FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thumbs up for speaker thump... set in the 0,7-1,1 range give a lot of liveness/feelness to the sound... amp in the room feel... I love it!

Thumbs up for speaker thump... set in the 0,7-1,1 range give a lot of liveness/feelness to the sound... amp in the room feel... I love it!
Yeah, thump seems to be acoustically subtle yet psycho-acoustically not subtle and very satisfying.

Note that the majority of the response is in the subsonic region and the effect is primarily tactile.

Speaker Thump was a revelation after analyzing the Volterra kernels of guitar speakers driven near their power limits. I can't really say much more than that without giving away proprietary information.

Put some time into the newest beta, and like the general consensus here, I’m loving it too.

Only thing I noticed, and not sure if this was pre-beta or now because of it, but my two switch, TRS stand-in switch works great to advance presets in one (tip) and tap tempo in another (ring), but when I try to do other things like control advancing a song in the setlist, it’ll do things like change the layouts, switch view, or if trying to control / advance scenes, it’ll random jump from 1-4, 2-4, 4-6, but not with every push of the foot switch, and never in any predictable order.

I test my presets playing with music at a decent volume. It gives me a pretty good idea of how it will work with other musicians as far as cutting through.
I set 'em up as best I can at home, but always test drive mine at rehearsals and note what needs tweaking. No matter how good it sounds at home, using them in real situations works best IMHO.

Put some time into the newest beta, and like the general consensus here, I’m loving it too.

Only thing I noticed, and not sure if this was pre-beta or now because of it, but my two switch, TRS stand-in switch works great to advance presets in one (tip) and tap tempo in another (ring), but when I try to do other things like control advancing a song in the setlist, it’ll do things like change the layouts, switch view, or if trying to control / advance scenes, it’ll random jump from 1-4, 2-4, 4-6, but not with every push of the foot switch, and never in any predictable order.
Make sure your footswitch configurations didn't reset or change with the update, and that the "momentary make/break" settings are accurate for your footswitch.

Setup> I/O > Pedal > Switch Settings

Make sure your footswitch configurations didn't reset or change with the update, and that the "momentary make/break" settings are accurate for your footswitch.

Setup> I/O > Pedal > Switch Settings
Thank you! This worked. I had to change the Switch 2 Tip Polarity to Normally Open/Momentary Make (from Normally Closed/Momentary Break).

I will admit, I use the FM3-Edit to adjust tones, and followed some YouTube videos to get external pedals connected, but I'm not typically going into many setup menus on the unit yet.

I'm currently switching the first six scenes with a midi foot switch - it would be great if I could also switch the song sections with it - only then could the full potential of this great new functionality be really exploited. Now I hope that this will be implemented in FM3.

this all looks ace, on a side note, has anyone seen a significant improvement in the tuner? is it smoother/faster? apart from that, way to go guys, more free goodies for my FM3!

this all looks ace, on a side note, has anyone seen a significant improvement in the tuner? is it smoother/faster? apart from that, way to go guys, more free goodies for my FM3!
Was unaware of any problems with the tuner. Can you elaborate. Personally I think the full page tuner is one of the best.

I guess it's all relative. Seems fine to me. I think yours is the first negative comment I've seen especially since they upgraded it.

Reactions: RLD
Was unaware of any problems with the tuner. Can you elaborate. Personally I think the full page tuner is one of the best.
The tuner has been functionally great as far as accuracy and design. What @steveforward is referring to is smoothness of animation. I noticed it as well. It is buttery smooth now. It wasn’t really “laggy” before but it just looks better now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom