FM3 Firmware Version 5.02 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn - still at work. Dead curious on the Virtual Capo now with this revision; still think the 5.01 was pretty solid but now my curiosity's at its peak

Excellent! I'm still relatively new to this FM3 but how stable are the beta releases? Should I just wait for 5.02 stable in other words? I am really interested in the fix for the noise on bass guitars.

I don’t see the low output volume on the fix list. If anyone else had this issue and does the update, can you please report?

Excellent! I'm still relatively new to this FM3 but how stable are the beta releases? Should I just wait for 5.02 stable in other words? I am really interested in the fix for the noise on bass guitars.
It depends on your ability to deal with bugs and diagnose problems. If you are good at it and can isolate problems and describe how to reproduce them, then sure, go ahead. If you have no idea then don’t because you’ll frustrate yourself.

Open beta can be like stepping into the Wild West where unexpected problems pop-up. Fractal does their best to make a solid release but the point of beta is to expose the code to a much larger body of users than the closed beta had, and make sure that bugs are found.

Discovered a bug with Plex Delay:
When changing type to Helium Shimmer there's no audio. I can hear sound as I adjust the mix parameter, but nothing otherwise. Reseting the channel brings back audio, but it goes away when again when switching to Helium Shimmer. This is my first time trying this type, so maybe I'm missing something.

Edit: I deleted my reverb block to try lowering the CPU, and that fixed it. However, CPU was at about 70.1 percent before I deleted the reverb and I never got a warning that I was exceeding CPU.

Seems like everything's hunky dory! After a short session so far it sounds great, works well and the new amp models are a hoot.

Allow changing a block out if it will lower the CPU usage, even if the new total usage exceeds the limit.
Could someone maybe translate this for me in as simple a way as possible?

Hello many thanks for the update.
1st impressions
slightly higher cpu use on presets. Havent checked them all but seems so (?)
virtual capo tracking difference is night & day
tuner is great again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom