FM3 Firmware Version 5.02 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some recordings I made with 5.02 and two guitars I just received - already posted in the recording sub-forum, but as now it's a public beta, I can post it here too. Love how those Marshall models sounds now !

Superbe TDR!

I was wondering if you were going to update all your FM3 presets packs to FW5.02?

Also, your last pack on the AF3 (Metal & Rock Vol II) is excellent (played it at a friends house...), so I hope you will eventually port it to the FM3 if at all feasible!

Merci!
Jocelyn

Is this with any preset? Or is it on high CPU around 80%?

If it’s a specific preset and it’s not a paid preset can you upload it? Thanks.
Any preset. Just switched to default 000: 59 Bassguy and rebooted and it did the same thing: after FM3 splash screen loading bar finishes, 3 seconds of black screen, then preset UI shows up.

-Aaron

Any preset. Just switched to default 000: 59 Bassguy and rebooted and it did the same thing: after FM3 splash screen loading bar finishes, 3 seconds of black screen, then preset UI shows up.

-Aaron
Ok thanks for confirmation!

Is this with any preset? Or is it on high CPU around 80%?

If it’s a specific preset and it’s not a paid preset can you upload it? Thanks.
Confirmed that this is a thing. The first time I saw it, I thought maybe the box crashed. My concerns were allayed two seconds later when the screen popped back.

My screen goes black for longer than I’m comfortable with after the loading screen, but it’s not quite 3 seconds. Maybe 1.5? Had a mini heart attack the first time, but it comes back on.

My screen goes black for longer than I’m comfortable with after the loading screen, but it’s not quite 3 seconds. Maybe 1.5? Had a mini heart attack the first time, but it comes back on.
I honestly didn’t even notice it until I stared intently lol. I think it might be even less than that.

Got something that looks like a bug about a minute ago; it's not specific to any preset.
I've set up a new hardtail bridge on a guitar today & been working at intonating etc. for the past 40 minutes or so. The tuner just stopped reacting to pitch changes (simply displayed the same "note"/frequency no matter how I turned the tuning pegs & could audibly hear that the pitch was shifting). I swapped between presets like a madman but the behavior was the same, no matter the preset.

EDIT: Nevermind that - had the volume rolled-off ... turning into an "end-user".

I’m a risk-taker and loaded it up and used it at my gig last night. It worked great and sounded great though I did notice that 2 of my presets that were right on the brink of using too much CPU, they don’t work anymore due to the cpu hit, but I’d rather have the better sounds and work around the CPU limit. I also did notice the black screen on boot up and thought I bricked my unit when updating. Lucky I waited a few more seconds before hard rebooting again. This is a great update and I thank you all for all of your hard work.

I also hope we get the block ignore feature soon too!

Beta sounds great.
was in the studio this week, and for the projects I was on, had to play real amps……so I’m dialed in mentally to the sound and punch. Been away from FM3 for over a week.

fired up and noodled before download and install of beta, then did so. New beta sounds and feels even better. Hard to describe or believe.

really hits you in the gut, even through studio monitors….

very well done and thank you Fractal team!

EDIT: I deleted my previous post. I think it's your preset. I think what you called "gating" is just blocking distortion, which definitely happens when you push a Deluxe Tweed.
Huge thanks for chiming in :)

My only "query" is that when I load the exact same preset in FW 5.01 there is absolutely no "gating" / "blocking distortion ?!?!?

=> is there a specific deep-setting I can try to alter to reduce this "effect" in FW 5.02B1 ?

Many thanks,
Ben

Superbe TDR!

I was wondering if you were going to update all your FM3 presets packs to FW5.02?

Also, your last pack on the AF3 (Metal & Rock Vol II) is excellent (played it at a friends house...), so I hope you will eventually port it to the FM3 if at all feasible!

Merci!
Jocelyn
Thank you Jocelyn ! All the packs are already updated to 5.02, I just need to check the levels one last time, it has changed in some amp models. I will also add Rock & Metal II, of course :) Everything should be available in 2 or 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom