FM3 Firmware Version 6.00

Between these updates and the gift of tone presets, I am blown away by the Fractal team and their generosity of spirit, which drives this all. The Gift of tone so far has scenes across them (and that's just so far) that have already replaced my go to chug and go to lead sounds. I'm building stupid presets with pieces from the various Gift of Tone sounds on the FM3, which sound better than anything I've come up with by a country mile and yes, I have plenty of CPU. My presets were pretty good and thanks to the community, they're now KILLER.

The 12 days of Christmas indeed came early this year and I am totally the kid in the candy store where the shop keeper told me to keep my twenty five cents and to grab whatever I wanted on him. Gee...I'll take a firmware release, these presets, and uhmmm...thank you sir?

Thank you, Fractal. Much appreciation and respect.

Do you need to save the preset so the new values upon recall are saved?
Do you need to save the preset so the new values upon recall are saved?

Also, when it says « The default value (upon resetting the block) is 2.0 » for the New Speaker Drive algorithm in Amp block, how do you reset the block?
Do we need to reset each amp block for all presets?
I checked the presets after FW6, none of them seem to have this setting set to 2.0 for the speaker drive. Or just leave everything as it is?
Thank you Fractal Team for this !

Is anyone else having a massive gap when changing presets? I Updated to 6.0 yesterday and now that im trying it out I can tell it's almost half a second between preset changes. Anyone else having the same experience? Also, dso you think this will be fixed in the future so the time is less?

This is my first post so sorry if I missed something.

Thank you, FAS guys, for that huge update. Went very smooth on my FM3. And, OMG, does it sound and feel incredibly good. Some amazing magic seemed to have happened especially to my Marshall 1959SL and Soldano 100 presets.

Is anyone else having a massive gap when changing presets? I Updated to 6.0 yesterday and now that im trying it out I can tell it's almost half a second between preset changes. Anyone else having the same experience? Also, dso you think this will be fixed in the future so the time is less?

This is my first post so sorry if I missed something.
Haven't seen anyone post anything similar...

Are you basing that on the sound changing or the editor visually changing?

Have you tried with the editor shutdown or paused?

Nice touch waiting until Dec 8 so that the release of FM3 6.0 would not forever overshadow the USA entering WW II.
The US declared war on Japan on 12/8/1941 after Pearl Harbor, and then after Germany and Italy declared war on the US, the US declared war on Germany and Italy on 12/11/1941.

Back to topic, thanks FAS for the hard work, sounds great!

Woot, all plans on hold for the weekend.... what am i talking about i had no plans. :D Thanks FAS team... yet again.

The US declared war on Japan on 12/8/1941 after Pearl Harbor, and then after Germany and Italy declared war on the US, the US declared war on Germany and Italy on 12/11/1941.

Back to topic, thanks FAS for the hard work, sounds great!
I think you know what he meant despite his phrasing. Dec 7 remains the one date people remember even more than VE or VJ days.

Hi! Thanks fractal team for a new firmware! But i have a problem in hands edits:rolleyes:

Last edited:
@rglr

I can reproduce a freeze with the attached preset.
Switch to scene 2 and the freeze should happen within 3 to 20 seconds producing a continuous pitch.

It seems related to the scene controller attached to the drive modifier of the drive block.

Attachments

• Freeze on scene 2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Updated yesterday, this afternoon sound cut out after a couple of hours on all presets. Power cycle fixed it.

Don't know what caused it. I've been editing dozens of presets before I listened. There was still sound then, but suddenly it was gone. Meters said there was input and usb out but no analog out. Amp page had the headroom meter going but connecting directly to output did nothing.

Back
Top Bottom