FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

• FC: The first FC will now display the tuner when the FM3 is in the Tuner menu.

You mean the first FC on board the FM3? Because mine does not display the tuner when in Tuner menu (which I assume is when the tuner is active).

Ok, updated to the new 2.0 beta today and installed the new FM3 Edit.
Loaded the new "Archean Bright" amp model and started playing around with it. Switched on the "Fat" switch in the "Ideal" amp view and all audio out of the FM3 stopped. Changing to another patch did not bring the audio back. Had to power cycle the FM3 to get audio back.
Tried the Fat switch again on the Archean Bright" based preset I created and audio stopped again.
After power cycling again to get audio back, I tried the Fat switch on the Friedman HBE model - worked fine, no audio issues.
Tried to program a fresh new Archean Bright preset with just the minimum blocks - in, amp, cab, out. Same audio issue still happening with the Fat switch.

Win10 Home - 2004 Build

when the release says "Updated Amp block, now in sync with Axe-Fx III v14" is that an update to all the amps? Interested in loading this public beta, but wondering what to look out for? I havent experienced the problems that others have and am very happy with the performance so far. Most of my presets stay under 65%....should I expect to hear a difference in the amps I use?

I have also experimented on a couple other presets to see if I can replicate, and I can on some amps (Shiva Clean, Vibrato Deluxe), but it seems on higher gain amps it does not happen, or hasn't happened yet.

Can't reproduce the issue with Shiva Clean or Vibrato Lux.

Just tried the Archean Bright and the fat switch in ideal knocked everything out so had to power cycle to get any sound

Can confirm that if you load Factory patch 034, switch the amp to Archon Bright, engage FAT, audio drops, reboot required.

I just installed the firmware and made a basic preset containing 4 blocks: Input1-->Amp-->Cab-->Output1. I used the Archean models and also experienced a complete loss of audio once the Fat switch was engaged on the Archean Bright model. Once I turned off the Fat switch, the audio came back, no reboot required. I also noticed audio crackling/artifacting while adjusting the Bass knob on the Archean Bright model while ringing out a chord. Once I stopped adjusting the Bass knob though, the sound was fine.

Can confirm that if you load Factory patch 034, switch the amp to Archon Bright, engage FAT, audio drops, reboot required.
I tried this and experienced the audio drop as well. However, turning off the fat switch brings back my audio without requiring a complete reboot.

Can't reproduce the issue with Shiva Clean or Vibrato Lux.

Just to be clear, I was saying that on presets with the Shiva and Lux I replaced the amp with the Archons and got the same drop outs after doing so.

But from what others have experienced, it just seems there is simply a problem with the Archon Bright whether you replace an amp with it or just start out fresh. Although I'm sure I never engaged the fat switch. It just happened when I replaced the original amp model with the Archon Bright and played a few seconds.

I am getting a CPU usage warning on all presets now. Both the factory and my custom made. CPU usage show 60-7-% but still has the 'Warning' light on. Audio is fine. I have replicated after reboots and resetting blocks

Back
Top Bottom