FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 1

So another newb question please: coming from 3.02 Ares and having updated to 4.00 Cygnus:
my presets all sound the same now, just slightly less loud.
Is there anything I have to reset on the FM3 itself to get all parameters ported to the new firmware?

The only thing I clicked was "Refresh after new Firmware" in FM3-Edit in the settings tab. But nothing on the FM3 itself.

Did I miss something?

So another newb question please: coming from 3.02 Ares and having updated to 4.00 Cygnus:
Is there anything I have to reset on the FM3 itself to get all parameters ported to the new firmware?

The only thing I clicked was "Refresh after new Firmware" in FM3-Edit in the settings tab. But nothing on the FM3 itself.

Did I miss something?
I’d recommend reading backwards. It’s been covered many times.

Did I miss something?
You suppose to reset the Amp Block.

I'm new to FM3-edit (use only hardware UI). I could not find that option on FM3-edit, I only found Reset the Channel.

What worked was when you on your Preset in FM3-edit click on Amp Block, then on the bottom left you should see the Amp type field witch your amp in there. Click there and select different amp. Once done click there again and re select the amp you had there originally. That resets the amp, I think.

I may be wrong, but there are 400 posts so far to read, maybe somebody will chime in!

Regarding 'resetting amp block'... is it that once an existing preset has had a particular amp block type reset then all existing instances of that amp block type in all existing presets are reset?

Also, if I reset an amp block type in Channel A but I have other block types in channels B-D do they need to be reset individually or did resetting Channel A automatically reset any other types in the other channels?

Reactions: Woz
With cygnus the drive block is with the new algoritm or is the same as with ares?.
Is necessary to reset drive block?
Thanks

I use Sennheiser HD-650 for my primary listening headphones. They’re open-air and sound good as is, but with the EQ curve sound excellent. I also have Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, which are equivalent to the Sony, and both are greatly improved with an EQ curve.

Greg, are u able to provide the eq curve for the 650? Have the same and would be great to add. Btw do u also have the “new version” from 2019?
Thx

With the new edit software I have 2 proboems: The first us with the knob presence in the Amp (the letters aren't readable and it don't works well). The second, every time I start the Fm3, the edit software spend 2 minutes reading all the blocks

With the new edit software I have 2 proboems: The first us with the knob presence in the Amp (the letters aren't readable and it don't works well). The second, every time I start the Fm3, the edit software spend 2 minutes reading all the blocks
Check settings if set to refresh at start.

Just redone some other presets.
I copy channel to clipboard, reset amp channel, paste from clipboard back and tune settings...
May this could help do it more easy.

Also checked recording functionality.
Seems there are no issues so far.
And recoded track sounds great.

What do they mean when they say that UltraRes technique is employed “without adding CPU burden” and then it says UltraRes IRs “require more CPU power than Normal Res”?

Also is IR Length option on the hardware synonymous with Resolution? I thought resolution would be the sampling frequency as in the specs of IR being 48kHz? This confuses me.
This is a bit historic information. Back in Axe Fx 2/Ax8 days and before Ultrares was added, there was normal and high resolution, and when Ultrares was added it used less CPU than the high resolution before.

The sampling rate is 48kHz and the length of an Ultrares is 170ms so if you take 48000 * 0.170 you’ll get more than 8000 total samples (8160). The longer the IR the more of the room the capture is made in, is captured In the IR.

** BUG REPORT **

Fm3 FM4.0 BETA 1 & FM3 Edit 1.4

Hi all !

My apologies if this has already been reported, but when using my 5 key amps:-

=> AC 20 12AX7 Treble - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Class-A 30w - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Class-A 30w Hot - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Wrecker Express - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Plexi 50w 6CA7 - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -9.1db

And for each of them, when turning the Input Dynamics Rotary Knob - there is - to my ears - no audible sonic changes occurring.

Hope this helps,
Ben

Sorry, i cant hear any difference when dialing the "Master Bias Ex" Parameter in the Amp Dynamics Tab. Tried with Headphones and a fully cranked Deluxe Verb Model!
But I hear a clear difference when i turn the "Bias Excursion" under Power Amp - Power Tubes Tab, so i think the "Master Bias Ex" Parameter is not working!

Anybody had the same experience?

** BUG REPORT **

Fm3 FM4.0 BETA 1 & FM3 Edit 1.4

Hi all !

My apologies if this has already been reported, but when using my 5 key amps:-

=> AC 20 12AX7 Treble - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Class-A 30w - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Class-A 30w Hot - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Wrecker Express - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -3.7db
=> Plexi 50w 6CA7 - Input Dynamic Gain Meter is Stuck/Fixed @ -9.1db

And for each of them, when turning the Input Dynamics Rotary Knob - there is - to my ears - no audible sonic changes occurring.

Hope this helps,
Ben

The FM3 doesn't support Input Dynamics. The meter is put in the editor by accident, probably.

Hi together,

maybe I am the only one, but here Out2 has more level than before. I do not use Copy 1 -> 2, I use the Out2 as a Send for external gear (audio interface and iPad with MIDIGuitar App). 4.00b1 increased Out2 level by a few db which causes my presets to clip. I can see this on the meters page. Out2 goes into red which was not the case before. It is no problem to change the presets to this new level. I am just wondering if 4.00b1 is too loud compared to 3.02 (which I used before) or if 3.02 was too quiet and 4.00b1 is the correct level. Basically no problem, I just want to know if Out2 level will stay as it is for future versions or if it may change. Don't want to tune presets again and again with every version😉.
I had a blank FS1 label yesterday, but could not reproduce

But apart from this, Cygnus rocks. Thank you FAS.

Out2.png

Back
Top Bottom