previously had it, and it’s great again. This was on Axe Fx III, but I’m pretty sure it still applies because of the implementation of Cygnus X-2.

Thanks - I will take a look! In case of the Brit Silver, I think the mid controls are behaving differently compared to before.
I think I need to take another round of tweaking and testing.

In FM3 Edit do the following steps:
1- Set the parameter you want to change to the desired value
2- Click that parameter (knob or switch) with the right mouse button, holding down the Shift key
3- You will get this menu
View attachment 112414
4- Select "Set in multiple presets" and choos if you want to change all channels or only one.
5- The preset browser is shown. Just choose the presets you want to apply the changes
Is there a way to save block in multiple presets?

6.0 sounds fantastic! However, I wanted to chime in because I have the latency bug. Play a note and there is major lag and almost an echo. Rebooting the FM3 solves the problem. This did not happen on any of the betas which I installed most of them. I may try to reinstall the firmware again and see what happens. Thanks for everything FAS team!

New to Fractal, when i complete the upgrade software from 5.02 to the new 6.0 will the patches from exchange made for the 5.02 still work with 6.0? does the older versions of exchange work with the 5.02 software as it is now? I am very pleased with the FM3 5.02 if i don't care for the 6.0 not sure why I wouldn't, will I be able to convert back to 5.02? I would like to also take the time to Thank Everyone for the help they provide.

New to Fractal, when i complete the upgrade software from 5.02 to the new 6.0 will the patches from exchange made for the 5.02 still work with 6.0? does the older versions of exchange work with the 5.02 software as it is now? I am very pleased with the FM3 5.02 if i don't care for the 6.0 not sure why I wouldn't, will I be able to convert back to 5.02? I would like to also take the time to Thank Everyone for the help they provide.
Hello and welcome. All presets are forward compatible, but you can't take a newer preset to an older FW (in general). So yes, any old presets will still work. Just be advised you may need to tweak them (primarily the amp block).

Yes, you can always revert back to any previous FW. I agree that 5.02 is awesome. At this point we are really looking at fairly incremental improvements. I will tell you that one big advantage of the latest FW is reported efficiency improvements. The main con of not updating is that you're basically stuck at that moment in time (not necessarily a bad thing, but just be advised you won't be able to appreciate any new advancements).

Not really sure of what you mean by "older versions of exchange"?

Good luck.

EDIT: Here's a helpful link for you: http://archive.axefx.fr/FM3/Firmwares/

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. All presets are reverse compatible, but you can't take a newer preset to an older FW (in general). So yes, any old presets will still work. Just be advised you may need to tweak them (primarily the amp block).

Yes, you can always revert back to any previous FW. I agree that 5.02 is awesome. At this point we are really looking at fairly incremental improvements. I will tell you that one big advantage of the latest FW is reported efficiency improvements. The main con of not updating is that you're basically stuck at that moment in time (not necessarily a bad thing, but just be advised you won't be able to appreciate any new advancements).

Not really sure of what you mean by "older versions of exchange"?

Good luck.
Thank you for reply, Will upgrade and im sure it will be even more amazing. Can't believe the difference from back in 1977-78 starting with a Peavey Musician 400 and a Deluxe Mistress box. love living in today's technological world. World of difference.

I finally got to the bottom of this issue. It will be fixed in the next release.
@rglr

Noted that you intend to rectify this issue in a later release - thanks for that. In the meantime, is there anything to avoid to ensure there is no sound freeze whilst using the FM3 with FW6.0 - any amp block to avoid, any preset to avoid, or scenes, controllers, etc?

Haven't seen anyone post anything similar...

Are you basing that on the sound changing or the editor visually changing?

Have you tried with the editor shutdown or paused?
Have noticed this also and thought it was just me. Lag between preset changes (sound changes), scenes/channels switch faster.
Axe Edit unplugged also.
Great update - thanks FAS

Haven't seen anyone post anything similar...

Are you basing that on the sound changing or the editor visually changing?

Have you tried with the editor shutdown or paused?
Sorry I have this too since first Beta...timr when switching presets is a bit longer than wit FW 5.

Back
Top Bottom