FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

Ok I am new so forgive me. I upgraded using the steps I read here plus the steps in the update. I upgrade the edit first then uploaded the new version. I reloaded the FC Controllers OM9 because it disappeared. However when I got to the edit software, hit setup and go to the audio tab, all of the parameters are blank and I have zero choices/can't make choices. When I go to outboard eq it says eq disable, to enable, set the output 1 eq type on the config page (which I did). I did restart the FM3, upgraded the patches, and restarted the edit software and I still have this issue. I am sure it is something simple...but I don't know the solution. Also, in the setup menu in the edit software my config is blank, as is scales, tuner. There are menus of for instant Out 1 config / mode/output level/phase, but there are zero parameters showing.

Hi, if this is just an FM3 Edit issue, try settings / refresh after new firmware

FM3 froze again, fourth time in a month now, actually since I got it. Happened now twice on 4.01 and before on 4.00. It happens randomly and I cant reproduce it. But it seems to happen more often ...

The tempo light is still blinking, but everything else doesn't react. It also happened with and without connection to a pc/FM3 edit.

Mine got to 98% and froze. Waited another long while and ultimately had to shut down. Updated on the second try.
This just happened to me too - tried 3 times and got to approx 98% all times- -pleas help!

Attachments

• FM3-210810-215922-bank-A.syx
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • FM3-210810-215922-bank-B.syx
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • FM3-210810-215922-bank-C.syx
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • FM3-210810-215922-bank-D.syx
    3 MB · Views: 5
This just happened to me too - tried 3 times and got to approx 98% all times- -pleas help!
Confirm you're running the latest version of FM3-Edit. It should be v1.05.02. It's possible to end up with multiple versions of *-Edit, and older versions don't know how to interpret the internal information of later versions of the firmware.

Since you have backups of the various preset banks, I'd recommend:
  1. Back up your "all layouts" using FC Controllers > Layouts Edit > Export All Layouts.
  2. Reset the FM3 to factory settings using Setup > Utilities > Reset System Parameters, followed by Clear All Presets and Clear All User Cabs. Restart the FM3. At this point it's got all the factory models and cabs but is missing the factory presets in banks A-C, and any additional presets or cabs you might have added.
  3. Try updating the firmware again using the embedded version of Fractal-Bot under the Tools menu. If the update works, good, if not, proceed anyway as you'll still have the previously installed firmware revision.
  4. Reinstall your presets from the bank A-D files using the same embedded Fractal-Bot. Do the same if you have any User Cabs.
  5. If the firmware didn't update, reload the most recent system+gb+fc.syx file, again using the same Fractal-Bot, which will return the FM3 to its previous state, then contact tech support. If you made it here your FM3 should be as it was before.
  6. If the firmware updated, manually reset the system settings and reload your foot-controller layout from the file created in step #1 using the Import All Layouts option in that menu. If you made it to here you're on the latest firmware with the rest of your system as it was.
Keep the editor current, use the embedded Fractal-Bot, and remove older versions and any stand-alone versions of Fractal-Bot.

I updated to 4.01 and ran the Preset Upgrade Utility and all went smoothly. My question: Is there a way to tell if the Presets have actually been updated? I ask because I walked away for a minute and came back and it, I assume was finished. The FM3 was back at the “Preset Upgrade Utility“ page. There was no “upgrade complete” message or similar. Thanks!
Edit:
I should add that the upgrade was 75% complete when I walked away and it was progressing smoothly so I really have no reason to believe it didn’t do its thing.

Last edited:
I updated to 4.01 and ran the Preset Upgrade Utility and all went smoothly. My question: Is there a way to tell if the Presets have actually been updated? I ask because I walked away for a minute and came back and it, I assume was finished. The FM3 was back at the “Preset Upgrade Utility“ page. There was no “upgrade complete” message or similar. Thanks!
Edit:
I should add that the upgrade was 75% complete when I walked away and it was progressing smoothly so I really have no reason to believe it didn’t do its thing.
If you got back to the Preset Upgrade page it completed successfully.

Seems like this is the comeback of the old "Update All Presets" command from the Standard/Ultra days, which updated all device-stored presets to the latest preset protocol.

Should this command from now on be executed after every install of a (major) firmware update? @Admin M@ @rglr
As far as I know, it's just this once.

if I switch to the preset it mutes with high CPU and I have to switch the reverb quality down.
Use the looper, and start a passage and have someone else toggle the reverb quality from economy to normal and back randomly behind your back and see if you can really hear a difference. Also consider whether you, or the audience, could tell the difference in a live band setting.

Bro, your new updated Atomica preset is nice!
Hope you, Elspeth and the fur babies are well.
Thanks brother, same to you!

That patch is based on Akira Takasaki's tone on "Crazy Night's" - I A/B'd it back and forth a few times and it's pretty close to the isolated guitars on there. One of my all time favourite Marshall tones.

I am loving the NEW Graphite Copy Delay !!!! Thank you FAS Team!

That sounds fantastic. If it's not a song yet it needs to be!

Confirm you're running the latest version of FM3-Edit. It should be v1.05.02. It's possible to end up with multiple versions of *-Edit, and older versions don't know how to interpret the internal information of later versions of the firmware.

Since you have backups of the various preset banks, I'd recommend:
  1. Back up your "all layouts" using FC Controllers > Layouts Edit > Export All Layouts.
  2. Reset the FM3 to factory settings using Setup > Utilities > Reset System Parameters, followed by Clear All Presets and Clear All User Cabs. Restart the FM3. At this point it's got all the factory models and cabs but is missing the factory presets in banks A-C, and any additional presets or cabs you might have added.
  3. Try updating the firmware again using the embedded version of Fractal-Bot under the Tools menu. If the update works, good, if not, proceed anyway as you'll still have the previously installed firmware revision.
  4. Reinstall your presets from the bank A-D files using the same embedded Fractal-Bot. Do the same if you have any User Cabs.
  5. If the firmware didn't update, reload the most recent system+gb+fc.syx file, again using the same Fractal-Bot, which will return the FM3 to its previous state, then contact tech support. If you made it here your FM3 should be as it was before.
  6. If the firmware updated, manually reset the system settings and reload your foot-controller layout from the file created in step #1 using the Import All Layouts option in that menu. If you made it to here you're on the latest firmware with the rest of your system as it was.
Keep the editor current, use the embedded Fractal-Bot, and remove older versions and any stand-alone versions of Fractal-Bot.
Thanks Greg for the detailed help - I did download latest FM3 edit before starting the 4.01 firmware load then attempted preset update facility process.

Given I have a gig this weekend and FM3 still working ok with my 5 presets will wait for Fractal to look at my preset banks I uploaded first

Thanks and best wishes

Nick

Are you using the stand-alone Fractal-Bot or the one built Into the editor?
Hi- I used Standalone fractal bot to download 4.01 firmware and send to FM3 - that worked great.

I then disconnected the FM3 from my laptop and tried to run preset update utility on the FM3 - got to approx 98% 3 times then I gave up .I still have all my presets working on the FM3.

Thank you for uploading your presets backup. We'll take a look as soon as we get the chance.
Thanks for that- I will hold off doing anything else as the FM3 still working with my presets .
Do you want me to upload my backed up other files from the same backup eg system ?

thanks and best wishes
Nick

Back
Top Bottom