FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

I've got it showing in the scene drop down menu in Axe-Edit. Did you download the latest version of the editor?

I've got it showing in the scene drop down menu in Axe-Edit. Did you download the latest version of the editor?
I only see the one from September, pretty sure I have that-I'll have to check! I have the one that's on the FAS website-Sept 4, 2020? Installed of course!

Hate to say it, but I'm already getting drop outs.

I dropped in the Archon Clean into a factory preset and played for a while, then switched the amp model to the Archon Bright and within a few seconds the sound just stopped through my CLR's. Had to power off and on again. Tried again doing the same thing in another preset and same thing happened a couple more times.

The meter for the right channel went full red but not the left(the left still showed readings in green after the drop out). Also, each time I turned the FM3 back on, Axe-Edit went through a full refresh of all block definitions just like it does when there is a new firmware version. I was controlling the unit with FM3 Axe-Edit 1.02 all the time instead of the front panel. However, just tried it with the front panel with Axe-Edit off and the same thing happened.

I attached the preset I was on the first time I got the drop out. Simply switch the amp from the Wrecker to Archon Clean and then to Archon Bright and see if someone else gets the same issue. I thought for a minute that maybe I was just clipping the output since the level was higher for a cleaner amp, but since I posted, I have turned the level down from where it is (-5.9) down to about -20 and it still cuts out and the right channel still went red. Tried on Scene 1, 2, and 3.

I have also experimented on a couple other presets to see if I can replicate, and I can on some amps (Shiva Clean, Vibrato Deluxe), but it seems on higher gain amps it does not happen, or hasn't happened yet.

Attachments

• Wrecker Rocket Edit.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Has there been any CPU % Useage optimization / reduction in this Beta (?)

Ben
Functionality and augmentations have been added. CPU usage will vary block to block so your mileage may vary. Some are up and some are down.

We did our best to keep any existing presets in the healthy range. If you find one that ran before and does no longer, please bring it to our attention.

Functionality and augmentations have been added. CPU usage will vary block to block so your mileage may vary. Some are up and some are down.

We did our best to keep any existing presets in the healthy range. If you find one that ran before and does no longer, please bring it to our attention.

Many thanks Bryant !

Would I be right in assuming that the new Axe 3 Pitch Block and the new Axe 3 Drive Block will be ported over too [hopefully] sooner rather than later (?)

Many thanks,
Ben

Many thanks Bryant !

Would I be right in assuming that the new Axe 3 Pitch Block and the new Axe 3 Drive Block will be ported over too [hopefully] sooner rather than later (?)

Many thanks,
Ben
You bet!

These are on the list. They are a challenge given the differences between the Axe-Fx III and the FM3. As I've said before, the FM3 is a powerful platform but the Axe-Fx III is even more so.

Back
Top Bottom