FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time user, first time updating. Went smoothly. Instructions were very clear. Now to figure out how to get the tuner to come up on heel down with my expression pedal. Anyone have a quick how-to? It's connected to Pedal 1 via TRS.

Edit: Never mind, that was simple! What a great feature. These guys are ingenious.

Last edited:
Duuuuuuuude ...

Very cool! I can’t wait to load this up tomorrow. I haven’t had the USB or freezing issues but I’m interested to see if I can tell a difference in the amp models.

I downloaded a few presets from my Axe-FxIII to the FM3 and my delay times were half the length. Can someone confirm? The Axe delays were 520 and when they transferred to the FM3 they were 260. No big deal but I thought I'd mention it.

Ahhhh after auditioning a few amps one thing I'm starting to notice across various amps, and types/styles of amps, is how massively effective the Bass control by itself is now able to pretty much single-handedly defang the flubby munge out of boomy/tubby amps without sucking it right out or having to resort to amp EQ preamp high pass filtering, Depth controls, Speaker Impedance, etc. to fully get things under control while leaving some meat in the tone.

On a boomy Fender, or even the Brit JM45 Jump (a massively boomy amp), I can dial in the sweetest bass/low end on a Strat on the neck pickup in three seconds using the Bass control....wow. Well, the Bass along with the Normal Drive in the case of the JM45...

Previously, sometimes those types of amps required some contortions to tame a Strat/neck pickup on the low end but I'm finding instant Strat-Hendrix tones I'm going nuts for here...

Not ruling out the possibility of needing some minor tweaks elsewhere if required, but I'm definitely noticing how very effective and useful the action of the single Bass tone control is in v3....another pleasant discovery.

Last edited:
I downloaded a few presets from my Axe-FxIII to the FM3 and my delay times were half the length. Can someone confirm? The Axe delays were 520 and when they transferred to the FM3 they were 260. No big deal but I thought I'd mention it.
The max delay time in the Axe-Fx III is twice that of the FM3 so that's not surprising.

Just want to confirm if it's normal for the USB levels (I/O USB page) to be at 1.00 dB upon resetting system parameters... IIRC 0.0 dB has to be default value, right?

I did noticed this back on FW 2.00 but it's present too in 3.00.

I, how to explain it, I keep waiting for it to shock me; it has that feel; the tight compression of a live electrified string.

Fractal Audio: Real amplifier PTSD

:)

I, how to explain it, I keep waiting for it to shock me; it has that feel; the tight compression of a live electrified string.

Yea, v3 has a tighter feel to it, especially in the low end....

The Fender-y/low/mid gain tones all have this wonderful bell like tone...the strings and tones really just....ring out....with punch and authority like a piano string. Authoritative....chimey....the Fenders in v3 ohhhhhhh man. Pure tone/feel goodness...

The compression in the cathode follower has changed for a lot of amps if you reset the amp block. Is this new and normal? Quite a few of the amps i play have it at 69.9 until you reset the amp block and it reverts to 0.00. Speaker compression changes also.

Last edited:
If you like high gain, dial in your favourite model (in my case the USA Lead Mid Gain) and try turning the xformer drive up - there's a sweet spot (around 2 on the USA Lead, to my ears anyway) where you get more of that in your face "bark" from open chord and "grunt" from palm muted chugs. To contrast, turn Xformer drive down to 0.5 and compare the differences. Long live the king!

Not sure if I'm the only one hearing this but my personal presets have been THUMP-ed up big time.
I appreciate the new feel but I'd like to know how can I get back to my previous almost perfect to me sound...
Version 2.0 sounded 0.95/1 like my Mark-V dialing the exact same settings
For now I lowered the bass on the output eq sec...

Scratch that.

Seem to be some kind of incompatibility with my previous version (2.0 preset settings.
I dialed from scratch my setting after deleting the amp block and re-inserting it and sounds better than before.

Just happy... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom