FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 Beta 1

... I still hear the crackling sound even at low volumes when using the FM3 as an audio interface (I'm on mac). the other interface (Presonus) renders the audio just fine (crisp/clear). Might be just because it is a beta version (debug enabled?!?)- obviously USB related

... I still hear the crackling sound even at low volumes when using the FM3 as an audio interface (I'm on mac). the other interface (Presonus) renders the audio just fine (crisp/clear). Might be just because it is a beta version (debug enabled?!?)- obviously USB related
Does the crackling occur on the audio coming into the Mac or out of the Mac (or both)?
What version of macOS are you running and what Mac is it?

OUT2 "volume issue" here as well. Just turning up both volumes and noticing that the OUT2 is a lot lower (with using OUT2 -> COPY OUT1). Adding an OUT2 block to the preset and +16dB volume gain and the volumes are equal.

OUT2 "volume issue" here as well. Just turning up both volumes and noticing that the OUT2 is a lot lower (with using OUT2 -> COPY OUT1). Adding an OUT2 block to the preset and +16dB volume gain and the volumes are equal.

I’m having low volume in out 2 also. I have it set to Copy output 1 and my presets don’t have an out 2 block

Does the crackling occur on the audio coming into the Mac or out of the Mac (or both)?
What version of macOS are you running and what Mac is it?
No crackling whatsoever if I plug my headphones into the Presonus mobile. if I plug it in the FM3 I get it
Mojave. Wearing headphones plugged into the phones jack.

I did a small screen capture of a youtube video and recorded the sound coming from my headphones plugged into the FM3, with the webcam tucked cozily in there. Crackling is clearly happening. Made an mp3 but can't seem to be able to attach it to the post.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

No crackling whatsoever if I plug my headphones into the Presonus mobile. if I plug it in the FM3 I get it
Mojave. Wearing headphones plugged into the phones jack.

I did a small screen capture of a youtube video and recorded the sound coming from my headphones plugged into the FM3, with the webcam tucked cozily in there. Crackling is clearly happening. Made an mp3 but can't seem to be able to attach it to the post.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
can you upload your MP3 to my dropbox? i can pass it on to the developers.

click this, and upload it: https://www.dropbox.com/request/k1KMjyGjbYUSEF24pskj

So, I checked on the audio dropouts. I've tried Cubase 10.0.60 and Logic PRO X and Garage Band, all on Macbook PRO 16" 2019 with Big Sur latest update installed. Cubase sucks ... dropouts, glitches, no way of recording anything trough that. Garage band and Logic Pro without problems, minimal latency and working flawlessly. Tried to restart the computer, check any background processes, but it simply doesn't work with Cubase!

The bias excursions on all (preamp, power amp, PI) are set to 100% in the Cygnus Beta of the AXE FX-III. But this very same model in the FM3 still has the old values, despite resetting the block and even the whole FM3. A bug maybe? According to the FM3 beta release notes, it should be at 100%, but isn't.

P.S: Screenshots taken from the latest video of a guy with a green PRS :D (thx for the content @2112)

View attachment 79015

View attachment 79016
I’m not seeing 100% on my end either.

Back
Top Bottom