FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you're not hearing the acoustic sound of your strings?
Yes, very sure. I put my head down to the FRFR speaker and it certainly was there, especially noticeable on the higher string notes... But I reset the pitch block and restarted the unit. Funny thing is, I have never had some of the problems with the unit that other have had. All FW installs have gone smoothly since I bought the unit almost 2 years ago. This time, after resetting the VC block, and restarting the unit, the unit failed to start, it simply went black. Had to turn it off again for 5 secs or so, then it restarted. Also, before restarting but after resetting the VC block, there was a terrible latency. But luckily, after a successful reboot. All is well. The unit sounds phenomenal. I guess, the FW install messed with the VC block. But everything is good now. 👍

@Admin M@

A function that would be extremely useful for Fm3 would be to have an update as they did in line 6, to be able to assign to 1 sw the change of scenes programming for example: scene 1 step on and change to scene 3, step on again and change to scene 1, step on again and change to scene 2, etc.

@Admin M@

A function that would be extremely useful for Fm3 would be to have an update as they did in line 6, to be able to assign to 1 sw the change of scenes programming for example: scene 1 step on and change to scene 3, step on again and change to scene 1, step on again and change to scene 2, etc.
You need to flesh this out just a bit more (it's a little vague as stated) and post in the Wish section. You already can assign a switch to change scenes. You appear to want to jump in some predetermined order.

@Admin M@

This sounds like the „scene toggle“ option to me, is this what you mean?

@Admin M@

Scene toggle is the term Fractal Uses. There's a function for that when programming the behavior of each switch... either via tap or hold. I think they could still add a double tap option as well for a third layer of functionality, but I don't think that's high priority.

Sean Meredith-Jones

This sounds like the „scene toggle“ option to me, is this what you mean?

Scene toggle is the term Fractal Uses. There's a function for that when programming the behavior of each switch... either via tap or hold. I think they could still add a double tap option as well for a third layer of functionality, but I don't think that's high priority.

Sean Meredith-Jones
This isn't scene toggle...

It's more like scene increment with user defined order.

The upcoming Setlist feature will probably cover this request.

Anyone else notice a faint "buzzing" when notes are being played? Kind of like the normal fizzy buzz you sometimes get with single coils.. I just rolled back to 5.03b and it's not there. I've attached the preset. Most noticeable on scene 2.

Attachments

• 504_Vibra-King Base.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Updated my FM3 to last firmware. PLEXPRESSOR preset STILL with issues. CPU Limit. Muted sound.
I am tired to downgrade my firmware to 5.03 beta. This is the last one that still works.
Ok. There are plenty of presets and lots of combinations to try. But I love this preset.
I understand that Fractal Team do their best to solve and improve FM3. Thanks to all of you guys.
But, please, let PLEXPRESSOR preset works again.
I am composing some jazz and bossa nova songs and everyone that hear the sounds that comes from my FM3 (particularly plexpressor preset) combined with my Gibson loves it.
It's AMAZING!!! This little machine is a real magic box.

Two stock presets - Mark Day's Recto and Fremen Mini Drones are reaching max "WARNING" on CPU and shutting off sound.

Should this be happening?

Why do you guys ignore what you've been told over and over about factory presets?

simon cowell facepalm GIF

You'll have to wait for the next release of factory presets if you want full comparability with aligning FW release.

Why do you guys ignore what you've been told over and over about factory presets?

simon cowell facepalm GIF

You'll have to wait for the next release of factory presets if you want full comparability with aligning FW release.
Correct. Just wanted to make sure. Good to go.

Last edited:
Updated my FM3 to last firmware. PLEXPRESSOR preset STILL with issues. CPU Limit. Muted sound.
I am tired to downgrade my firmware to 5.03 beta. This is the last one that still works.
Ok. There are plenty of presets and lots of combinations to try. But I love this preset.
I understand that Fractal Team do their best to solve and improve FM3. Thanks to all of you guys.
But, please, let PLEXPRESSOR preset works again.
I am composing some jazz and bossa nova songs and everyone that hear the sounds that comes from my FM3 (particularly plexpressor preset) combined with my Gibson loves it.
It's AMAZING!!! This little machine is a real magic box.

Find a block you can live without and delete it. I don’t have the factory presets loaded so I can’t see the preset. But there should be some effect besides the plex that can be ditched.

Find a block you can live without and delete it. I don’t have the factory presets loaded so I can’t see the preset. But there should be some effect besides the plex that can be ditched.

Just did that for the Fremen Mini Drone preset. Removed the Compressor. All good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom