FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up on progress. I'm working to resolve an issue with the current code base and Cliff is doing more work on Amp models. The next beta will include those updates. ETA is unknown at this point but "soon" ;)
Thanks for the heads up.👍

Late to the party, but super impressed once again at how great this sounds. I was happy with my 5.03 tones, but this stepped it up another notch, and the new SV20 model is my new go to. Since 5.03, I've spent so little time 'tweaking' or trying to dial in a good tone, and way more time just playing. With this version, even guitars that I thought I didn't gel with are back in the lineup. Thank you very much FAS, you're the best!

Our web site and this forum will an FM3 layouts for the Setlist/Song feature. I'll post a separate thread.
Thank you very much for the feature setlist and songs. It's a pity that they didn't add another small parameter, only the tempo indication is missing. After all, it often happens that a preset is suitable for many songs and differs only in tempo. Do it will be really useful and cool!

Was unaware of any problems with the tuner. Can you elaborate. Personally I think the full page tuner is one of the best.
I don't think it's wrong, per se. I honestly can't imagine the Fractal devs actually getting it wrong with all of the much more complicated math that they get so right. It's probably a personal problem. But, I tune a lot faster with my ST-300 mini than with the Fractal tuner. It seems like it tracks more quickly than the FM3 one. I very easily could be making that up. But, something, keeps me using it even if I arrange things so that the footswitches are basically right next to each other on my board.

I don't think it's wrong, per se. I honestly can't imagine the Fractal devs actually getting it wrong with all of the much more complicated math that they get so right. It's probably a personal problem. But, I tune a lot faster with my ST-300 mini than with the Fractal tuner. It seems like it tracks more quickly than the FM3 one. I very easily could be making that up. But, something, keeps me using it even if I arrange things so that the footswitches are basically right next to each other on my board.
I used to keep my TC pedal timer plugged in because when I first got FM3 the tuner seems to lag a bit….but the lag has dissipated over last few firmwares and even though the string number can be off at times it picks up an open low B on a 5 string bass and I don’t remember it ever doing that….TC pedal is removed now….should add I see no lag now…

Last edited:
Y

Yeah but if i use a 4x12 ir with only the curve of a 1x12 will be only a question of eq?
In the modeling world, likely yes but freq dependent, though this is a question for Cliff and his implementation etc.

The shorter story, yes, to the user likely a EQ differnce is all that would be noticed, so use your ears and use what you like.

Resonance frequency changes over different displacement. This is a direct result since the voice-coil transforms current to mechanical movement, but also retransforms mechanical nonlinear effects back to the electrical side.

Y

Yeah but if i use a 4x12 ir with only the curve of a 1x12 will be only a question of eq?
No, there’s more involved than just EQ. The impedance curve affects things that happen in the power amp, such as which frequencies distort first.

New user here, I've been on fractal since July, and only have hands down to this little monster. I'm a working musician and I play fusion jazz and other styles. I switched from a pedalboard with nine pedals to this and is so amazing in terms of sound quality and sound design. I have to so say that the speaker thump added in the beta 6 make my day, its feel like my guitar have much more presence on stage and in my hands too. Keep on Fractal, thank you!

No, there’s more involved than just EQ. The impedance curve affects things that happen in the power amp, such as which frequencies distort first.
Yes, this is the long story of real tube power sections into various speaker cabs, though with modeling it's open to the programmer's choice of implementation, which I'd assume is very accurate with Fractal, though maybe not so much with others etc?

The most obvious differences to the typical user are related to freq response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom