FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't for the past 11 years, in my Fractal experience. If I did, I sure did it a long time ago and kept on doing it. Owned plenty of Fenders and never had this issue. But who knows. Anything is possible I guess.

Isn't the Jumpered Tweed a new model in the Fractal-verse?
Pretty sure that particular Amp Model has only existed for a
brief time.

What's your point? So it's a new model. Gosh..........
The Jumped Tweed is new and the other Tweed has altered behavior.

Maybe setting Input Trim to .5?

Also, I'm sure you already did, but double check to make sure your Power Amp modeling and Speaker modeling is still on.

seems I found a small bug in beta 5
I was about to set up the Perform Layout to my needs as well as the stand-in switch FM3 SW1.

On the Perform Layout I set 1 Tap, 2 Tap and 3 Tap to toggle scenes and 1Hold, 2Hold,3Hold to bypass effects.
So far all good and working as expected.

Next I set up the FM3 SW1 tip and ring, tip-tap becomes "view +1" - ring-tap "view -1". tip-hold="tuner" and ring-hold = "select layout 7"

And here seems to be the bug, FM3 switches 1 and 2 have now the same functions as stand-in SW 1 tip and ring.

I am doing something wrong or did I discover a small bug?

When copying presets by dragging and dropping, the FM3-Edit program closes spontaneously. Does anyone else have a similar bug?
Win10

When copying presets by dragging and dropping, the FM3-Edit program closes spontaneously. Does anyone else have a similar bug?
Win10

I just dragged and dropped the updated Austin Buddy Bank 1 with no issues. I am on Mac though not windows. Are you using pre set manager, (in the tools menu), in FM3 Edit?

A couple of issues with FM Beta 5:
1. Importing a preset from FW 16.02 lost a few blocks (2nd comp, pitch, single reverb block) and also some of the parameters changed
2. My 3 built in foot switches are all set to select scenes, but somehow got changed to a very different layout, and not able to change them back with FM3 edit. No problems with audio or switch scenes with FM3 edit.
3. Lost my external latching pedal, had to reboot to get it back

The Jumped Tweed is new and the other Tweed has altered behavior.

Maybe setting Input Trim to .5?

Also, I'm sure you already did, but double check to make sure your Power Amp modeling and Speaker modeling is still on.
Everything is on but I will try setting the trim to .5. I used mainly Fender and Musicman amps most of my playing live life, until I ran into the the Boss GX700 many moons ago. Still a Fender guy-all of them
Thanks as always

I just experienced an across the board tone “muffling” and volume drop. I had updated to Beta 5 - no issues. I actually let it reset ALL presets which took a while but it was fine. All was good yesterday and today. But all of a sudden I noticed the muffling and volume drop - then I turned the unit off, turned it on and tone-goodness was back in action. Weird.

seems I found a small bug in beta 5
I was about to set up the Perform Layout to my needs as well as the stand-in switch FM3 SW1.

On the Perform Layout I set 1 Tap, 2 Tap and 3 Tap to toggle scenes and 1Hold, 2Hold,3Hold to bypass effects.
So far all good and working as expected.

Next I set up the FM3 SW1 tip and ring, tip-tap becomes "view +1" - ring-tap "view -1". tip-hold="tuner" and ring-hold = "select layout 7"

And here seems to be the bug, FM3 switches 1 and 2 have now the same functions as stand-in SW 1 tip and ring.

I am doing something wrong or did I discover a small bug?
I thought I hit a bug as well with external stand-in switches (it seems that's what you're referring to) but found in the I/O menu that I had forgot to adjust the switch 1-2 type and Polarity - Normally Open is what mine are set to when working. When I reset the system settings with this beta, it put them back to the default of course of Normally Closed. Once I fixed the type and polarity, all worked as expected. Not saying you haven't found a bug of course but definitely worth checking if you reset system settings. Good luck!

I thought I hit a bug as well with external stand-in switches (it seems that's what you're referring to) but found in the I/O menu that I had forgot to adjust the switch 1-2 type and Polarity - Normally Open is what mine are set to when working. When I reset the system settings with this beta, it put them back to the default of course of Normally Closed. Once I fixed the type and polarity, all worked as expected. Not saying you haven't found a bug of course but definitely worth checking if you reset system settings. Good luck!
That isn’t a bug. Resetting system settings does that

Just tried Beta 5 and just one word, Wow!
Great job FAS - well worth the wait….
No problems to report.

Question on the new Out 2 features. Even with the new option set to Line Level, is it expected that Out 2 will still be 20 DB lower than Out 1 when looking at the meters on each of those blocks? This is how it used to work just wasn’t sure if I was missing something. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom