FM3 Firmware Version 6.00

This worked for me...
Manually went in and saved the ~ 10 regular presets I use. Can now switch between these 10 back to same speed as FW5. Other presets have the lag but nothing major as don't jump to them.

no clipping showing there, just harsh sounding and it's not related to a single amp or preset, it's on many of them now
How are you monitoring? Perhaps you're overloading a downstream device...

Also, if your guitar has active pickups, check your battery ;)

This worked for me...
Manually went in and saved the ~ 10 regular presets I use. Can now switch between these 10 back to same speed as FW5. Other presets have the lag but nothing major as don't jump to them.
So you noticed a difference after manually saving vs using Bot. Interesting...maybe I can pay off my kids with candy to save all my presets! :p

no clipping showing there, just harsh sounding and it's not related to a single amp or preset, it's on many of them now
I thought it sounded a bit harsher from the beta version. i was going to go back to the beta version to see if i noticed a difference in sound and then go from there. i will try and duplicate a new preset from scratch or reset the amp block first.

Yes, worked for me anyway
Yep, I tried it on a handful of presets. I didn't use a timer, but my estimation is that the lag/gap time is about cut in half if you manually save the preset vs use Bot. Seems like this is something that could be remedied.

How are you monitoring? Perhaps you're overloading a downstream device...

Also, if your guitar has active pickups, check your battery ;)
It is present on headphones, our PA system and also my Line 6 212 Plus FRFR backline cabinet. I do not own any active guitars

Shoot, I hope that didn’t come off as a smart ass. I really didn’t mean it. Just typed it quick and just got done reading the notes and the fact that the “upgrade all presets” were taken out.😄
RTFM (read the "fine" :p manual) is a pretty common acronym seen around here. I think you're fine.

My FM3 froze on preset #2 when trying to "upgrade all presets" in the utility menu. Must be a common issue and the reason they are removing it from the Utility menu page & recommending using fractal-bot to do this function.

Yep, I tried it on a handful of presets. I didn't use a timer, but my estimation is that the lag/gap time is about cut in half if you manually save the preset vs use Bot. Seems like this is something that could be remedied.
I've done it another way.
I've dumped the banks with Fractal-Bot and cleared all presets via FM3-Edit Preset Manager.
Done a reboot of FM3 and restored the Bank with Fractal-Bot.
Definetly faster preset switching now.
May the reboot is not neccessary, but if something not working the way it should or doing major chnages, a reboot is always not the badest idea.

Can someone verify this ?
Could be an easier way instead of manually saving all presets.

and cleared all presets via FM3-Edit Preset Manager.
That’s not necessary as they’ll be overwritten during the restore process, however it’s faster to clear all the presets using the Utility menu:

CE2987AE-2CAE-4D86-B324-0C68F0A65D50.jpeg
And, while it says “This erases every factory preset…” I’m pretty sure it erases every one, not just factory presets.

As the release notes say:

In this case you would download the preset banks from the FM3 using Fractal-Bot in receive mode and then reload them back to the FM3 in send mode. This is a superior process to the "Upgrade all presets" utility and will backup your presets as well.
Basically it’s a regular ol’ backup and restore, with no other steps needed.

Last edited:
Ok - may be so, I've done this because of other users that report no difference after the ol' way and only manual save of presets lead to lower switching-times.
So I've tried to clear the presets and reboot and restore them and it works.

Addionally I clearly recognize now a better performance of Virtual Capo after doing the restore.
It was very laggy at higher notes wit FW 6 and Betas compared to FW 5.
Now it works absoloutely fine again after doing the backup and restore of banks.

Ok - may be so, I've done this because of other users that report no difference after the ol' way and only manual save of presets lead to lower switching-times.
So I've tried to clear the presets and reboot and restore them and it works.

Addionally I clearly recognize now a better performance of Virtual Capo after doing the restore.
It was very laggy at higher notes wit FW 6 and Betas compared to FW 5.
Now it works absoloutely fine again after doing the backup and restore of banks.
I’ll give it a try and let you know. Gonna be a day until I’m able to though.

Back
Top Bottom