FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fractal team ,after my 5.03 firmware update , my FM3 doesnt boot up. Its stucked at FM3 LOGO. There is no loading bar . So i have tried the emergency utility boot , and tried installing the firmware again , but failed to start up . Even with the previous firmwares i tried and still failed to start up :( Somebody help.

Hello fractal team ,after my 5.03 firmware update , my FM3 doesnt boot up. Its stucked at FM3 LOGO. There is no loading bar . So i have tried the emergency utility boot , and tried installing the firmware again , but failed to start up . Even with the previous firmwares i tried and still failed to start up :( Somebody help.
Are you saying the unit failed to start up even in Emergency mode?

Are you saying the unit failed to start up even in Emergency mode?
Oh sorry , what i meant is , after i updated in Emergency mode , it stated that the update is successful. So when i turned it off, and on again , its stuck at the FM3 Logo again. It can start up , but its stuck at the fm3 logo with no loading bar progress .

Oh sorry , what i meant is , after i updated in Emergency mode , it stated that the update is successful. So when i turned it off, and on again , its stuck at the FM3 Logo again. It can start up , but its stuck at the fm3 logo with no loading bar progress .
Boot up holding the HOME key down.
If it boots up then there is a problem with your preset. Change to a new preset and the unit will boot normally and you can address the bad preset.
If it doesn't boot up then boot up holding down both ENTER and TEMPO. A console will display the boot progress. Report back with the last message in this console.

EDIT: Also, try installing a previous firmware version to see if you get the same results.

Boot up holding the HOME key down.
If it boots up then there is a problem with your preset. Change to a new preset and the unit will boot normally and you can address the bad preset.
If it doesn't boot up then boot up holding down both ENTER and TEMPO. A console will display the boot progress. Report back with the last message in this console.

EDIT: Also, try installing a previous firmware version to see if you get the same results.
Thanks for your reply ,

So i have tried it and it says this exactly,

Initialized Front panel
Initializing Shared Objects
Initializing DSPS...

Then , i tried installing the previous firmware Version
Its the same thing .

Thanks for your reply ,

So i have tried it and it says this exactly,

Initialized Front panel
Initializing Shared Objects
Initializing DSPS...

Then , i tried installing the previous firmware Version
Its the same thing .
Contact support@fractalaudio.com and reference me. This sounds like a possible hardware problem.

EDIT: 1 thing you might try before contacting support is to hold down both HOME and EDIT while booting. If it still doesn't come up then contact support.

Good evening,
Sorry for my English, I'm French. I just updated to 5.03 and several of my patches no longer work. They are now reaching the CPU limit...
This limit is painful.
For those who use their FM3 in live, beware, you may find yourself without sound by pressing a switch to change the scene. Test well before.
Does anyone know if it is possible to revert to the previous firmware?

It is. Just install it using Fractal Bot in FM3 Edit like you would any FW update. FM3 manual page 104.

Everything working well here, there was one preset of mine where I had to for some reason or other readjust the drive block level pretty drastically coming from the latest beta, but other than that smooth sailing. Many thanks!

Of course, just grab a copy of the previous firmware and reload it. The unofficial archive contains copies of older firmware.

Hopefully, you made a backup before you installed the latest version of the firmware because you might want to restore those versions of your presets. This is because, if you modified a preset with the current firmware and saved it, the older firmware may not understand how the change worked. Firmware is able to load older presets, but ones from the future can baffle it.

This limit is painful.
It's unavoidable. There's only so much CPU power available in a system; It's a limited commodity. Fractal does its best to optimize the code in the models and avoid increasing CPU use, but sometimes, in order to improve the sound or add features, CPU use goes up. The best practice is to always leave extra CPU when you build a preset to help avoid hitting the limit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom