FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

Noted. I predict that you'll get used to it as did all of the Axe-Fx community members when Perform Pages were added on that box.
Yea, I thought (for a second) it was annoying too, then the live musician in me slapped me in the face.

We have to prioritize when adding extra features on 1 menu. What should be the fastest thing to get to?

Presumably, we have all made, and tested our presets in the comfort of our studios at home.

When we play live, one of the most requested options, was to get to our amp/eq/fine adjustments QUICKLY when we are on stage.

30 sec before start in a live setting, or between a song, whenbthe sound guy tells me my highs are killing him (all rooms/pa s are different) I need to get to my cab high cut filter like yesterday 😉.

Pushing that button once for my per preset adjustments, and again for my global controls, is more important. Of course I could just have that page up in anticipation for fine adjustments, but I don't care 🙃.

To each their own, but I was so happy to see this added, I didn't have time to think about how many times I pushed the button...in fact, if the designer would have asked me ahead of time, "we can add 2 performance pages, but you'll have to push the buttons 5 times to get to the presets page", me and a bunch of folks would have made that trade!

Great job Fractal, but no haters here, I'm sure there will be something you do in the future that ticks me off a little...you can't make us all happy, but your darn close! FRACTAL RULES!

Were there some improvements made to the Tuner besides the input and tempo that were described in the release notes?
I thought I saw some chatter about tuner improvements on the Beta thread, although it could be something I read on the AXIII forum as well...
Thanks.

Reactions: HIO
Were there some improvements made to the Tuner besides the input and tempo that were described in the release notes?
I thought I saw some chatter about tuner improvements on the Beta thread, although it could be something I read on the AXIII forum as well...
Thanks.
There are several tuner notes mentioned in the first post of this thread and the included release notes.

What an impressive list of feature enhancements and defect fixes since the last update, like a brand new unit all over again… And its not even Friday…

Can't you set Copy Output 1 to 2, then just do something like this:
View attachment 79868

That hovers around 80% for me on 3.02

Dunno just a thought.
Thanks for looking at it! I'm not sure if that would copy Out 1 L to Out 2 L. I thought inserting the Out2 overrides Out1 copy. Will check later. Anyway, I don't think that would free enough CPU to make the preset stable. As soon as delays kick in in scene 5, it would probably become unresponsive.

Yea, I thought (for a second) it was annoying too, then the live musician in me slapped me in the face.

We have to prioritize when adding extra features on 1 menu. What should be the fastest thing to get to?

Presumably, we have all made, and tested our presets in the comfort of our studios at home.

When we play live, one of the most requested options, was to get to our amp/eq/fine adjustments QUICKLY when we are on stage.

30 sec before start in a live setting, or between a song, whenbthe sound guy tells me my highs are killing him (all rooms/pa s are different) I need to get to my cab high cut filter like yesterday 😉.

Pushing that button once for my per preset adjustments, and again for my global controls, is more important. Of course I could just have that page up in anticipation for fine adjustments, but I don't care 🙃.

To each their own, but I was so happy to see this added, I didn't have time to think about how many times I pushed the button...in fact, if the designer would have asked me ahead of time, "we can add 2 performance pages, but you'll have to push the buttons 5 times to get to the presets page", me and a bunch of folks would have made that trade!

Great job Fractal, but no haters here, I'm sure there will be something you do in the future that ticks me off a little...you can't make us all happy, but your darn close! FRACTAL RULES!
To each his own. I see the performance pages just as you have described. Presumably you'll fine tune for your performance; you're probably not adjusting between songs. The Preset List (at least for me) gets much more use.

The Performance Pages are a great add!

I'm still feeling a bit of the Output 2 level is lower the previous Firmwares? I set Copy Output 1 to Output 2 and use Output 2 for my stage monitor. Am I reading right that we should have Output 2 levels set to max (Unity)? My Output Level in 1 is usually set in between noon-2 o'clock. I like to leave a bit of room in Output 2 (Usually set initially like Output 1 between noon and 2 o"clock), as I usually turn my monitors up at the end of the gig because the sound guy pushes the mains up. Am I missing something?

I really hope it is fixed, OUT2.
I cant test till tomorrow unfortunately.........can anyone else who uses Copy 2 -> 1 verify ?

Close but not quite... It requires other parts of Cygnus that have yet to be ported to the FM3.
3.02 is recommended for all customers. There's no need to avoid these fixes while you wait for Cygnus.
Thanks for the update. I hope we'll get the full Cygnus experience on the FM3.

There are several tuner notes mentioned in the first post of this thread and the included release notes.
Thanks. I looked into what I was reading and found it was a post in the AXIII Cygnus Beta thread. All good.

But I did not see the foot switch LED's when I was in tuner mode. Is this something that needs to be enabled?

Sa
The Performance Pages are a great add!

I'm still feeling a bit of the Output 2 level is lower the previous Firmwares? I set Copy Output 1 to Output 2 and use Output 2 for my stage monitor. Am I reading right that we should have Output 2 levels set to max (Unity)? My Output Level in 1 is usually set in between noon-2 o'clock. I like to leave a bit of room in Output 2 (Usually set initially like Output 1 between noon and 2 o"clock), as I usually turn my monitors up at the end of the gig because the sound guy pushes the mains up. Am I missing something?
Same for me, i posted pictures of settings and asked again. Response was it was fixed. I'll be plugged in the same monitors tomorrow, I'll know then.

Back
Top Bottom