FM3 Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed and done some Recording - seems all fine until now.
Use 90% my own presets so I can't say something about factory ps but I'm aware that they may have to bee tweaked beacsue of CPU load.

Updated my FM3 to last firmware. PLEXPRESSOR preset STILL with issues. CPU Limit. Muted sound.
I am tired to downgrade my firmware to 5.03 beta. This is the last one that still works.
Ok. There are plenty of presets and lots of combinations to try. But I love this preset.
I understand that Fractal Team do their best to solve and improve FM3. Thanks to all of you guys.
But, please, let PLEXPRESSOR preset works again.
I am composing some jazz and bossa nova songs and everyone that hear the sounds that comes from my FM3 (particularly plexpressor preset) combined with my Gibson loves it.
It's AMAZING!!! This little machine is a real magic box.

I loaded the Cygnus 5.0 presets. That Plexpressor has 2 drive blocks in it. Delete one of them. Drives are cpu hogs. I ditched drive 2 and it runs at 77%.

Just curious since I don't see anything unique in the preset (no reverb block set to ultra-high, etc) that would cause the CPU max-out.
I just want to extend an apology as looking back at my post, my attempt at sarcastic humor appears to come off as rude or condescending.

I'm just being a smarty pants.

FAS has stated new factory presets are in the works, just FYI, I can't recall where Matt posted that, in was in one of the FW threads in the last couple months.

Last edited:
just got time to finally try the update and also finding issues in edit having scene change freeze...never have had a problem with updates before but i know the awesome people at FAS will kick those lil things out soon enough

I just want to extend an apology as looking back at my post, my attempt at sarcastic humor appears to come off as rude or condescending.

I'm just being a smarty pants.

I thought it was funny myself. Hopefully no one got offended. But your point was valid.

To the newer people on the group struggling with factory presets: The last pack was made for the 5.0 release which worked then. Improvements have been made since 5.0 that use more cpu. It’s worth it in my opinion cause it’s sounding great. But that means some presets won’t work any longer. However when these were made they put all kinds of effects in there since there was enough cpu. Like chorus or 2 drive blocks, 2 compressors etc. Just delete a block and you’ll most likely be good without having much impact on the preset. And FAS did state they would be updating the presets. But no need to wait, just jump in and make them work.

Can someone test the virtual capo in the 5.03 release. I am hearing bleed through of both notes -1 pitch on 100% mix coming through. Didn't hear this before.
Same here.
There are two voices to hear and the effect becomes worse on the higher frets. A reset of the pitch block did not fix it. There is high latency that seems to reduce when the block is in use. Disconnecting the USB cable makes no difference.
I have started the unit several times a day and used it at rehearsal. Except the pictch block everything else works phantastic.

I thought it was funny myself. Hopefully no one got offended. But your point was valid.

To the newer people on the group struggling with factory presets: The last pack was made for the 5.0 release which worked then. Improvements have been made since 5.0 that use more cpu. It’s worth it in my opinion cause it’s sounding great. But that means some presets won’t work any longer. However when these were made they put all kinds of effects in there since there was enough cpu. Like chorus or 2 drive blocks, 2 compressors etc. Just delete a block and you’ll most likely be good without having much impact on the preset. And FAS did state they would be updating the presets. But no need to wait, just jump in and make them work.
I agree with you, because as a noob in this world, there are things that I am not yet aware using fractal devices. After your explanation, I can understand now these conflicts concerning presets and new firmwares.
But altough your comments makes real sense, my question is.. Why not WAIT releasing a NEW FIRMWARE WITH THE NEW ADJUSTED PRESETS to work fine, rather than release a new firmware and after some time, those worked presets?
World is strange. We are living our lives running against time. We are so thirsty for updates, more functions, and I love it too. But ... haste is the enemy of good ...
I appreciate again all the work from Fractal Team to improve more and more their products. Appreciate too all the comments in this forum that help me understand a little more my FM3.
Thanks guys!

I agree with you, because as a noob in this world, there are things that I am not yet aware using fractal devices. After your explanation, I can understand now these conflicts concerning presets and new firmwares.
But altough your comments makes real sense, my question is.. Why not WAIT releasing a NEW FIRMWARE WITH THE NEW ADJUSTED PRESETS to work fine, rather than release a new firmware and after some time, those worked presets?
World is strange. We are living our lives running against time. We are so thirsty for updates, more functions, and I love it too. But ... haste is the enemy of good ...
I appreciate again all the work from Fractal Team to improve more and more their products. Appreciate too all the comments in this forum that help me understand a little more my FM3.
Thanks guys!
Because factory presets are a gift and not a necessity.

Because factory presets are a gift and not a necessity.
But if your stock presets will max CPU with an update... That is where many that venture into the FRACTAL world will formulate their opinions and biases.

I'm FAS through and through, no going back for me.

Thanks guys!

You can wait to update if that's an issue for you. I personally do not use factory presets for day to day playing.

You can wait to update if that's an issue for you. I personally do not use factory presets for day to day playing.
Actually what I did was downgrade to firmware 5.03 beta. It´s working fine to me. For those you guys that are very experienced in the fractal world creating your own patchs from the scratch must be the most usual thing.
Mastering our creativity is a good exercise. Hope in the next months, by the time I will create my own patches.
I came from Digitech old time, still using guitar processor effects like Legend, TSR 12. They still sounds great. Like then.
But fractal is new to me and I suppose either to a lot of guys in this group.
And I am very very happy how good it sounds in my guitars.
Effects are the best.
I am learning a lot here. Thank you guys.

Bogner Modern Blue delivered all kinds of fun last night at rehearsal. No issues
with switching, sound, boot up, or peformance. I stayed on a single preset the
entire night and the interactiveness of the FM3 with my constant adjustments
to volume, tone, pick attack, and placement just blow me away. One of those
nights where your gear responds to you with every subtlety and nuance you bring
to the table as a player. Throw in all the juicy harmonic feedback that is so present
and controllable and you can't help but scream, "Good gosh this is fun!" :)

Why not WAIT releasing a NEW FIRMWARE WITH THE NEW ADJUSTED PRESETS to work fine, rather than release a new firmware and after some time, those worked presets?
Why not wait?

Because Cliff doesn’t stop innovating, and the developers don’t stop working on porting code, they continually work adding new improvements, fixing bugs, and in general keep the firmware moving forward on the modelers, and in the editors.

The people who work on the presets wait until the firmware has seen a significant change, or enough smaller changes, that force a need to touch-up the presets. That same group of people do a couple of other things constantly, jumping back and forth, sometimes doing both at the same time. The process of going through the presets is quite time consuming, especially when working with the constantly improving firmware because sometimes a fix or change forces revisiting previously touched presets, but the end result is a bunch of freshly polished factory presets.

At a high level it probably looks like a bee hive or ant hole, and seems confusing, but it’s not, it’s just a bunch of busy people trying to keep up with Cliff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom