FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how axe and Fm9 keep updating and Fm3 nothing....
Justin Timberlake Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Been a Fractal user since 2008 (Ultra days) and have had the flagship product until a few years ago when I decided I didn't want to lug a rack case & separate foot controller any more. Sold my gear and 'down sized' to the FM3 (the only downsize option at the time). Yes, it does pretty much do what I need it to do but, I do miss the constant improvement updates that are a regular occurrence on the flagship product.

I mean, I did realize at the time, that the FM3 was not going to get the attention of the flagship product but I didn't anticipate the FM3 'running into a wall/ceiling' as fast as it did. With the FM9 now occupying the second tier, I think we FM3 users need to accept the fact that, perhaps, the FM3 is the red headed step child ......

I still very much appreciate the Fractal products' soundscapes - there is no close second.

Been a Fractal user since 2008 (Ultra days) and have had the flagship product until a few years ago when I decided I didn't want to lug a rack case & separate foot controller any more. Sold my gear and 'down sized' to the FM3 (the only downsize option at the time). Yes, it does pretty much do what I need it to do but, I do miss the constant improvement updates that are a regular occurrence on the flagship product.

I mean, I did realize at the time, that the FM3 was not going to get the attention of the flagship product but I didn't anticipate the FM3 'running into a wall/ceiling' as fast as it did. With the FM9 now occupying the second tier, I think we FM3 users need to accept the fact that, perhaps, the FM3 is the red headed step child ......

I still very much appreciate the Fractal products' soundscapes - there is no close second.
See this post... ;)

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-version-5-03.184176/post-2329992

it seemed like the main reason the ax8 got left behind is that it wasn't designed in a way that led to shared updates between the axeII. AFAIK the fm3 is much easier to port updates over to it (as long as it's hardware limitations can handle them). also.... we've had multiple updates from fractal saying they are working on it! that's good enough for me

it SEEMS to me that they alternate between the FM9 and FM3 for priority of updating them. sometimes FM3 gets stuff quick and FM9 is a few months behind. this time it is the opposite. No big deal, although it is exciting to anticipate the next upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom