FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rate of these updates is really amazing. Already working on the new Axe III updates that sound like major improvements and upgrades on their beta thread. Just fantastic. Thank you so much for all your efforts and hard work!

Thank you. Good update. Most of the problems that were observed in 5.02 were fixed. Scenes now switch quickly, everything is stable, without complaints. Although I noticed that some presets went into the CPU limit, I have to set it up again.

Hi FAS !

Just wondering, given the closeness of the releases, does FM3 5.03 Final -already- contain the Axe 3 FW 20.00 Beta 4 " ... New Speaker Drive algorithm in Amp block ... " (?)

No biggie either way, just curious :)

Thanks,
Ben
No, not yet. It is in the work queue.

There's a speaker drive parameter already in the speaker section of the amp block... is another parameter forthcoming?

Sean Meredith-Jones

Don't expect factory presets from previous FW to be 100% compatible with later FW.

Further, all presets, including factory, are easily adjusted by the user, and fully customizable.

Also... maybe just my opinion, but I think you don't even need to update FW beyond the one that factory presets were last updated, if all you do is use factory presets in their defaults.

Although I noticed that some presets went into the CPU limit, I have to set it up again.
Yep, that one is bad. I'd had already reworked a bunch to get 5.02 to stay below the limit. This round, I'd run out of reverb settings to further downgrade and had to delete blocks to get under the limits. 😔 I hate the thought of NOT staying with the latest release though, so it is what it is.

I know I'm pushing my luck here .... :) .... but .... is the new "Block Mixer” algorithm resulting in faster/quieter scene and channel changes also in the FM3 work queue ?
As with any feature or improvement, CPU increases need to be evaluated before deciding to implement on the FM3. So, yes it is in the queue, but it is not guaranteed to be implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom