FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

What's the preferred way to reset the amp blocks? I'd rather do it once and change them globally.

I saw someone post this: Under Preset Manager in FM3-Edit, there’s a bulk amp reset option that will go through and reset all channels of the amp block on all of the selected presets.

Here's a fun synthwave jam with my buddy Clifton Wright. He's playing his rack with three Lexicon PCM70's for all the grease, I'm using my live FM3 preset with detune, delay and the Coliseum Reverb.

Videos like these make me fondly remember the good old days before the internet when I actually believed I was good at playing the guitar.

Incredible!

Reactions: Rex
May have found a bug that’s causing a warbling sound even with no effects or blocks on
I’m using the fm3 for delay and reverb in the effects loop of my be 50
I played a gig last night and thought my univibe was one a couple times when it wasnt...

Im using omg9 and the letters on the middle label screen went blank randomly. It would turn back on when I went back to a different scene. How do I report this bug for the beta? First time beta for me, but love the sounds even more now.

Very impressed so far! I see what people are saying about the "feel"- the Fenders in particular. Only bug I've noticed so far is the middle LCD screen going blank occasionally - reboot brings it back.

What's the preferred way to reset the amp blocks? I'd rather do it once and change them globally.

I saw someone post this: Under Preset Manager in FM3-Edit, there’s a bulk amp reset option that will go through and reset all channels of the amp block on all of the selected presets.

That’s the method you’re looking for.

LEASE IGNORE THIS, It is my home studio system itself. I explained in a response below. Sorry.

Yes, I searched this thread and read the posts about the reverb. Still not clear to me if this is suppose to be happening:

The reverb on all my presets is just too much, compared to yesterday before update.. I like reverb and always have.
So is this something that is suppose to happen because it's Matched (whatever) with the III reverb algo's?
Hope this makes sense...............

Last edited:
Very impressed so far! I see what people are saying about the "feel"- the Fenders in particular. Only bug I've noticed so far is the middle LCD screen going blank occasionally - reboot brings it back.
Me too -same lcd screen issue (but it still functions). I also had an occasional univibe sounding sometimes.

Yes, I searched this thread and read the posts about the reverb. Still not clear to me if this is suppose to be happening:

The reverb on all my presets is just too much, compared to yesterday before update.. I like reverb and always have.
So is this something that is suppose to happen because it's Matched (whatever) with the III reverb algo's?
Hope this makes sense...............

The reverb block didn’t change much, just the EQ was re-worked a bit and a couple new types were added. I didn’t notice any change in reverb volume on my presets (and didn’t notice any change in the reverb at all until I tried the new types, they sound nice).

Do you use the Global Mix setting on your reverb blocks?

This is a dumb question, but have you tried a different cable?

The reverb block didn’t change much, just the EQ was re-worked a bit and a couple new types were added. I didn’t notice any change in reverb volume on my presets (and didn’t notice any change in the reverb at all until I tried the new types, they sound nice).

Do you use the Global Mix setting on your reverb blocks?

This is a dumb question, but have you tried a different cable?
Hey
I was just about to edit my post, which I will. But I wanted to respond to your post because you were kind enough to help.

Something else is going on and I do NOT know what it is. IOW, it's not the reverb. It is actually my system in my home studio. I cannot turn the volume up on my Yamaha DXR10's (which I have had for many years) It is way too loud. Not sure what I did but guess a deep dive is in order.
Possibly my OLD AI (echo Layla 3G or Cakewalk itself. What a drag. Also it isn't a +4\-10 thing, First thing I checked. I checked.
Thanks

Ya Good question, I might have missed it but would love to try this the easy way

No issues with beeta here. Only downside is the amp, reverb, and cab blocks really eat up DSP if you put it all on highest quality. I'm at 70% without much else in the grid.

All amp channels were reset, and everything sounded great with the old Ares knob settings, except the 5153 50W Blue. It needed completely redone but sounds good now - not sure what changed, but it sounded awful with my old Ares setting applied to the Cygnus model - very deep and unclear.

I concur on the enhanced low/mids that others commented on - especially the Morgan AC20 and Blues Jr.

I hadn't updated to 3.03b, so I gained Drives, Ultra Res, and Cygnus with this update and I can honestly say I heard a difference through headphones - it's clearer in the mids. Some may recall a thread discussing my PRS pickups sounding harsh sometimes, but that problem improved with this update.

Great job.

Soft resets are not working on my Windows 10 computer with latest AxeEdit software since this download. Everything goes to 5. Anyone else experience this?

Little bug report : 4.00 beta 1 internal preset number wasn't incremented, so updating presets from 3.03b1 will not be possible upon preset load...
@rglr

Last edited:
Yep, I got the middle LCD screen going blank as well with same resolution. No biggie really. Amps definitely feel different, can't really put my finger on it but loving this new update. My Friedman BE/HBE preset definitely has a little more clarity on note separation when playing those faster alternate picking stuff, no alterations needed for my presets except the odd amp level tweak here and there. Awesome stuff.

Not in the release notes, but it looks like we got a new Deluxe Tweed Jumped model, and proper modeling of the volume control interaction in the non-jumped model. I don't think that was there previously, unless I missed it (quite possible). Maybe it was added in the previous beta? Regardless, this is a nice addition for fans of the 5E3!

Not in the release notes, but it looks like we got a new Deluxe Tweed Jumped model, and proper modeling of the bright and normal volume control interaction in the non-jumped model. I don't think that was there previously, unless I missed it (quite possible). Maybe it was added in the previous beta. Regardless, this is a nice addition for fans of the 5E3!
This was added as part of Cygnus.

Yep, I got the middle LCD screen going blank as well with same resolution. No biggie really. Amps definitely feel different, can't really put my finger on it but loving this new update. My Friedman BE/HBE preset definitely has a little more clarity on note separation when playing those faster alternate picking stuff, no alterations needed for my presets except the odd amp level tweak here and there. Awesome stuff.
Occasionally got one of the mini displays blank or faded or shortly black striped.
After rebooting gone but happens again.
Only when using the 3 footswitches.
Not via FM3 Edit.

Back
Top Bottom