FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUG: there are no “Types” in the Megatap Delay block (either on FM3 Edit or the front panel).

There have been a couple threads, but FAS has said they’re there, yet a bunch of us do not have them. Only the Config and Mix pages are present, and in FM3 Edit, where the Types would normally be is blank space between Library and Channels.

I reloaded the FW twice - once this morning and once just now, directly redownloaded from the link at the top of this thread. Also, latest Edit recommended in this thread. No dice:
I can confirm they're missing for me also.

Just noticed in the "setup" menu, the spillover for delay block isn't working.
It is working on the plex delay block.

Hi 👋🏻

Installation works well, it sounds great, as usual.. but I didn’t noticed any cpu benefits…

I mean, I checked one preset and it’s cpu occupation just before and just after the update : quite the same values..

But sounds great ! Thanks

Hi 👋🏻

Installation works well, it sounds great, as usual.. but I didn’t noticed any cpu benefits…

I mean, I checked one preset and it’s cpu occupation just before and just after the update : quite the same values..

But sounds great ! Thanks
Same for me, maybe 2% difference but I'm only in the 55% range.

BUG: there are no “Types” in the Megatap Delay block (either on FM3 Edit or the front panel).

There have been a couple threads, but FAS has said they’re there, yet a bunch of us do not have them. Only the Config and Mix pages are present, and in FM3 Edit, where the Types would normally be is blank space between Library and Channels.

I reloaded the FW twice - once this morning and once just now, directly redownloaded from the link at the top of this thread. Also, latest Edit recommended in this thread. No dice:
View attachment 95929
View attachment 95930
The new types refers to the Multitap Delay.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 05.40.21.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 05.40.21.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Guess FAS fudged it by naming some blocks too similarly for some users.

Maybe Megatap should be Omegatap or Spinaltap or something.
So Megatap never had “Types” to begin with? I wasn’t sure because I had never really explored that FX block. Being a relatively new user and all. I don’t think it has anything to do with the naming…😛

Edit:
Just checked the Blocks guide and Megatap does have “Types” just not new ones. So it is a “BUG”. Because there are none now as per Ugly Bunny’s description.

Attachments

• 69150EFB-5B84-4799-9879-62B053B5116A.jpeg
    69150EFB-5B84-4799-9879-62B053B5116A.jpeg
    694.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 776457FE-67FC-4FC1-8310-4E318B27B514.jpeg
    776457FE-67FC-4FC1-8310-4E318B27B514.jpeg
    822.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
  • The Megatap Delay block is not the same as the Multitap Delay.
  • The Axe-Fx version of Megatap Delay has "types", introduced in fw 17.
  • The addition of these types to the FM3 hasn't been announced in the release notes.
  • So it isn't a bug. The manual probably should be edited to clarify that the types are only available on the Axe-Fx.

Where exactly did it say they are in the FM3 specifically
It doesn't, but usually if there're disparities, they will annotate that.
Yeah, because the release notes only mention Flanger, Plex Delay, and Multitap Delay blocks, not Megatap.
Megatap was in there already (not sure when exactly it made its way on to the FM3, but I don't think it was this FW)
The new types refers to the Multitap Delay.
Perhaps, but regardless, the Megatap is still missing types.
So Megatap never had “Types” to begin with? I wasn’t sure because I had never really explored that FX block. Being a relatively new user and all. I don’t think it has anything to do with the naming…😛

Edit:
Just checked the Blocks guide and Megatap does have “Types” just not new ones. So it is a “BUG”. Because there are none now as per Ugly Bunny’s description.
Yep; you got it :)
  • The Megatap Delay block is not the same as the Multitap Delay.
  • The Axe-Fx version of Megatap Delay has "types", introduced in fw 17.
  • The addition of these types to the FM3 hasn't been announced in the release notes.
  • So it isn't a bug. The manual probably should be edited to clarify that the types are only available on the Axe-Fx.
Haha yeah, little confusion there. I'm not sure when the Megatap came to the FM3, but it's odd that Types wouldn't come with it and would need its own mention in the release notes/announcement, but, of course, it's FAS's prerogative what they announce or don't. it may not be a bug per se, but it was (EDIT: mistakenly) claimed to be in there by FAS staff and it's not, so maybe it just got missed, which is fine; I assume they're tracking now.

Last edited:
Thanks - looks like we can put this to bed for now. I appreciate the clarification :D

Now... back on topic!
I was aware that some of your enthusiasm probably lied within your recent discovery of oh they did improve two things without specifically stating it i.e. your pitch block lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom