FM3 Firmware Version 3.02

FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 is now available for download:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/3p0/fm3_dsp_rel_3p02.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for this release: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-03-02.170930/

NOTE: This release contains exciting new features and fixes, but does NOT include CYGNUS amp modeling, which will be delivered in a future FM3 update.

Release Notes:
ā€¢ Added Per-Preset and Global Performance Pages. These provide a new means of intuitive hands-on control of FM3 sound parameters with no menu delving required. (A PDF overview is included with the zip file containing this firmware release.)
ā€¢ Added ā€œDowntuneā€ and ā€œDisplay Modeā€ parameters to the Tuner, and added the option ā€œAllā€ to Tuner Input Source so it can track both input 1 and/or input 2.
ā€¢ Added Setup: Global: Config ā€œOutput 1 EQ Typeā€ and ā€œOutput 2 EQ Typeā€ options for graphic or parametric, including the option to turn each EQ off.
ā€¢ Added ā€œFootswitch Tuner Modeā€ (Setup: FC Controllers: Config) which uses the onboard LED rings on the FM3 to help you tune visually.
ā€¢ Added ā€œDetector Typeā€ (RMS or Peak) to the downward expander effect (Gate Block).
ā€¢ Added Diffusion Amount and Time parameters to Crystal Echoes effect (Pitch block).
ā€¢ Added Multitap Master Chorus rate and depth parameters.
ā€¢ Added LFO High Cut parameter and markers to ADSR graphs.
ā€¢ External Controller ā€œInitial Valuesā€ can now be set to any value from 0 to 100%.
ā€¢ Improved the rate of communication with a connected FC controller (especially FC-12).
ā€¢ Improved how the FM3 remains connected to FM3-Edit after certain USB ā€œsleepā€ activity.
ā€¢ The UI is now more responsive when a high CPU preset is loaded.
ā€¢ FC: Preset/Select in Bank switches will now flash after a bank change until you make a selection. This will not happen if your Bank switch is set to automatically load the FIRST or CURRENT preset in the new bank.
ā€¢ FC: You can now install the ā€œOMG9ā€ FC settings directly from the SETUP: FC Controllers: Reset page of the FM3, with no download required. The OMG9 Ownerā€™s Manual can be found at: http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/FM3/FM3-OMG9-Manual.pdf
ā€¢ FC Added: ā€œ2nd Press = Previous Sceneā€ option to the Scene/Select function. When set to ā€œONā€ this allows you to press the footswitch for the current scene to return to the previous one.
ā€¢ Fixed: Overlapping text when ā€œPrompt on Edited Preset Changeā€ is enabled.
ā€¢ Fixed: Global Input and Output volumes now initialize correctly when an expression pedal is used. (These parameters are located on the ā€œSetup: MIDI/Remote: Otherā€ page.)
ā€¢ Fixed: UI now updates when you disable Tuner ā€œUse Offsetsā€ in FM3-Edit while tuning.
ā€¢ Fixed: ā€œCOPY SCENEā€ and ā€œSWAP SCENEā€ now correctly copy or swap scene data in the Scene MIDI block and Control Switch ā€œPer Sceneā€ settings.
ā€¢ Fixed zippering that occurred in some circumstances when using an external MIDI modifier.
ā€¢ Fixed: Setting ā€œOutput 2 Copyā€ to anything other than ā€œNONEā€ no longer overwrites the regular OUT2 signal.
ā€¢ Fixed: Auto-engage now works consistently with modifiers on the amp and delay blocks.
ā€¢ FC Fixed: the main LCD on a remote FC should now update correctly in all circumstances.
ā€¢ Fixed: Activating the tuner with ā€œholdā€ on a TEMPO switch will no longer affect the tempo.
ā€¢ Fixed: the MIDI block UI now consistently displays the current scene.
ā€¢ Fixed: Multiband Compressor now works as expected.
ā€¢ Fixed: Global parameters under Midi/Remote now reset correctly to default values.
ā€¢ Fixed: User Cab should no longer be able to accidentally overwrite Factory Cab 1.
ā€¢ Fixed: Metronome OUT2 level should be correct in all cases.
@BryantP, I was looking for 3.02 and checked the main FM3 page under products, and the firmware listed is still 3.01.

havent has chance to play yet
does new drive models just
mean they added drive
models or changed existing ones too?

Since using firmware 3.02 I have not been able to upload Reverb Mix or Delay Mix controls to the Perform PP or Perform Glb pages.
Now I have beta version 3.03 and I can't either.
Some help?

Cygnus-Beta Monday? That would be Nice but they just bought themselves a month with 3.03 beta dont you think:weary:

I guess I have no reference to be obsessed over a Cygnus release/update, but I have to say a huge thanks for a (requested by me) 3.02 feature that managed to sneak by me while I was busy looking at the performance page functionality: Adding the option of Parametric (EQ type) for global EQ's was huge - delighted to find that at soundcheck a few days ago.. for that matter, delighted to be soundchecking. As a largely acoustic player and sound engineer, this is so much more helpful than a graph. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom