FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Klon sounds great… does all the things you’d expect it to do. Better than what I remember about the Helix Klon. Very specific sound, but a good one.

Sean Meredith-Jones

I have a Tumnus Deluxe. With the gain all the way down it’s nowhere near as hot as the Klon model. So I guess the real Klon was that way. So I’m using the GEQ on the Klon, put it pre drive and drop 3db on all bands. And it works beautifully.

I put this one on a couple of days ago and my favorite preset that I created doesn't sound good anymore. It is a lot brighter now. However, I really don't need it anymore because all the other amps sound so much better. This was a huge update in many ways.

I think you would love adding the
FC6 the OMG9 is a great setup
The way it’s set up you could have
A presets button or scenes button
With a hold function set to load the set list layout on hold
Check this out if you have not already

Yes, watching Cooper Carter’s video is what embedded the idea of an FC6 into my mental recesses.👍

I put this one on a couple of days ago and my favorite preset that I created doesn't sound good anymore. It is a lot brighter now. However, I really don't need it anymore because all the other amps sound so much better. This was a huge update in many ways.

Is the amp on your fav preset done? If not then come back to it when it is. My main is the AC20 but it’s no good right now, and it’s not on the list. I expect it to be back better than before.

Tested out the Herb3 out. God damn that thing is like a fart now :D Thanks to Cliff for proceeding to check that out, because there's little chance in my mind that model isn't broken atm. That said, VH4 blue sounds and feels so good to me. Not sure how it was before, to be frank, as I would always use the silver models of VH4, but dang. .. got lost playing. Don't know how silver 3 is now.

Last edited:
It would be nice if the Sets/Songs feature added the ability to set the tempo per song. I'm not sure how it is applied if at all if you are using different presets that have different tempos for a single song. However, I definitely don't want to have to tap in the tempo every time I select a song.

It would be nice if the Sets/Songs feature added the ability to set the tempo per song. I'm not sure how it is applied if at all if you are using different presets that have different tempos for a single song. However, I definitely don't want to have to tap in the tempo every time I select a song.
Already wished for...

Is the amp on your fav preset done? If not then come back to it when it is. My main is the AC20 but it’s no good right now, and it’s not on the list. I expect it to be back better than before.
All but one... the Big Hair I guess is not done but that is Cliff's creation so it was probably perfect before. The others on the preset are the JCM 800, Friedman BE, and the Cornfield M50.

All but one... the Big Hair I guess is not done but that is Cliff's creation so it was probably perfect before. The others on the preset are the JCM 800, Friedman BE, and the Cornfield M50.

Well that’s the way it goes then. Going from Ares to Cygnus ruined a couple amps for me too. The Cornford which I used to love and the Dirty Shirley. Both great amps but I guess my tastes changed. I still try them sometimes but they don’t stick. Which is ok there are many more to choose from.

Last edited:
was playing with the ODS HRM model for a couple of hours yesterday - sounds great. Was tweaking the speaker break up and speaker drive without any high cut in the cab block. I'm starting to get the high end that I've always had in my head.

Is the speaker breakup and speaker drive complimentary of each other as if set the breakup was set to low then I didn't need to apply as much drive - but if set to medium I could apply more speaker drive? really flexible and sounds great.

Well that’s the way it goes then. Going from Ares to Cygnus ruined a couple amps for me too. The Cornford which I used to love and the Dirty Shirley. Both great amps but I guess my tastes changed. I still try them sometimes but they don’t stick. Which is ok there are many more to choose from.
Actually I'm sure I will love this preset again when I reconfigure it... it is just too bright now but I like all the Presets made by Fractal better.. including the ones with these amps. They are now better than mine so I am not complaining.. just pointing out that this is a major update. And for the better.

It's why I love the Fractal products so much. Every time there is an update it is like Christmas and I am getting a new unit. No other product has ever done this for me.

Last edited:
Something weird yesterday; and I'll add that my FM3 is still at church and I'll go get it later this morning. I updated to the beta 6 on Tuesday I believe. No issues, loved it. Set up my setlist for Sunday...no issues, loved it. I powered off the FM3 2 times during the period from update to Saturday evening..zero issues when powered back up for practices. Went to church yesterday and fired it up and it comes up on preset 001 and none of the footswitches work. Tried to go to the FS settings EZ mode...touching any switch did nothing. Packed it up, raced home restored the system settings and the footswitches came back to life and I was able to play, but Setlists weren't working. It let me set up the setlist, but when I modified the switch to advance the songs (as it had been before..working great), and tried it ...nothing. It just scrolled. I'd go back and check the switch config and it had reverted to the previous state.

As I said I'll have it home later this morning and will dig into it..but wondered if anyone had any ideas/thoughts.

Great update, yesterday i used my fm3 in a event and worked perfectly.

about the amplifiers, any change predictions on the VOX AC30 and the Matcheles?

Is the speaker breakup and speaker drive complimentary of each other as if set the breakup was set to low then I didn't need to apply as much drive - but if set to medium I could apply more speaker drive? really flexible and sounds great.

1667831981507.png

My guess is that breakup is more about the slope or rate of the dynamic onset (i.e. "soft"=gentle vs "hard"=abrupt) of speaker distortion (thus analogous to the 'hardness' of a tube), while drive is the relative magnitude of the (average or maximum) distortion (thus analogous to 'gain').

But only @FractalAudio can truly clarify.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom