FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

Not all is beautifull in this firmware. I'll update cygnus in 2 months more or less, when people put here all the pros and cons. Especially the last ones, because I did a lot of pressets and with Ares they sounds amazing man

Not all is beautifull in this firmware. I'll update cygnus in 2 months more or less, when people put here all the pros and cons. Especially the last ones, because I did a lot of pressets and with Ares they sounds amazing man
There really are not too many cons
the output 2 issue solution is
being done and Axe Edit update will be out soon
Ares has had the last update so unless you are staying a few months from now will not make a difference , you could wait for the new presets in a couple of weeks but in the end you are likely going to have to tweak for your guiitars
setup and preferences whenever you join the party

Is it just me? Or has the virtual capo improved? Last time I used it was a couple FW back, but it seems much better.
I was hoping they snuck that in, but I’m not hearing any big differences compared to 3.02. It’s definitely not on par with the Axe’s pitch block yet.

Thanks for the prompt response Patzag... much appreciated. Forgive my ignorance but what are the “BMT” settings you refer to? Told you I was a technophobe! Lol

Exscuse me for my miss but why is necessary to reset the amp block? Are we talking about existing presets? It is not possibile that the same settings works well or bettet with the cygnus update?

Exscuse me for my miss but why is necessary to reset the amp block? Are we talking about existing presets? It is not possibile that the same settings works well or bettet with the cygnus update?
The default value for several advanced parameters in the amp block were changed with Cygnus. If you don’t reset the amp block in existing presets then you’re hearing the new Cygnus modeling algorithm with the Ares values for those parameters. It makes a significant difference for the better in my experience.

The default value for several advanced parameters in the amp block were changed with Cygnus. If you don’t reset the amp block in existing presets then you’re hearing the new Cygnus modeling algorithm with the Ares values for those parameters. It makes a significant difference for the better in my experience.
Ok so at last is necessary to ricreate the amp block settings in every preset confirm? Thanks

Probably never. But it doesn't matter, you can use the Dynamics type in the Compressor block instead.
Thank you for clarification. "Amp block is aligned with Axe-Fx III 16.01." As a non native English speaker I wondered about the usage of the word "aligned". Now it makes sense to me 👍

Thinking about re-exploring the factory presets. Since the new factory presets aren’t out yet, should I just reset the amp channel(s) on each preset? Any other considerations to keep in mind?

Hi together,

maybe I am the only one, but here Out2 has more level than before. I do not use Copy 1 -> 2, I use the Out2 as a Send for external gear (audio interface and iPad with MIDIGuitar App). 4.00b1 increased Out2 level by a few db which causes my presets to clip. I can see this on the meters page. Out2 goes into red which was not the case before. It is no problem to change the presets to this new level. I am just wondering if 4.00b1 is too loud compared to 3.02 (which I used before) or if 3.02 was too quiet and 4.00b1 is the correct level. Basically no problem, I just want to know if Out2 level will stay as it is for future versions or if it may change. Don't want to tune presets again and again with every version😉.
I went in and changed the Output 2 Pad to 12db in I/O and that seems to have alleviated the clipping for me. It was at 0 before. Resetting the amp block didn't do anything... but the Pad thing worked.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Last night was my first time playing through the new Cygnus amp modeling. I was kind of shocked at just how different it sounded, In a good way. You guys really got something here.

NOTE #2: Cygnus is a major update. It is recommended that you "soft reset" each channel of the amp block in each of your presets by changing its Type to a different setting and then back (ex: Switch from Brit JM45 to Brit Brown and then back to Brit JM45) . This resets most parameters but doesn't change the basic gain and tone settings. As an alternative, you can "hard reset" an amp channel by using the Reset function (Push Knob A in the Amp Edit menu on the unit itself, or Reset Current Channel in FM3-Edit).
So by changing the amp type to something else and back, this retains the authentic parameters but resets everything else?

Gigged one preset today. Electric @ input one and acoustic @ input two. Both routed to output 1. No issues at all with what I did (pretty much only Scene changes, but it was on a long time... three services! Only issue I noticed was that it did not recognize the fc6 when I connected it ( the FM3 was already up and running). Came up fine on restart. And the tones are amazing!!!

One of the great things about the way FAS does things is releases are stand alone, not cumulative, so simply do a full backup prior to, and you can go to any version, restore those backups and go from there.

I still load FW 17 pre-Ares, pre-Quantum, on my Axe-Fx II when jamming with a certain cover band I was in years ago, cause it's all dialed and I have zero desire to redo over 250 unique presets.

Anyways backups and installs only take a few minutes.

There's no danger to lose anything as long as you do a backup.

One of the great things about the way FAS does things is releases are stand alone, not cumulative, so simply do a full backup prior to, and you can go to any version, restore those backups and go from there.

I still load FW 17 pre-Ares, pre-Quantum, on my Axe-Fx II when jamming with a certain cover band I was in years ago, cause it's all dialed and I have zero desire to redo over 250 unique presets.

Anyways backups and installs only take a few minutes.

There's no danger to lose anything as long as you do a backup.
Yes man, is a good way to make all easier. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom