FM3 Firmware Version 6.00

Yes. Save the setting then left click on the parameter you want to change. Presets page opens . (Right Click) on first preset then (shift + right click) the last preset in the group. All presets should light up blue for saving. Hit the save button and let it do the job.

Thanks for chipping in, you'll be my hero if I can make this work :D I'm not sure what you mean by "save the setting", and also nothing comes up when I left click on the parameter.

Signed up to share my experience with 6.0.
I had 2 issues both of which I've only seen mentioned once.
First a big increase in the gap when switching presets either on the unit or the editor and second ( I think this was mentioned in the last beta thread ) a feeling of more latency when playing fast leads to the point it was kind off tripping me up, can't tell if it's actual latency or some kind of compression on the attack of the notes, the sound overall did feel a bit more compressed to me.
I checked all the stuff mentioned so far like speaker drive settings etc.

Apart from that worked fine but for those reasons I'm back on 5.03
I'd also like to say this is the greatest piece of music gear I've owned or used in almost 40 years, Fractal I thank you.

Then adjust as needed. 6 is the best update I’ve heard yet on the FM3. Sounding better than ever. Which beta? On the early ones not all the amp blocks were done yet.
I agree 100% , a common thing that I am seeing to is I don’t like this firmware with MY presets
A lot has changed and it does sometimes w FAS IMO if you want to enjoy all the perks and great stuff in the firmware updates you have to be willing to spend a bit of time turning a few knobs
I think for a little pain you end up gaining in the long run and will end up very pleased with what your new preset sounds like

sorry, it turned out to be not in the firmware, but in the cable, the cable gives distortion and the signal from this sounds strange

FW 6 installed without a hitch.

I played yesterday with the band. It sounded fantastic... Can't say if it was any more fantastic than FW 5, as it was already that to begin with, but I'm (still) very happy with the sound. I did not have to touch my preset, which is a very customized patch based on 5153 (used at edge of breakup, which apparently I'm the only person to do, but I tell you -- it sounds killer!).

I'm also happy with the 1-2% CPU decrease.

And the Klon really rocks as well...

Thank y'all Fractal.

Z

Hello. Does anyone create presets manually, without a PC? On the new firmware, my device freezes when I try to create an output block.
Can anyone please check this on your device? Thanks a lot

Hello. Does anyone create presets manually, without a PC? On the new firmware, my device freezes when I try to create an output block.
Can anyone please check this on your device? Thanks a lot
Tryed on my unit...no Problem to do that...
Try to reinstall the firmware and backup before...
Reset the unit and try again...

I thought I'd give this firmware another try, deleted the files and downloaded them again, backed everything up and installed ok.
The odd latency thing is gone as is the compressed feeling, it sounds unbelievably good now :) just clearer and more solid.

The only thing that's not changed is preset changes are definitely a bit slower than before, not an issue for how I use it though.

I’ll just echo what everyone else has said and what Fractal already knows, this release sounds fantastic. However, I do notice that changing presets does lag a bit when using the foot switches, certainly not enough to warrant returning to the previous version though.

I’ll just echo what everyone else has said and what Fractal already knows, this release sounds fantastic. However, I do notice that changing presets does lag a bit when using the foot switches, certainly not enough to warrant returning to the previous version though.

There’s always been some preset switching lag. Which is why 1 preset for a song. Scenes switch fairly quick so that’s what a lot of us do.

I've been working with my firmware v6 FM3 for about seven hours today reamping through USB and it froze twice, requiring a hardware power cycle both times. Quite frustrating. It happened just now and I lost work that I was just about to save. :-(

It hasn't happened enough that I can say there was a pattern, though both times it happened during playing while I was modifying parameters.

I've been working with my firmware v6 FM3 for about seven hours today reamping through USB and it froze twice, requiring a hardware power cycle both times. Quite frustrating. It happened just now and I lost work that I was just about to save. :-(

It hasn't happened enough that I can say there was a pattern, though both times it happened during playing while I was modifying parameters.
Aaaand it just happened another two times. It must be a bug related to something I'm doing, It might be related to the undo (CMD + Z) functionality. I'm running Mac OS 12.4 and running the latest FM3-Edit. It happened for sure just now when it hit the undo keyboard shortcut in FM3-Edit

Back
Top Bottom