FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm quite new to Fractal and am currently using and loving the FM3. I've not updated yet so wondered how long it usually takes for these beta releases to made the official release and available to download from the FA site?

For the amp block the master vol is on 4.00 on the JVM for both firmwares, the patches are all matched.
Is there some sort of global volume that could be jacked up somewhere? Yeah I'm inclined to think that there's a setting somewhere, this would be pretty noticeable I would imagine if it was happening to everyone.

Like I said I have it all hooked up to my interface, on fw6 its like this. When I downgrade to 5.03 it was instantly better, back up to 6.00 and things are sounding hotter, not sure what the culprit is.
I would recommend uploading a couple of presets , there are guys here way smarter than me , and if there is clipping or too hot a signal they will find it’s source for you and share some tips on how to get rid of the unwanted characteristics you are hearing in the clips of V6

I really enjoy the improvements for the Rectos and Marshalls, but I'm struggling with the Herbert3 model. If I remember correctly, in the past I could dial in immense amounts of amp gain and just get an overly saturated tone as expected.

With the current FW I can't go past 5, otherwise the tone becomes quite chocked. I've tried it with 2 guitars and also with deactivated power amp modeling, same result.
Does the Herbert3 sound right to you on really high gain settings >5?
Herbert is One of the amps FAS has not rechecked at time of this Beta
Possibly it will be in the next beta release to match the AX3

I would say some amps may have lost some perceived gain as it sounds like some compression was removed and they are more open sounding now , but you can just turn the gain knob up a bit to compensate

I really enjoy the improvements for the Rectos and Marshalls, but I'm struggling with the Herbert3 model. If I remember correctly, in the past I could dial in immense amounts of amp gain and just get an overly saturated tone as expected.

With the current FW I can't go past 5, otherwise the tone becomes quite chocked. I've tried it with 2 guitars and also with deactivated power amp modeling, same result.
Does the Herbert3 sound right to you on really high gain settings >5?
There's a mistake in that model. I entered a value on the wrong line. It will be fixed in the next release.

Herbert is One of the amps FAS has not rechecked at time of this Beta

"Rechecked"? I keep seeing that some of the amps were not updated for this beta, where are people getting this from? That's not what the release notes state. I think people are mistakenly reading the list of improved amps and the Cynus X-2 parts and combining them when they are 2 separate things. Cynus-2 impacts all amps, and then separately an identified list of amp's accuracy was improved.

There's a mistake in that model. I entered a value on the wrong line. It will be fixed in the next release.

Bingo, and kudos clearing things up on that model.

"Rechecked"? I keep seeing that some of the amps were not updated for this beta, where are people getting this from? That's not what the release notes state. I think people are mistakenly reading the list of improved amps and the Cynus X-2 parts and combining them when they are 2 separate things. Cynus-2 impacts all amps, and then separately an identified list of amp's accuracy was improved.

It’s is in the AX3 beta thread if you follow. That one you will know what is happening
All the models are being rechecked w Cygnus 2 and well there are 300 of them so it takes time

I’m under the impression that amps not on the list aren’t updated for the X2. My main preset is the AC20 and I wasn’t happy with it after the update. Can someone from FAS clear this up?

I’m routinely flabbergasted by how this little box can make me so happy. It’s not just the sound quality, or the updates, or the extreme customer focus. Cliff and team honestly believe they can fully model all of the gnarly physics things that go on when you saturate a tube amp at high volume. And they most certainly are nailing it.

It may be cliche at this point but I really love the feel of this beta. The amount of engineering work here is incredible; it feels like a new unit basically with X2, and then there’s CPU improvements as well.

Thank you, @rglr!

My expression pedal on EXT 1, is no longer working. Was stuff reassigned ?? hope not, its a nightmare to navigate.
thx
Fault found, USER error....carry on :)

Last edited:
I’m under the impression that amps not on the list aren’t updated for the X2. My main preset is the AC20 and I wasn’t happy with it after the update. Can someone from FAS clear this up?
I think the only way to be 100% sure if your
t favourite amp was completed is when the firmware is officially released. , there are a ton of changes over 300+ amps

It’s was mentioned just yesterday that speaker drive was reduced 50% so if you ran it on 2.5 prior 5 is that new value to match things like , that will probably make a difference to some

Hey @rglr are all the amps done as far as the update goes? There seems to be some confusion on this. Maybe just me. Great work man!

I would recommend uploading a couple of presets , there are guys here way smarter than me , and if there is clipping or too hot a signal they will find it’s source for you and share some tips on how to get rid of the unwanted characteristics you are hearing in the clips of V6
I’ve linked a Dropbox link in my message which has the presets and clips, it’s all here.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/j4cn5kf1r1bxcze9racwf/h?dl=0&rlkey=symzig7e56jbe31mum6lv5cc9

Rarely ever post, but i just have to say Thanks. I came from fw5 and i had some presets that i really was loving and i didn't want them to change. But so many improvements i decided to just go ahead and update. Man. It just gets better. Someone mentioned it sounds "fuzzier" Idk if i would call it that, at least on my presets, but it definitely sounds hotter, however i didn't tweak anything in my presets to compensate. Just direct comparison.

Excited to try out the new speaker drive and thump settings, and the updated impendence curve - where for me it is a large part of getting that final fine tuning, i love it and consider it one of the most important tools in the box. Great Job, Love it. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom