FM3 Firmware Version 5.02 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a problem for me. Had to go back to 5.01. I will wait for the final version. Maybe it will be better optimized. In FM3, each 1% of CPU is very important.
Considering there are improvements made I doubt itā€™ll go down in the final version by much if any.

This is a problem for me. Had to go back to 5.01. I will wait for the final version. Maybe it will be better optimized. In FM3, each 1% of CPU is very important.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm right one the edge with several core presets, so I guess I'll wait and hope for some optimization. :rolleyes:

Considering there are improvements made I doubt itā€™ll go down in the final version by much if any.
Agree. Not trying to rub it in, but to keep wanting the advanced Axe FX III features is inevitably going to increase CPUā€¦IMO. Believe me I understand rebuilding presets and working with the new situation is not an easy or desirable endeavor, but may be needed to continue on. I find the improved features worth the trouble.

This could be something to mess with to see if you can make presets work that previously are over CPU.

ā€œAllow changing a block out if it will lower the CPU usage, even if the new total usage exceeds the limit.ā€

I went for it after doing a backup, looking forward to setting up some bass guitars! Thanks FAS team.
I think it will be worth it for you to give it a try since the low frequency ā€œdigital distortionā€ was a major issue you were struggling. I hope itā€™s fixed! I have yet to get home to load it.

Edit:
The one thing I love about the FAS stuff is their super utility software. As long as I back up everything along with their on board ā€œsafe modeā€ start up itā€™s just about impossible not to get back to a previous working state.

Last edited:
Excellent! I'm still relatively new to this FM3 but how stable are the beta releases? Should I just wait for 5.02 stable in other words? I am really interested in the fix for the noise on bass guitars.
When I was new to my Axe III, I passed on the betas. But once I became familiar with how to back everything up, I tried a few and was fine. I still watch the forums to see what kinds of bugs, if any, are being reported, and still avoid certain beta releases, if I feel there's still a bit of work to do. Fortunately Cliff seems to get them ported to Release Candidates rather fast. YMMV

Vitrual capo sounds a bit odd to me, sometimes delayed, sometimes like tremolo effect. Anyone else hear that? Also had some issues with computer audio not playing out my FM3/monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom