FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
impressive list of updates! Thanks FAS

Not to be "that guy," but is there a particular reason the BlackGlass and Virtual Capo improvments aren't specifically listed in the release notes? Not pickin' on you, just trying to understand the process. In any case, loading it up now - you guys are killing it today!! Thank you :D

Is the BlackGlass updated with the Axe-fx3 version in this beta?

I'm not usually moved to post "this firmware sounds amazing" type posts, but it really does. The changes are subtle but fabulous.
Yes, and feels great. The fenders shine, feels like plugin into real vintage ones. Plexis amazing. Vox more "alive". Subtle, but the low end detail give "live" to tone.

Not doing that here, all okay.
Hi Yek.

If you don't mind me asking:-

=> have you noticed a CPU % Usage increase or decrease in your Presets going from FW5 B1-or-prior to FW 5 B4 (?)
=> if so, roughly how much is it either way (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Higher gain amps with the power amp modelling turned off are insanely good
Funny you should mention it because
Version 19.00 firmware represents the first use of the Chase Nonlinear Feedback (CNFB) technique for the solution of nonlinear ODEs. The power amp algorithm has been completely rewritten using the CNFB method. This provides improved accuracy, especially in the clipping and power supply sag behavior vs. frequency

=> in all 4 of my primary gigging presets, the CPU % Usage went UP on all 4 of them by a consistent ~ %2 ...... to the point where one of them is now flashing "warning" but not cutting audio out [ ..... at least not yet ] ?!

Any thoughts / advice / opinions / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ben
I haven't had much time, but the 1 preset I checked had an increase of 2 to 3 % I had to decrease reverb quality to get out of warning range

5.0 Beta 4
FM3 Edit 1.05.04 rc2

Still showing 59 Bassguy as my Amp 1 across multiple presets
Verify you have Firmware version 5.00 beta 4 installed on the FM3 under 'Setup'
Verify you have FM3-Edit version 1.05.04 RC 2 under 'Help->About'
Perform 'Refresh after new Firmware' on FM3-Edit under 'Settings'

If all this fails upload your System Settings and 2 offending presets.

So those of you that at using B4 and FM3 Edit RC2 ..... are you hearing the improvements and seeing the CPU reductions without resetting the Amp Block ?

Ben
I did the update preset utility that’s on unit so it resets it allll

Not to be "that guy," but is there a particular reason the BlackGlass and Virtual Capo improvments aren't specifically listed in the release notes? Not pickin' on you, just trying to understand the process. In any case, loading it up now - you guys are killing it today!! Thank you :D
I was kinda wondering this too (just a curiosity thing not a complaint in the least). Especially with how vocal some folks had been regarding the VC for a long time. I would have put put it in bold and said “HAPPY NOW?”
Happy they are there just the same 😁

I was kinda wondering this too (just a curiosity thing not a complaint in the least). Especially with how vocal some folks had been regarding the VC for a long time. I would have put put it in bold and said “HAPPY NOW?”
Happy they are there just the same 😁
I am happy now, in fact lol! I’ve even updated my VC thread to reflect that the VC is still just as brilliant in 5.0b4 as it was 5.0b1 ☺️

I finally can… this must be like what Luke felt like when he finally won the Star Trek and got the ring to Morrowind… knackered, but relieved 😌
But then….
Wouldn’t it be nice closure to finally get that affirmation by seeing it in the official release notes? 😜
I’ll report to my public flogging for instigating now…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom