FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Я просто перетащил обновленный Austin Buddy Bank 1 без проблем. Я использую Mac, но не Windows. Вы используете менеджер предустановок (в меню инструментов) в FM3 Edit?
Yes, everything is fine through the preset manager. The program crashes when copying a preset from the Total Commander window to the FM3-Edit window.

Last edited:
Да, через менеджер предустановок все нормально. Программа вылетает при копировании пресета из окна Total Commander в окно FM3-Edit.

There is something very strange in this sentence... what is "Total Commander" and "FM3-Edit"?

В этом предложении есть что-то очень странное ... что такое Total Commander и FM3-Edit?
Total Commander is a file manager in Windows. FM3 -Edit - is a program for managing FAS FM3 ... what's not clear here?
My native language is Russian and I use Google translator, maybe something is wrongly translated?

Little help please. So, I am NOT a high gain guy, although I do use OD and boosts of course when called for. Mainly a Fender guy. Anyway, my issue with the Deluxe Teed jumped is what I have read on this forum for many, many years from mainly high gain folks-flubbiness (sp)? That is kind of what I think I am hearing with the tweed but I cannot remember or never knew at all how to dial it out. It's not a "too much bass" thing. flubbiness is the best I can come up with.
BTW, I am a Strat player, all SC's... ATM, Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, which I have used for well over a decade. Using 2 different Strats, one with OLDER Fralins and one with newer Fralins. They both are doing it but mainly on the Tweed Jumped?
Any ideas welcomed......

Tweed Jumpered is a new model added with the Cygnus betas I think. That's driving both channels and can be a mess if you turn the volumes up too high, IMO. Keep them low, I have the Bright Drive at 3 and Normal Drive at 1 and it sounds pretty good for Stones songs with a Tele in Open-G. But running a jumper between the channels is not my favorite way to run a real 5E3 amp.

What you are describing is the nature of a real 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. I never thought the amp was very well modeled in previous FW versions. Sounded more like an idealized version than the real thing. Anyway, the real amps actually have a very narrow range of usability on the volume dial, unless you want that farty/spitty tone. I haven't owned a vintage one for a while, but they all reached full volume and distortion at about 4-5 on the volume knob and from there just got more "spitty" and the low end got more "flabby" as you turned it up.

Try this trick with the Deluxe Tweed model (don't use the Jumpered version). Turn the Normal Drive control all the way up and use the Bright Drive control to set your volume and gain. This gives you a more usable range without the excessive blocking distortion and excessive flabbiness. This volume control interaction was not modeled properly in prior versions (I think it was added with Cygnus, but I could be wrong) and is similar to the way the real amps behave.

Last edited:
Total Commander is a file manager in Windows. FM3 -Edit - is a program for managing FAS FM3 ... what's not clear here?
My native language is Russian and I use Google translator, maybe something is wrongly translated?
I was just joking with the words with non-russian characters in your sentence (FM3-Edit and Band Commander).
No problems, good vibe! :)

Я просто пошутил над словами с нерусскими буквами в вашем предложении (FM3-Edit и Band Commander).
Никаких проблем, хорошее настроение! :)
Thank you . In another language, it is often difficult to understand even the meaning, if it is not easy, all the more a joke :)
The principle of constructing phrases in different languages sometimes completely changes the meaning.

And here seems to be the bug, FM3 switches 1 and 2 have now the same functions as stand-in SW 1 tip and ring.

I am doing something wrong or did I discover a small bug?
Stand-in swtiches let you assign the external switches to one of the regular footswitches, so it sounds like you have your stand-ins set to use your FM3 switches 1 and 2.

If this doesn't look like what's happening, you can upload your "System + FC" settings and someone can take a look when they have a chance.

Sorry not familiar with the protocol for flagging up potential bugs, preset attached.
Seems to crash when changing scenes whilst playing anything palm muted/open chords.
This preset was woking fine with the previous beta of Cygnus, this fault has started happening since the update last night.

Running a MacBook Pro 2015 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 with OS Catalina 10.15.7

Cheers
Thanks for the preset @bluekipper . Could you also upload your "System + FC" settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom