FM3 Firmware Version 5.02 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitrual capo sounds a bit odd to me, sometimes delayed, sometimes like tremolo effect. Anyone else hear that? Also had some issues with computer audio not playing out my FM3/monitors.
Well "Smooth" mode definitely is a LOT better, quality-wise, but it does induce slight latency when you've got it cranked all the way up.
1648245394753.png
Been A/B-ing "Fast" Pitch Tracking with "tracking" on 10 vs "Smooth" with "tracking on 5. Smooth one wins hands down to my ears.

Guess it takes a bit of juggling around to find the sweet spot between "Pitch Tracking" and "Tracking" quality to get where you need to be.

Combined “Smart Bypass” and “2nd Press = Previous Channel” into a single “2nd Press” parameter. The two choices are "Smart Bypass" which is a pre-existing feature, and "Previous Channel" which toggles to the previously selected channel instead.
@Admin M@ @BryantP - can someone explain to me the logic here?

I'm not connecting the dots on how Smart Bypass is tied to Second Press?

Is this different from Channel Select with Smart Bypass that only happens on second press?

@Admin M@ @BryantP - can someone explain to me the logic here?

I'm not connecting the dots on how Smart Bypass is tied to Second Press?

Is this different from Channel Select with Smart Bypass that only happens on second press?
it's just the menu option when setting up the switch having both settings in the same place. settings are separate, you choose one or the other.

it's just the menu option when setting up the switch having both settings in the same place. settings are separate, you choose one or the other.
So you can either have Smart Bypass or Second Press change to previous channel?

Before Second Press was a thing then the second press with Smart Bypass would bypass the block?

I don't remember as I haven't used Smart Bypass in a long time.

Thanks everyone on the team for adding these features. I have never seen a company that adds new features like you guys do. Keep up the great work!

Yes. Depending on the blocks in your preset and the updates in the new firmware you may experience increases or decreases in CPU.
Hi rglr !

POSSIBLE MAJOR BUG

Please see the attached preset.

Only 3 Scenes. Scene 1 and Scene 2 seem OK ... but when I go to Scene 3 - the Solo scene - there is a very weird "gating" / weird "compression" occurring on the notes - especially noticeable the higher up the fretboard you go .... any suggestions ?

Am using latest Axe Edit - did a full refresh ... no change ..... I reset the drive and amp block ... no change.

Went back to my 5.01 backup - all good - redid the FW update to 5.02B1 - problem comes back ?

Its got me stumped !?!?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks in advance,
Ben

PS: Another minor issue - in the latest Axe Edit the Speaker Comp is still in the Speaker Tab .... is that meant to be ?

Attachments

• 010 CLEAN JAZZ.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
Hi rglr !

POSSIBLE MAJOR BUG

Only 3 Scenes. Scene 1 and Scene 2 seem OK ... but when I go to Scene 3 - the Solo scene - there is a very weird "gating" / weird "compression" occurring on the notes - especially noticeable the higher up the fretboard you go .... any suggestions ?

Am using latest Axe Edit - did a full refresh ... no change ..... I reset the drive and amp block ... no change.

Went back to my 5.01 backup - all good - redid the FW update to 5.02B1 - problem comes back ?

Its got me stumped !?!?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

PS: Another minor issue - in the latest Axe Edit the Speaker Comp is still in the Speaker Tab .... is that meant to be ?
I imagine this is just a wording mistake, but you keep saying “Axe Edit”. Are you using FM3 Edit and not Axe Edit for the FM3?

%99 Sure Amp 096 Deluxe Tweed is now somehow "Corrupt" (?)

See attached Preset

I re-installed FW 5.02B1 and the new FM3 Edit for a 2nd time and refreshed for a 3rd time - created this test Preset from Scratch.

• Boosted Clean Scene 1 = ok
  • Boosted Clean Scene 2 = ok
  • Boosted SOLO Scene 3 = very weird gating / attack cut-offs / pumping etc......

Substituted different amps and all was well.

FWIW I'm playing with a stock Fender Jazzmaster.

Rolled back to FW 5.01 and all is fine with this exact same preset - no issues.

Could other users please test this preset and report back ?

Thanks,
Ben

Attachments

• 011 DELUXE TWEED TEST.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Hi rglr !

POSSIBLE MAJOR BUG

Its got me stumped !?!?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Tried the preset in 5.01 and with 5.02 Beta 1 and scene 3 sounds the same on both FW versions. I tried two 'versions of the preset: 1. Saved to the FM3 using FW 5.01; 2. Loaded it into an Empty preset location after update the FW and installing the new version of FM3 Edit.

Tried the preset in 5.01 and with 5.02 Beta 1 and scene 3 sounds the same on both FW versions. I tried two 'versions of the preset: 1. Saved to the FM3 using FW 5.01; 2. Loaded it into an Empty preset location after update the FW and installing the new version of FM3 Edit.

Did Scene 3 sound normal in each or did it sound "weird" / "gated" in each ?

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom