FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it used to be active, can anyone confirm this ?
There is a VU for OUT2 in Zoom mode.....why would you not represent the signal that is coming out of it with an active VU....
Reload 3.02 and check yourself?

I noticed a bug last night when saving a preset. When I saved a preset to a new location, in FM3 Edit you could see the new name when you had the preset active, but in the list view it had the old preset name still.

Just updated and it works fine.
Honestly, the purchase price for fractal products seems high at first. But considering the quality of hardware, the sounds, the usability, the firm- software development, and the support - those products are a actually really well priced!

Thanks FAS!

Did you take a full backup before updating? If so, try restoring your system settings.
Actually, no. mainly because I was running 403. Last backup was 302. Dumb I know. Very frustrated.
I have 2 choices I think. Just live with 302, which was fine for me. Or rebuild my presets.

All the amps are breaking up in a very bad way. But that is only part of it.

Last edited:
Hey all, installed the beta and I have no sound through the headphones for some reason. I've reset the global system parameters and I believe I tried the "soft reset" of the presets (change amp model from existing to new and then back to existing?)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great! I have not tried playing through anything else other than the headphones. I've also tested headphones and guitar cable on a Yamaha THX and they were both working fine.

EDIT: I believe last FW I was on was 4.02 but I may be mistaken. It definitely wasn't anything 4.3 and beyond. Thanks
EDIT 2: Well..looks like the last time I messed with or moved my FM3, I missed with the levels knob...it was at 0. My issue has been resolved..🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Actually, no. mainly because I was running 403. Last backup was 302. Dumb I know. Very frustrated.
I have 2 choices I think. Just live with 302, which was fine for me. Or rebuild my presets.

All the amps are breaking up in a very bad way. But that is only part of it.
Maybe try loading it again, your experience isn’t normal. Reset parameters too.

Maybe try loading it again, your experience isn’t normal.
Yup. I know that, Appreciate the reply believe me. I always appreciate the help from the forum. I did do another sys reset before I saw your post and starting rebuilding my presets. I have only done 2 so far but they came out OK.
Problem I face is my presets are the same (well tweaked for each FW update) since, oh, years ago. I rarely go deep, Main issue was and still is for some, like the Deluxe Tweed jumped (my fav) I am still having a hard time getting it back. I will keep at it of course.
If I cannot get the tweed back to where I like it I will reinstall the FW :)

Yup. I know that, Appreciate the reply believe me. I always appreciate the help from the forum. I did do another sys reset before I saw your post and starting rebuilding my presets. I have only done 2 so far but they came out OK.
Problem I face is my presets are the same (well tweaked for each FW update) since, oh, years ago. I rarely go deep, Main issue was and still is for some, like the Deluxe Tweed jumped (my fav) I am still having a hard time getting it back. I will keep at it of course.
If I cannot get the tweed back to where I like it I will reinstall the FW :)
Rebuilding your presets will be expected for most. Many of the models' parameter controls have changed, such as value, taper, etc.

Rebuilding your presets will be expected for most. Many of the models' parameter controls have changed, such as value, taper, etc.
Sadly, I am doing that...........Most of the time, for all the Fractal devices I have owned(which is all but the III) I usually tweaked my presets without too much effort and moved on. Have to work harder this time. But I will.
Thanks

Little help please. So, I am NOT a high gain guy, although I do use OD and boosts of course when called for. Mainly a Fender guy. Anyway, my issue with the Deluxe Teed jumped is what I have read on this forum for many, many years from mainly high gain folks-flubbiness (sp)? That is kind of what I think I am hearing with the tweed but I cannot remember or never knew at all how to dial it out. It's not a "too much bass" thing. flubbiness is the best I can come up with.
BTW, I am a Strat player, all SC's... ATM, Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, which I have used for well over a decade. Using 2 different Strats, one with OLDER Fralins and one with newer Fralins. They both are doing it but mainly on the Tweed Jumped?
Any ideas welcomed......

Little help please. So, I am NOT a high gain guy, although I do use OD and boosts of course when called for. Mainly a Fender guy. Anyway, my issue with the Deluxe Teed jumped is what I have read on this forum for many, many years from mainly high gain folks-flubbiness (sp)? That is kind of what I think I am hearing with the tweed but I cannot remember or never knew at all how to dial it out. It's not a "too much bass" thing. flubbiness is the best I can come up with.
BTW, I am a Strat player, all SC's... ATM, Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, which I have used for well over a decade. Using 2 different Strats, one with OLDER Fralins and one with newer Fralins. They both are doing it but mainly on the Tweed Jumped?
Any ideas welcomed......

Try moving the tone stack position to pre gain stages, then turn the bass down there. You can then add any back in the output EQ to taste.

Isn't that exploding amp with the tubby low end kind of the calling card of a cranked Tweed,
especially one with the inputs jumpered??

Meaning, not sure you can dial it out without making that into something it is not intended to be.

Isn't that exploding amp with the tubby low end kind of the calling card of a cranked Tweed,

Meaning, not sure you can dial it out without making that into something it is not intended to be.

Leo Fender never intended for them to sound like that in the first place, so...

Wasn't for the past 11 years, in my Fractal experience. If I did, I sure did it a long time ago and kept on doing it. Owned plenty of Fenders and never had this issue. But who knows. Anything is possible I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom