FM3 Firmware Version 5.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Can you please edit that last sentence out so we don't have to see @Ugly Bunny lose his ever lovin' mind again. ;)
I lol'd for real at that :)

Real talk, though; I am a little worried by his remarks on the pitch tracking. The thing is, it works so well now (although cleans still sound a bit wonky) that I fear any change to it from here on out. Will the "improved tracking" come with increased latency or have they decided that increased latency is unacceptable and will require any improvement henceforth to be as good or better than it is now? Will I be forced to do another round of measurements?!?!

See? I'm already losing my mind about it :sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile:

Real talk, though; I am a little worried by his remarks on the pitch tracking. The thing is, it works so well now (although cleans still sound a bit wonky) that I fear any change to it from here on out. Will the "improved tracking" come with increased latency or have they decided that increased latency is unacceptable and will require any improvement henceforth to be as good or better than it is now? Will I be forced to do another round of measurements?!?!

They won’t make it worse you goober

I don't know why this is brought up all the time. I gig my FM3 a lot and have never once felt stifled because of one amp block. It seems very reasonable to me that the FM3 has this limitation.
Gigging wise - no need for dual amp.
But at home through studio monitors, take 2 amps - pan them hard left/right with 2 different cabs....it's glorious. (I do it with my Axe III)
Different amps have different attack, thus it sounds a bit like 2 guitar players.

That said - I bought the FM3 for gigging and knowing full well that 2 amps is extremely unlikely. And will likely not buy the FM9 when my name comes up, because the FM3 is outstanding for gigs.

But at home through studio monitors, take 2 amps - pan them hard left/right with 2 different cabs....it's glorious. (I do it with my Axe III)
Different amps have different attack, thus it sounds a bit like 2 guitar players.

That said - I bought the FM3 for gigging and knowing full well that 2 amps is extremely unlikely. And will likely not buy the FM9 when my name comes up, because the FM3 is outstanding for gigs.
Yes, the FM3 is outstanding for Gigs 👍

Agreed. I don't understand the need for multiple amps. I'm not John Mayer or that old blues dude that wears shiny suits and sunglasses on stage and owns a thousand Gibsons... I've never once gigged using more than one amp. I get that my needs aren't everyone's, but multiple amps just seems overboard to me :)

EDIT: Joe Bonamassa

Improving the pitch would be highly appreciated.
The last update did improve it - but it stills sucks tone compared to the drop.
So, just a small portion for increasing quality and then I can finally ditch the drop pedal :)

I've been waiting for 5.02 because of the wooshing sound folks reported when using bass guitars into a clean amp. I am kind of holding off trying to dial my bass tones in until that happens

Improving the pitch would be highly appreciated.
The last update did improve it - but it stills sucks tone compared to the drop.
So, just a small portion for increasing quality and then I can finally ditch the drop pedal :)
Unfortunately, I can't blame the suck in my playing on Fractal gear, but if I could...

I've been waiting for 5.02 because of the wooshing sound folks reported when using bass guitars into a clean amp. I am kind of holding off trying to dial my bass tones in until that happens
Bass player here. I’ve heard of this bug but have never experienced it. What drives me nuts in the bug on scene when they’re set to “previous scene” mode. The labels change when they’re not supposed to. FAS confirmed the bug so I’m sure it’s been addressed.

Bass player here. I’ve heard of this bug but have never experienced it. What drives me nuts in the bug on scene when they’re set to “previous scene” mode. The labels change when they’re not supposed to. FAS confirmed the bug so I’m sure it’s been addressed.

Interesting, I think a user posted a preset in this thread earlier on that demonstrates it. If this is isolated then I think I'm much more likely to try it out.

Haha! I suppose if it gets inadvertently messed up someone could always roll back to a previous firmware. :)

If you ended up feeling inclined to do some measurements with the forthcoming firmware that would be
very cool!

Haha! I suppose if it gets inadvertently messed up someone could always roll back to a previous firmware. :)

If you ended up feeling inclined to do some measurements with the forthcoming firmware that would be
very cool!
I will do so if I even suspect that I can feel a difference one way or the other.

Interesting, I think a user posted a preset in this thread earlier on that demonstrates it. If this is isolated then I think I'm much more likely to try it out.
just insert a citrus bass 200, leave the settings like they come out of the box, add input and output, connect the bass and play some deep notes (below d is enough, it hasn't to be a low b). Then you will hear a sizzling sound similar to a bit crusher. When yo switch of the poweramp section it disappears. For my ears a nogo. So I went back to the previous beta release 5.1 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom